フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » League of Legends
League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 405 406 407 ... 577 578 579
 Fenrir.Tsuji
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-12-24 16:00:52  
I already gifted someone here on the forum, so I'll be waiting for that person to gift me back. I won't ask anyone else for stuff while that's going on :3

Just want to wish you all a happy Christmas, hope you all have a wonderful time!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-24 16:24:57  
can any1 give me tips on how to not suck w/ vi solo top?

just got wrecked top yet again lol :/ think i'm going to play her jungle onry from now on.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-24 16:27:35  
Be a little more specific? Vi is aggressive like Riven. You try and mitigate your pushing best you can, but her harass does inevitably push, so you have to ward and have strong map awareness. You basically want to make them scared to get anywhere near you by harassing them until they're too low to engage, then free farm. Certain champs will either lose CS by being forced under their tower, or tank the creep damage, which lowers their health and sustain in lane (This is more relevant early to early-mid game).

I use her Q to close distance when they attempt to last hit, and then E into them or a minion if I miss. Burst, then withdraw. If they can withstand the burst and shrug it off, or they know your burst is over and then engage, you've gotta play passive and just poke with E.

EDIT: Also, by mid game, Vi's E can clear entire waves in 2 hits, which makes Vi a great pusher. Push to their tower, ward appropriately, and escape when needed. Vi's got great escapes. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes not.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-12-24 16:55:43  
How does relentless in the defence tree work?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-24 16:58:44  
From wiki:
"Reduces the potency of movement slows by 7.5% / 15%.
* Stacks multiplicatively with Boots of Swiftness to provide 36.25% reduction in the potency of slows. "

Would probably counter Frozen Mallet in some situations.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2012-12-24 17:03:36  
Hm, thanks. Gonna check out all these new masteries.

Edit - Ugh, want to dodge but then I'd have to wait another hour
 Fenrir.Tsuji
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-12-24 21:02:12  
And this is why you don't solo queue, ever:

People, lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-12-24 21:24:27  
such christmas cheer!
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2012-12-24 22:12:18  
7-3 on placement and only made 1441 :/

On that note, I went 7-1 with Olaf
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-12-24 22:23:20  
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-12-24 22:32:19  
I feel like i'd like to do my placement matches

but id dodge like 8 billion times
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-12-24 22:45:10  

Lux <3
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-12-25 00:35:32  
Part of me wants to purposely tank my ELO just so I can ***on people at low low ELO
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-25 00:41:46  
You'll win your lane and then the rest of your team will throw it.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-12-25 00:42:13  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
You'll win your lane and then the rest of your team will throw it.

this already happens
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-25 00:45:37  
Well there was this guy who tanked down to 0 and climbed back up carrying himself with jungle Shaco, explaining that split pushing was unreal up to 1600~ ELO.

I tanked myself so low, as said above, I'll win my lane hard but then I need to work on my "snipe" ability in mid and late game. If you somewhat know how to do that, you should be able to carry yourself out of this hole. I couldn't play much lately to man up and try it, but I'll get on it asap and post the results. I'm already +100 ELO just with Vi.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-12-25 00:48:27  
I really feel like catching people out can be a very good way to raise ELO up to certain point

Though I always get the *** who get caught out in a completely warded jungle while I'm the only one actually warding on my team

I don't *** understand this game sometimes
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-12-25 00:51:48  
Fenrir.Tsuji said: »
And this is why you don't solo queue, ever:

People, lol.

which server you play? im EU west :3
 Cerberus.Trixta
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2012-12-25 01:46:23  
Playing Sona support with a Tristana, Tristana tries to Rocket jump Taric under Turret to get a kill, Taric Stuns, Vayne gets a free kill. Not even 3 minutes later we get 5v2'd under tower because people refused to call out MIA's, or wards.

I hate solo queue.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-25 01:50:44  
I'm tempted to either pick up Nasus or Xin seriously just for ranked purpose. Nasus is risky as he's Q farm based, Xin is Xin, both allow to roam and 1v2 without too much troubles and have a somewhat good mobility (they have slows).

I would do that with ZED as it works, but his ult only allow for one free kill and unless I reach Hydra very fast I cannot 1v2.

I can't wait to be able to play 10/20 matches in a row to see how it fares. Days off, where are you!?
By Rhaokin 2012-12-25 04:21:34  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
can any1 give me tips on how to not suck w/ vi solo top?

just got wrecked top yet again lol :/ think i'm going to play her jungle onry from now on.

In my own experience, don't play against Jayce top with Vi. :3

I played Jayce against her and stomped that skank into the dirt. So bad that she had to have Elise camp top just so she could farm.
 Bahamut.Kujah
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kujah 2012-12-25 04:41:09  
Anyone on EU West feel free to add me if up for some games, ranked or
otherwise, 1398 ELO main Mid :)

Lol name is Kujah!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-25 04:54:02  
Well, Vi solotop hum.

Either start Flask + potions + 1 ward, refresh 1/2 wards per back to base, brutalizer is next. Or, start with sword + potions (3 potions), finish your brutalizer faster.

E lv 1, harass with both charges as soon as you enter lane, last hit carefully until they are back up (safer to only harass when both are up, people usually get discouraged easily and very few can answer), level W next to ensure that you can kill your opponent should he try to melee you (except a few things like Olaf, run from that thing, W doesn't make up for his passive is what I learned) and allow easier last hiting/AS buff when you want. Level Q at lv 3 so that you have an escape since the Jungler should arrive soon if he didn't already. It also allows you to have a very strong initiate if you wish to kill your lane opponent or setup a gank.

Harassing with E can easily push your opponent to base, even if you are being pressured under your turret. Add a quick Q and the guy will base or at least leave you for a good 30 seconds.

Her ult and Q are amazing tools if you get turret dived, which makes passive play actually worth it. I unlocked several situations this way, despite the enemies being fed.

I usually go:

Sword/2-3 pots > Brutalizer > boots > finish boots (merc/tabi) > Sheen > Phage > finish Triforce > finish BC > Hydra/GA > Hydra/GA > Randuin's

Bruta/Tabi/Sheen doesn't cost that much and is usually enough to hurt a lot/win trades. I recently discovered how her Q hurts, it might be worth leveling Q over E in lane (it is mathematically speaking, but practically is a whole different world) depending on your playstyle, I would say.

I have it way easier when I jungle with her, that's for sure. She does lose lane against many usual top but in my opinion, she's pretty much like Kha'Zix. People are only "really" discovering now the real potential he has and how he "should" be played. I would wait a little, she might get upped a little among other things.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-12-25 08:24:56  
I made a zephyr once on her and was quite pleased; +attack, + cool down reduction for E and ultimate, + movement speed to close the gap better, + big boost of attack speed, and tenacity to top it off. Starts from a sword too so you get early attack damage while building. Could be nice if you can hold out getting merc treds vs. a cc heavy team.

This was jungle Vi though. I found her attack speed without denting blows on really slowing me down, so I tried this item and was able to keep it on pretty much all the time. Made clearing out creeps super fast without needing to burn mana. In lane might not be worth it because your abilities give you denting blows right away anyways when you're going in to harass/kill.

Also lets you destroy dragon XD
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-25 08:39:45  
Zephyr is a pretty deadly item from what I can see. I'll have to try it out, but basically yes, Tenacity + 2/2 mastery + some speed here and there is needed on her.

Would have to check the price of Zephyr, and what it would replace in the building order, though.
By Rhaokin 2012-12-25 08:59:34  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Zephyr is a pretty deadly item from what I can see. I'll have to try it out, but basically yes, Tenacity + 2/2 mastery + some speed here and there is needed on her.

Would have to check the price of Zephyr, and what it would replace in the building order, though.

I like to build Zephyr after IE/Phantom Dancer on Ashe or Vayne, but for other AD Carry champs I occasionally get it as a 5th/6th item instead. The tenacity+movement+attack speed is crucial for Vayne, Ashe can use the movement speed to kite like a boss.

Tried Statik Shiv once on Ashe too, combining Avarice Blade with my E and TF's passive I farmed up an IE by 17min with 0/0/1 KD
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-12-25 09:08:47  
Statik shiv is pretty nasty early on with ashe if you're pushed to their tower, that extra critical lightning damage is pretty strong harass and you can build up your passive before you shoot it off. Can make them B in fear of arrow dive and just take the tower.
First Page 2 3 ... 405 406 407 ... 577 578 579