First Page 2 3 ... 304 305 306 ... 577 578 579
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-18 13:21:16  
Asura.Lolserj said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I enjoyed spamming Jayce's gate anytime it was up in order to move around the map, the cost was so low that it would be refunded by the time it is up again, even at level 1 :/

gate and knockbackhammermove nerf

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

and why remove the debuff completely on ez's essence flux? D: it was nice to have
I'll wait to see numbers before crying for his hammer. Though, this annoys me as it's my primary tool for defending against a gank or simply fighting 1 on 1 against things like Xin and Rengar (which I usually lose anyway).

Looks like I'll have to suck even less.
By volkom 2012-10-18 14:09:55  
yay got my honor ribbon
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-10-18 16:30:22  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
what are they nerfing about Sona? maybe it wont be too bad?
I want that Fiora skin :/
many of these changes (especially blitz-ez) seem good.
volkom said: »
Seems like q and powercord nerd and base stats nerf
Asura.Ludoggy said: »

c
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-18 16:32:48  
I enjoyed spamming Jayce's gate anytime it was up in order to move around the map, the cost was so low that it would be refunded by the time it is up again, even at level 1 :/

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

and why remove the debuff completely on ez's essence flux? D: it was nice to have
I'll wait to see numbers before crying for his hammer. Though, this annoys me as it's my primary tool for defending against a gank or simply fighting 1 on 1 against things like Xin and Rengar (which I usually lose anyway).

they're saying they're bringing it in line to be a defensive move. it was too powerful and people were using it for offense.
 Asura.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-18 16:45:15  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

they're saying they're bringing it in line to be a defensive move. it was too powerful and people were using it for offense.

i mainly used it for defense

and setting up ganks

and winning trades

and one shotting ADs
By Avitori 2012-10-18 16:54:45  
yay got my honor ribbon

I want one :(
By Avitori 2012-10-18 18:35:11  
new map?!
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-10-18 18:37:26  
remade map.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-18 19:41:00  
why the hell do people troll in ranked?
By volkom 2012-10-18 19:45:00  
why not troll in rank?
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-10-18 20:06:46  
because playing teemo in ranked is op bro
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-18 21:00:23  
With no other champ do I feel such a drastic switch from terrible to op, as Vayne. I have a hard time keeping up, get focused and die, and can't get kills. Then suddenly, *click*, everything falls into place and legit quadra. All the time.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-18 22:08:09  
why not troll in rank?

because it's ranked

I'd rather not have someone ruin my chances of winning a game
 Sylph.Nephriel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-10-18 22:12:38  
why not troll in rank?

because it's ranked

Not that I endorse trolling ranked but that is exactly why people troll ranked <.< It means something more to lose.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-18 22:18:42  
Sylph.Nephriel said: »
why not troll in rank?

because it's ranked

Not that I endorse trolling ranked but that is exactly why people troll ranked <.< It means something more to lose.

well I understand the logic

I just wish that Riot would actually do something about trolls
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-18 22:47:34  
Pretty sure they take actions against trolls in general but much like for all online games, there are a few steps to go through before getting someone banned.

Also, it's way too easy to make smurf accounts just to troll ranked, imo. If some people get off doing this and only this, there is no end to their trolling and there is nothing that can realistically be done.

Ranked is flawed anyway, personnal ELO in a multiplayer game? Lolwut.
By SSJAV 2012-10-18 22:57:40  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
With no other champ do I feel such a drastic switch from terrible to op, as Vayne. I have a hard time keeping up, get focused and die, and can't get kills. Then suddenly, *click*, everything falls into place and legit quadra. All the time.
Not that I've played Rift in how long but, I love Vayne solely off the fact she has a sexy valentine's day skin. Er, I mean. dem bolts mang.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-18 23:26:14  
Pretty sure they take actions against trolls in general but much like for all online games, there are a few steps to go through before getting someone banned.

Also, it's way too easy to make smurf accounts just to troll ranked, imo. If some people get off doing this and only this, there is no end to their trolling and there is nothing that can realistically be done.

Ranked is flawed anyway, personnal ELO in a multiplayer game? Lolwut.

Yeah, ive never gotten the ELO system for solo queue either, that and the way they give you so much ELO for the first few games and less after
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-19 07:30:05  
I think that's because ELO is a system that is "supposed" to start with a set number. For example, Chess (you start with 1000-1300, PES2011 had a similar system, 600pts when starting if I remember correctly).

This kind of system only makes sense if you take away points from an opponent, not if they are made out of nowhere (for example, SFIV). The bonus points for starting must be the "minimum ELO", but if you are able to fall to 0, then there is a problem.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-19 10:05:43  
I think that's because ELO is a system that is "supposed" to start with a set number. For example, Chess (you start with 1000-1300, PES2011 had a similar system, 600pts when starting if I remember correctly).

This kind of system only makes sense if you take away points from an opponent, not if they are made out of nowhere (for example, SFIV). The bonus points for starting must be the "minimum ELO", but if you are able to fall to 0, then there is a problem.

yeah, but then you get problems like SilSol and its hard for them to actually hit the ELO they deserve to be at
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-19 10:39:56  
Well, I have no idea how the ELO is calculated in this game, but if the ELO system wants to reflect one's worth, it has to be based on personnal stats, making a win or loss absolutely worthless.

Say, you end up a match farming 30k gold, 30/0/25, destroyed 5 turret yet, you lose the match. Doesn't matter, you should get a lots of points, way more than an opponent who ended 0/8/3 and farmed 7k gold while destroying 0 turret. At best, the win should give a slight point bonus, but that's it.

This is how you ELO in a FFA game.

Now, if you only win ELO when you win and it doesn't take into consideration what I listed, it's a flawed system.

Back in the days for CS 1.6, we had French ladders which were based on your performance on random FFA servers. It never took into consideration your wins, ever. It only ever took into consideration your K/D ratio. And trust me, the players in the top 20 were all sponsorised players, so it made sense.

Note that this only works regarding solo queue, in team queue having a win based ELO makes sense.

At this point, I'm starting to believe that having 2k ELO in solo queue is like having 10 Empyreans on FFXI.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Shadowa
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Monstar
By Carbuncle.Shadowa 2012-10-19 11:10:53  
Well, I have no idea how the ELO is calculated in this game, but if the ELO system wants to reflect one's worth, it has to be based on personnal stats, making a win or loss absolutely worthless.

Say, you end up a match farming 30k gold, 30/0/25, destroyed 5 turret yet, you lose the match. Doesn't matter, you should get a lots of points, way more than an opponent who ended 0/8/3 and farmed 7k gold while destroying 0 turret. At best, the win should give a slight point bonus, but that's it.

This is how you ELO in a FFA game.

Now, if you only win ELO when you win and it doesn't take into consideration what I listed, it's a flawed system.

Back in the days for CS 1.6, we had French ladders which were based on your performance on random FFA servers. It never took into consideration your wins, ever. It only ever took into consideration your K/D ratio. And trust me, the players in the top 20 were all sponsorised players, so it made sense.

Note that this only works regarding solo queue, in team queue having a win based ELO makes sense.

At this point, I'm starting to believe that having 2k ELO in solo queue is like having 10 Empyreans on FFXI.

The ELO system works off the Law of Averages, the more games you play the less of a ELO swing each game has. You start ranked through your "qualifying matches" for your initial placement and from there you have huge swings of ELO depending on winning and losing +/- 25 points. As you play more ranked games it slowly diminishes to +/- ~7. The large swing is to reinforce the "qualifying" since you just started ranked. This is to prevent smurfs from destroying the ELO system by getting them up as quickly as possible. It can't hurt a person who gets carried for a few games because they will eventually fall back to their "true ELO".

The ELO system does reflect one's worth here because if you are good, you can pretty much carry your team to a certain extent. The more you can carry, and the easier you make it easier for you team to win, the higher your effective ELO becomes.

Also I don't really consider KDA to be too important in the game. There are a lot of external factors to this game which makes a person good such as: Baron steals, clutch Ults, good calls, ect. These could never be measured in numerical terms.

On a side note this is a response to your 2k+ ELO, its a year old but I'm sure it still applies:

"Platinum (Top 0.2%) - 1900 and above (3v3: 1700+, pre-made 5v5: 1750+)
Gold (Top 3%) - Between 1520 and 1899 (3v3: 1490-1699, pre-made 5v5: 1500-1749)
Silver (Top 10%) - Between 1400 and 1519 (3v3: 1410-1489, pre-made 5v5: 1410-1499)
Bronze (Top 25%) - Between 1249 and 1399 (3v3: 1249-1409, pre-made 5v5: 1249-1409)"

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1143351
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-19 11:24:29  
SilSol is 2.8k ELO and gets carried every game (an example of someone not falling to their "true ELO")

and I just don't like the ELO system because I started ranked when I shouldn't have

If I waited I'd have been a higher ELO right now

which is why I think a W/L system would be better >.>

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-19 11:53:12  
When did he sell it? Because that account is still up there running heal ignite

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-19 12:02:35  
well, like i said, still at that ELO running Heal/Ignite, getting carried

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-19 12:05:56  
and anyways, I thought SilSol always sucked at the game, so why does it matter?
First Page 2 3 ... 304 305 306 ... 577 578 579