Imperial Wootz Ingot And The Japanese Way.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Imperial Wootz Ingot and the japanese way.
Imperial Wootz Ingot and the japanese way.
By Chamuzi 2010-08-14 02:30:38  
I've got your answer...
Speaking from a smithing view as well
whatcha gotta do is jack up the prices for the stuff
people are too lazy to make
that way people get used to paying more
i.e the appropriate market price instead
w/e the going rate is.
Price adjustments have to start at the bottom but
in regards to the imp. wootz. sometimes you gotta bite
the bullet and apply your smithing more creatively.
Additionally that previous post is correct, increase demand
by that much its going to hurt crafters.
Practical application: No one makes Kampf gear anymore bec.
the prices stink. So i make em and post em for 10k more each time. Since my bankroll is decent who gives a crap if it comes back just get your price and roll with it
Thats how the FF economy expanded when the servers were going well
By moveZig1 2010-09-10 23:45:58  
Welcome to the crafting. You get no sympathy from me.

No other craft type but Smithing had anything even close to a 95-100 craft that you can even consider breaking even. That's how it works. You want your 100, you pay for it.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-10 23:54:54  
Get ready to eat some losses soon on this synth. People aren't going to be buying nearly as many ingots for Salvage bodies with AF3 out and the hands/body around the corner.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-11 00:18:31  
This is gonna piss people off but many Japanese in this game don't have much common sense. Most I see are gimp as hell and at the same time very rude lol. (Goes for anyone but it just stands out to me also with the JP only ***for Abyssea... F*cking HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE)

While some I can deal with, some are friendly. Maybe I just sound biased but I don't really respect them unless they prove that they aren't total jack *** or gimps using ***like Psilos mantles at level 80. Atleast on my server idiocy runs rampant late at night.

More or less it looks like this

Level80 SAM

Shinsoku, Sword Strap,____, Bibiki Seashell
Askar,Chiv,Mineut, Fowling
Askar,Perle,Ruby Ring,Spinel Ring
Psilos Mantle, Warwolf Belt,Askar

Like *** full timed, for some WARs it gets worse like say they own an Adaberk but rock psilos mantle and some ***like Maneater/Juggernaut with a Beastly Earring.

What the *** would some noobs care about when it comes to crafting profits <_<

Most of the good old school JPs are gone.

[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-11 00:28:10  
Skarwind, you are technically correct, many JP in this game are dumbasses. But you make it sound like they're alone in this... There are just as many players from NA/EU/Wherever that are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in the same way. I'm damn sure just as many NA are NA onry and wouldn't invite JP or other non-English speaking players into their abyssea shell or w/e.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-11 00:32:11  
Odin.Blazza said:
Skarwind, you are technically correct, many JP in this game are dumbasses. But you make it sound like they're alone in this... There are just as many players from NA/EU/Wherever that are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in the same way. I'm damn sure just as many NA are NA onry and wouldn't invite JP or other non-English speaking players into their abyssea shell or w/e.

I would not be like that jp players always invited me to party and I always invited them, I am ok with international relationships. One more thing just because I am American does not mean my parents were born here, mines were born in another country, yet I always get hit with American stigma, but being raised by parents from another country, is different than being raised by parents who were born American, just do you know ^^b.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-11 00:41:49  
Did I say "all NA are douchebags"? No? That's what I thought.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-11 00:45:51  
Odin.Blazza said:
Did I say "all NA are douchebags"? No? That's what I thought.

;O /hugs

I miss my arguments with you Blazza, :P.
By Lynxblade 2010-09-11 00:49:41  
Salvage gear sux now anyways, prolly why ingots arent selling >_>
 Titan.Radatz
サーバ: Titan
user: Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2010-09-11 01:04:23  
Thats sad... you know what makes me sad?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-11 01:11:02  
Lynxblade said:
It doesn't suck, salvage gear is still very good. It's just beaten by some other stuff <_< And beaten badly >_>

Having said that though, AF3 feet beat the ***out of morrigan's slops for my rdm, but not for my blu, AF3 legs beat the ***out of morrigan's slops for rdm nukes, but not for rdm MND enfeebles. etc. etc.

But yes, salvage got shat on with this update pretty hard. I've been doing it for like, 2 years and have 2.5 pieces...
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-11 01:11:22  
Remove the / from the first [youtube].
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-11 01:11:38  
Titan.Radatz said:

[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-11 01:13:14  
I love that commercial. I laughed heartily when I first seen it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-11 01:14:43  
Sylph.Oddin said:
I love that commercial. I laughed heartily when I first seen it.

Just depresses me I might be disqualified from enlisting, I find out whats up in October when I go back to MEPS.
 Titan.Radatz
サーバ: Titan
user: Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2010-09-11 01:20:23  
Btw blazza thank you for fixing that for me XD
By Lynxblade 2010-09-11 01:55:45  
Odin.Blazza said:
Lynxblade said:
It doesn't suck, salvage gear is still very good. It's just beaten by some other stuff <_< And beaten badly >_> Having said that though, AF3 feet beat the ***out of morrigan's slops for my rdm, but not for my blu, AF3 legs beat the ***out of morrigan's slops for rdm nukes, but not for rdm MND enfeebles. etc. etc. But yes, salvage got shat on with this update pretty hard. I've been doing it for like, 2 years and have 2.5 pieces...
K leme rephrase, salvage body pieces suck now
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-11 02:32:37  
My.FB.Quote said:
‎"To bring peace and order to this world, every American should try to remember how to forgive. We found the men, they have been executed, no more violence. Further provocation will result in more death. I am not an American, but I prefer peace and life over war and death."
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-11 02:35:52  
i sell my ***for whatever price i please. don't care about other ppl for that. if want profit sure i try to get along the "normal" price in item-sell-history. But People /tell at me for making a certain thing too cheap? *** that! My item to sell my price to choose, that simple.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-11 02:36:54  
I am just a messenger
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-11 03:48:53  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I am just a messenger

And an idiot stating the obvious, also derailing threads over this ***is stupid.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-11 08:34:09  
Chamuzi said:
I've got your answer... Speaking from a smithing view as well whatcha gotta do is jack up the prices for the stuff people are too lazy to make that way people get used to paying more i.e the appropriate market price instead w/e the going rate is. Price adjustments have to start at the bottom but in regards to the imp. wootz. sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and apply your smithing more creatively. Additionally that previous post is correct, increase demand by that much its going to hurt crafters. Practical application: No one makes Kampf gear anymore bec. the prices stink. So i make em and post em for 10k more each time. Since my bankroll is decent who gives a crap if it comes back just get your price and roll with it Thats how the FF economy expanded when the servers were going well

Not going to work. Look OP..
1. less and less people are wanting salvage bodies, due to the new gear options that are coming out. (another refresh body for RDM, an extremely high attack and STR body for some DD jobs, and whatever AF3+2 bodies might be bringing)
2. more and more people have already obtained salvage bodies
3. Mog Bonanza surged the amount of supply, causing the demand to drop
4. ANNM, and now even Abyssea will drop them without needing a crafter

Looking at this, the price would never stay the same, and much much less ever increase. You would have done well to sell them the moment you finished crafting instead of hoarding them in hopes of the price to increase. Now you've lost money on your synths and have wasted your time.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-09-11 09:07:30  
OP

Elemental Staves say hi....

cry moar please.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-12 02:49:32  
So with a ton of top notch gear being dropped from NM's and nothing really crafted has SE kicked crafting and gil to the curb in FFXI?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-12 03:02:22  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
My.FB.Quote said:
‎"To bring peace and order to this world, every American should try to remember how to forgive. We found the men, they have been executed, no more violence. Further provocation will result in more death. I am not an American, but I prefer peace and life over war and death."

you were not at 9/11 or witnessed it some people can not let it go read my posts in that thread you made... please.
[+]
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-12 03:04:23  
aren't there still those +6 stat rings that are crafted and the +2/3 stat earrings.

Id also imagine more of those in the future.

Kinda silly to say crafting is done.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-09-12 08:35:20  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
This is gonna piss people off but many Japanese in this game don't have much common sense. Most I see are gimp as hell and at the same time very rude lol. (Goes for anyone but it just stands out to me also with the JP only ***for Abyssea... F*cking HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE)

While some I can deal with, some are friendly. Maybe I just sound biased but I don't really respect them unless they prove that they aren't total jack *** or gimps using ***like Psilos mantles at level 80. Atleast on my server idiocy runs rampant late at night.

More or less it looks like this

Level80 SAM

Shinsoku, Sword Strap,____, Bibiki Seashell
Askar,Chiv,Mineut, Fowling
Askar,Perle,Ruby Ring,Spinel Ring
Psilos Mantle, Warwolf Belt,Askar

Like *** full timed, for some WARs it gets worse like say they own an Adaberk but rock psilos mantle and some ***like Maneater/Juggernaut with a Beastly Earring.

What the *** would some noobs care about when it comes to crafting profits <_<

Most of the good old school JPs are gone.

Weird, most of the JPs I've met on my server has better gear than average NA players, and they do gear swaps. They also do events more efficiently, and their Abyssea EXP pts are more successful than NA pts. Some of the most successful EXP and Abyssea EXP pts I've done are all JP pts.

As for JP only, yeah, I admit this can be a bit annoying. However, some events(including Abyssea EXP) in this game needs communication, if they can't speak English it gets harder to complete, therefore JP only is understandable. You can use tab keys for auto-translate, but it sucked.

Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-13 07:39:32  
Lol so
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
aren't there still those +6 stat rings that are crafted and the +2/3 stat earrings. Id also imagine more of those in the future. Kinda silly to say crafting is done.

Lol ok...sorry goldsmithing might have a couple of synths. Smithing most certainly is dead.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
By daisythunder 2010-11-28 16:40:18  
Jul. 15, 2009 Hardwood Syril 12,000,000
Oct. 16, 2010 Hardwood Fellia 3,800,000
Oct. 14, 2010 Hardwood Yunya 3,600,000
Oct. 27, 2010 Hardwood Maximum 3,600,000
Oct. 25, 2010 Hardwood Kototuki 3,600,000
Oct. 25, 2010 Hardwood Pidant 3,600,000
Nov. 3, 2010 Hardwood Aere 3,600,000
Nov. 6, 2010 Hardwood Miurin 3,600,002
Nov. 9, 2010 Hillz Hattie 3,500,000
Nov. 16, 2010 Hillz Ecol 2,300,001

Unicorn recent stacks... ahhhh i see..
and the average single ingot price is 245,000.
2,940,000 on unicorn..
why in the world would you ever craft these ingots when you can simply buy a dozen singles and resell them for 700,000 more.

your the biggest seller of ingots on unicorn.. gimme a sec.. to choke then come up with a solution..

Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-28 16:41:20  
daisythunder said:
Jul. 15, 2009 Hardwood Syril 12,000,000
Oct. 16, 2010 Hardwood Fellia 3,800,000
Oct. 14, 2010 Hardwood Yunya 3,600,000
Oct. 27, 2010 Hardwood Maximum 3,600,000
Oct. 25, 2010 Hardwood Kototuki 3,600,000
Oct. 25, 2010 Hardwood Pidant 3,600,000
Nov. 3, 2010 Hardwood Aere 3,600,000
Nov. 6, 2010 Hardwood Miurin 3,600,002
Nov. 9, 2010 Hillz Hattie 3,500,000
Nov. 16, 2010 Hillz Ecol 2,300,001

Unicorn recent stacks... ahhhh i see..
and the average single ingot price is 245,000.
2,940,000 on unicorn..
why in the world would you ever craft these ingots when you can simply buy a dozen singles and resell them for 700,000 more.

your the biggest seller of ingots on unicorn.. gimme a sec.. to choke then come up with a solution..

10 sales in over a year, looks like a great way to make money
[+]