Dancer Gear Suggestions Please!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer gear suggestions please!
Dancer gear suggestions please!
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-09 16:48:21  
I am currently a level 61 DNC/NIN, having tons of fun with the job, easily my favorite out of all of them! That being said, I am looking for any gear suggestions for an Elvaan DNC at this level...here's what I'm wearing atm:

Weapon: Bone Knife +1 (x2)
Ammo: Smart Grenade
Head: Dancer's Tiara
Neck: Spike Necklace
Earring 1: Harvest Earring
Earring 2: Beetle Earring
Body: Scorpion Harness
Hands: Dancer's Bangles
Rings: Flourite Ring (x2)
Back: Nomad's Mantle
Waist: Royal Knight's Belt
Legs: Dancer's Tights
Feet: Dancer's Toe Shoes

Ok, I've been trying to stack as much DEX and accuracy as I can, since as an Elvaan I needs moar dex. I've also been looking to pick up Spectacles to replace the Spike Necklace (posted another thread on that debacle) and should be buying a Life Belt off of another LS member here in the next few days to replace Royal Knights Belt.

Given that info, any decent pieces of gear I can look into getting for a decent price (like 50k-75k)? Or any obvious improvements anyone can think of? I've gotten suggestions from LS members for gear that's a fortune, but I'm kinda poor atm so need to get the most bang for my buck.

Thanks for any suggestions!
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-10 18:51:49  
Well around that level i stopped tanking so -evasion doesn't matter nor does -defense. If you do rip hate you should be able to use your shadows effectively enough by now to survive. Id suggest Sniper rings. you do get acc bonus, but your dagger skill rating is B+. Id suggest trying for a Swift Belt if you can manage to get some people together. Amemet or Amemet+1. Merman's Earrings once your 63. My thief maxed dagger merits and with my mad acc/haste gear i still don't cap on colibri burn parties with meat dishes.

I don't play anymore. And i stopped dancer b4 i even quit the game but, the route i went was pure TP build based off my thief. Priorities would be gaining as much TP as fast as possible doing the most dmg per hit as possible without taking any damage at all. the difference is Dancer can either be offensive or defensive. I liked playing defensively more than offensively i found that my dmg output was not worth the support abilities i could provide my party with.

Honestly only you know your character the best. Only you know what your capable of. My best advice to anyone for any job is do what YOU want. Not what some elitist HNMLS, Abj. selling hypocritical no life camp aspid/fafhog/behe all day and night loser/losers tell you to wear, or what some random dude in White-gate tells you to wear. You are the one paying the monthly fee NOT them.

Most of all have fun d=
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-10 18:55:54  
Malicfayt said:

Not what some elitist HNMLS, Abj. selling hypocritical no life camp aspid/fafhog/behe all day and night loser/losers tell you to wear, or what some random dude in White-gate tells you to wear.

LMAO love how you kept going ^^
 Ramuh.Jackel
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-01-10 21:47:12  
Chiv Chain
Amemet Mantle (+1)
CoP/ToAU Ring (If melee is your focus)
Life/Swift Belt
Emp Hairpin

I know you said 50-75k. Most of this stuff is simply Rare/Ex/Reward stuff.

Something I use as a nice reference.

http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-11 16:03:09  
Thanks for the suggestions. I got the Life Belt yesterday, so that's covered, and the NQ Amemet Mantle (can't afford the +1 atm) will definitely be purchased when I log on later today, so that'll be covered, too. Snipers Rings are waaay out of my budget at this point, unfortunately, but my LS is going to be doing some BCNM runs (I still need Utsusemi: Ni) in the near future so hopefully I'll make some money and be able to pick up at least one if not two. Chivalrous Chain falls into that same category as well, unfortunately, but hope to get one ASAP.

As for how I play, I primarily trio/4-man with friends, and I'm always main healing, so I obviously play defensively most of the time and hoard TP. The only time I really have hate nowadays is when our THF SATA-Dancing Edge on me before skillchaining with our RNG, which of course pulls hate right back off of me, so +eva is prolly unnecessary. Unless it's that 1 in a 100 time that the RNG misses, then I get to cure bomb myself and hopefully not die lol...

As for Empress Hairpin, I dunno, I must have a hidden LUCK -1000 stat, because everytime I've camped VE he never pops, or there's like 10 other people camping that claim b4 me. THF friend went out there for literally 10 minutes and got it. So that's still a work in progress... ^^

With most jobs it's pretty easy to get suggestions on gear from LS members and in-game friends, but I think I'm actually the only person in my circle that's actually leveled DNC beyond 37...and the gear guide on the clopedia is like on the hardcore "I have 10 billion gil/done every mission in the game/have 18 75's" end so that's kinda useless to poor old me lol. I'm still working on trying to get the Promy's done, it's like impossible finding people that haven't already done them all...
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-11 17:13:10  
I'd look into Ecphoria Ring (About 40k on my server, not too hard to camp) as a replacement for a Fluorite.
 Ramuh.Jackel
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-01-11 19:24:32  
Well, you have a good head on your shoulders and you aren't afraid to ask for help. I'd say those are two very good qualities to have after an MMO has been out this long. Don't let gear hold you back. Do what you can with what you can afford, Skill will always trump the gear.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-12 13:05:24  
Jackel said:
Well, you have a good head on your shoulders and you aren't afraid to ask for help. I'd say those are two very good qualities to have after an MMO has been out this long. Don't let gear hold you back. Do what you can with what you can afford, Skill will always trump the gear.

Thank you! I like to think I do the best I can with what I have...

I can't wait until I get DNC to 75. It will be my first 75, and I'm excited to start meriting the hell out of it ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-12 13:14:57  
Looks like ya have a good setup and a great understanding of what you need as far as gear goes. You can look at things more 'by the numbers' if you want, but...
I'd probably say keep just enough ACC gear/food to make the mobs at least not high evasion, if not low evasion since Dancer is a job that lives by its TP gain.

After that, start piling on Haste where you can. First thing you can get is the JSE from Phomiuna Aqueducts, Rapparee Harness. Phomiuna is right after promies btw.

And I sure wouldn't mind helping you out with promies and then some Phomiuna Aqueducts farming (the sub you need for Rapparee can be farmed in the easy camp there), one of my friends needs all of the promies at the moment and we have several Smn/Blu for easy wins. =)
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-12 13:44:26  
Tbest said:
...I sure wouldn't mind helping you out with promies and then some Phomiuna Aqueducts farming (the sub you need for Rapparee can be farmed in the easy camp there), one of my friends needs all of the promies at the moment and we have several Smn/Blu for easy wins. =)

Thanks for the suggestions, and for the offer! In our little LS there's two of us that haven't done any of them (me and my THF friend). We attempted a few times in a random pick up party that was shouting for them, but our party set up was just horrible so we bit it...(I was DNC for those runs, and I've decided that DNC is useless in promies, but I have a few other jobs to 30 available). The plus side is I have a bunch of the memories (or whatever they're called) and some animas all ready to go next time we attempt, and I'm pretty sure the THF does as well.

I'll pass it along to my boy later tonight, and we'll see when we'd be available to team up and get it done. I'll shoot you a PM and let you know availability and such ASAP, it would be AWESOME if we could get these done, as we're keen to get into to COP areas and poke around :)
 Asura.Orimi
サーバ: Asura
user: Orimi
By Asura.Orimi 2009-01-12 13:59:33  
Cobra Unit Armor - mittens,leggings, and subligar.(Lvl.68)
The Cobra Unit Knife is a nice off hand dagger too. (lvl.71)

Bibiki Bay Shell is nice option also,the extra VIT boosts the potency of your cures on yourself.
I use the shell most of the time when i'm soloing or I'll use my AF throwing weapon for the extra CHR.

Before I get ahead of myself I think @ your lvl before I hit 68 I used

Empress Hairpin
Chivalrous Chain
Spike Earrings x2
Scorpion Harness
Tabin Bracers +1
Rajas + Snipers Ring
Amemet Mantle +1
Swift Belt
Dancer Tights
Tabin Boots +1

Hope that helps...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-12 14:40:19  
Orimi said:
Cobra Unit Armor - mittens,leggings, and subligar.(Lvl.68)
The Cobra Unit Knife is a nice off hand dagger too. (lvl.71)

Bibiki Bay Shell is nice option also,the extra VIT boosts the potency of your cures on yourself.
I use the shell most of the time when i'm soloing or I'll use my AF throwing weapon for the extra CHR.

An LS member actually suggested the Cobra stuff to me as well, unfortunately got A LOT of work to do with Campaign and such before I can even touch that stuff, although that set IS one of my ultimate goals. VERY pimp set for DNC, in my limited opinion ^^

I picked up an NQ Amemet Mantle yesterday, +1 is a little out of my price range, but as I come into some gil I'll upgrade that obviously. Empress Hairpin is a current goal of mine, posted previously about my terrible luck with that particular piece lol.

As for the AF weapon, I rolled with that until I got the Smart Grenade, but I didn't really notice too much of a difference in my cures with the extra 3 charisma, and I figured the hidden latent Attack +4 of the smart grenade would be more useful. However, I'll do some hard testing tonight if I can, I'm curious now :)

Thanks for the other suggestions as well, I'm making a list of all the stuff everyone is suggesting and comparing and picking stuff up as I can. Luckily as Elvaan I'm decent in CHR and STR, but my dex and accuracy leaves something to be desired; I haven't been having too many problems missing on Lesser Colibri and bats lately, although missing my steps is driving me up a wall lol
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-13 17:22:37  
Jackel said:
Don't let gear hold you back. Do what you can with what you can afford, Skill will always trump the gear.

Most definitely argeed. People talk! Gear does play a role and it helps, but the backbone of every job is the player. People notice when you rock lol
 Bismarck.Renowaik
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Renowaik 2009-01-13 17:56:28  
Quote:
Quote:
Don't let gear hold you back. Do what you can with what you can afford, Skill will always trump the gear.

Most definitely argeed. People talk! Gear does play a role and it helps, but the backbone of every job is the player. People notice when you rock lol

Though I agree with skill trumping gear, coupled with the fact that dancer isn't expected to put out huge numbers, I still think you have to draw the line somewhere. With dancer, accuracy/haste is everything. You can know everything there is to know about the job, but if you're spending your TP faster than you're getting it, you need to reconsider your gear/food.

This isnt directed at the OP, just a generalization.