users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Cruor farming
Cruor farming
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-08 00:29:52  
Hello all!

So far, Abyssea seems like a lot of fun, and offers a variety of different endgame objectives.
I've done about a half-dozen runs and the groups I've gone with mainly have focused on NMs.

But I've been reading about other groups that have focused on EXP/Cruor farming, and seen claims of some really high numbers of EXP/Cruor earned.

I'm hoping folks will share their experiences with Cruor farming in this thread. What zone/mobs did you get the best results from? Did you do best with a party, 12-man, or full alliance? What job(s) seemed to do best in your experiences? What, if anything, does the player's body emitting colored lights do?

Thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-08 04:15:12  
Full alliance

La theine- Go after the pixies and pop the NM. It's squishy.

Tahrongi- Mandies(pachypodiums) are squishy and the mandy NM drop the thew bomblet and he's pretty squishy too with a full alliance.

Great thing about abyssea is every job is pretty good in there when you're just farming. Everytime I've gone we've had DNCs main healing while the mages pop the chests. (DNCs were 78+ for divine waltz II). Everything seams to have potent AOE's for some reason.

As for the light thing, I've heard that it increases the amount of cruor you get to it is just telling you how much time you have left in the zone. IDK which.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-07-08 04:17:21  
Asura.Tristean said:
Full alliance
La theine- Go after the pixies and pop the NM. It's squishy.

Full of win. Just over 2k in an hour session, and this was with like 9 people. Could probably hit *close* to 4k an hour if you played your cards right.

Also if you open the blue chests sometimes they give exp or a decent amount of cruor, which is a nice bonus.
By Rieekil 2010-07-08 04:21:08  
full alliance in 90 min +4k cruor nd +30k exp :)

after while of killing the same type of mob u will notice exp increase
@ the last 30 min for full alliance the exp was +400 a kill :D

GL
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-08 04:21:45  
I went with a pick up party we ended up having 12 people..

we got 3k fairly easily by crushing the Coeurls in Tahrongi Canyon.. on top of that bhute runs past which is titans weaker regjected brother who can be solo'd by pretty much anyone with a nice exp/cruor bonus.

we didnt even have a pld.. well we did for the NM mandy.. but yeh.. he decided to go after one pop
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-08 04:36:31  
hey rinky... how much exp/cruor did mr. titan's lamo brother drop?
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2010-07-08 04:43:32  
full alliance burn. of course you have to go heavy on DD but then it's the paradise. 2 TP burn and 1 party for blms and such.
dont switch mob familly or you'll screw the "chain", keep doing only the same mob and you'll easily get a 120k in 3hours and about 20k+ curor.

that includes the chest of course.

it's slow at first but it slowly build up and mobs that are yielding 100 xp at the start will end up yielding 350 xp after a good 2h. the last hours being the most efficient xp/time wise.

with a full alliance, mobs are dieing under 15-20 sec, have 1-3 pullers depeding on how good you are.

last night LS members were up to 600 xp a mob.. in chain. i let you imagine how nice it was, and add about 50k cruor total. and if the one or two ppl (from the less active party) arnt noobs you'll get most of the relevant chest opened which will give you more time than you can spend. i.e. you enter with 120 min you exit and you have more than 120 min left even after 3+hours of farming xp/cruor.

it just beat everything xp/time wise unless you've been in an aswome merit with relic wielders and all that hit up the 30-40 or even 50k/hour mark.

also dont forget that mob's repop within 3 min.

enjoy it.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-08 04:46:50  
Asura.Tristean said:
hey rinky... how much exp/cruor did mr. titan's lamo brother drop?
we got about 50 cruor and about 200 exp but that was in a party of 12.. bout a 10/15 min respawn as well.

something like that is wasnt a massive figure for an nm but he's soooo easy

[edit] from wiki:

Gives 500-600 exp and around 100 Cruor to a party of 5 75-78s.

HE called Bhumi actually.. i didnt think Bhute sounded right when i typed it

also "drops" this sometimes