New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Magian Moogle Adventures™
Dragoon Magian Moogle Adventures™
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-07 17:00:38  
Thread dedicated to sharing thoughts and ideas on everyone's Magian weapon upgrades.

As I consider myself a career DRG I'm having a hard time deciding what I should make. I might work on multiple. Any thoughts?

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-07 17:41:48  
bump
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-07 17:44:18  
Currently according to my math, the OaT Polearm is better than the high DMG one, noticeably (and easier to upgrade). I haven't really analyzed the sTP one fully but it would require a 5hit to really do well (basically Aurum Cuirass or a load of new drops required).
 Phoenix.Zeotah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-07-08 11:25:27  
I wouldn't count out the elemental path polearms (mainly the STR+ and defense down variations). Still solid choices in their own rights if you don't feel like waiting 20 years for NM drops in the final phases.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-08 17:52:56  
Phoenix.Zeotah said:
I wouldn't count out the elemental path polearms (mainly the STR and defense down variations). Still solid choices in their own rights if you don't feel like waiting 20 years for NM drops in the final phases.
Does the DEF down stack with Angon or do they overwrite each other? This is important as I use Angon every time it is up.
By Raldo 2010-07-08 18:08:09  
This is an assumption, however, since Acid Bolt DEF down doesn't stack with Angon, I would assume that the DEF down polearm would not stack. Perhaps you could do the EVA down one instead.
 Alexander.Almostunsane
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-07-08 19:39:34  
The stribog's effect does not stack with Angon, does not overwrite and is not overwritten by. (Using Angon while the Stribog effect is in play will "have no effect").