users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Trial 33 - Qutrubs
Trial 33 - Qutrubs
 Sylph.Kalidor
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kalidor76
By Sylph.Kalidor 2010-07-06 17:01:39  

Anyone working on this? Doesn't look like can get thunder weather in Arrapago Reef, so guess its only Lightningsday.

I haven't scouted it out at all but will be doing so tonight.

Quickening is my character trying to complete this. I'll prolly end up camping her out at Arrapago Reef and play on Kalidor until the right day. So send me a /tell in game or post on here if you want to team up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Selim
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wanderer
By Quetzalcoatl.Selim 2010-07-06 17:11:08  
Did this trial for my thief and I found Ilrusi Atoll has a plethora of Qutrub on the same map the Staging Point is on. You can try shouting for members a day prior to Thunderday (Lightning weather is scarce or nonexistent there from my experience) and then go to town and wtfown them. There's also the mire but I've no idea where exactly, just watched from my brother's PC. I think its Dvucca Isle, not entirely sure but you can find Lightning weather there. I'd recommend that you go there for weather kills guaranteed. Good luck to you on completing your Dakini! Just don't give up, it can be a pain in the *** sometimes.
 Sylph.Kalidor
By Sylph.Kalidor 2010-07-06 17:19:36  

Oh cool, didn't realize could find them in Caedarva also. Thx for the heads up there. Are the mobs soloable as 75 THF? Level wise looks like could solo them in Arrapago, but not in Caedarva.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-07-06 17:33:12  
You could solo Qutrubs, but it's risky and time-intensive. They have two TP moves in Hex Palm and Spinal Cleave that bypass Utsusemi. The BLM Qutrubs repeatedly cast Ice Spikes and will cast Tier3 -ga spells. Since they're undead mobs, you cannot heal back HP with Bloody Bolts or Drain Samba (if /DNC). I soloed these mobs for the Odin Prime quest, but I only had to kill 1 or 2 of them to get the drop. I can't imagine killing very many of them solo within the space of one game day.

For this trial, I just ran out to Arrapago Reef via Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point and teamed up with whoever happened to be out there. Even a party of 5 THFs and DNCs could manage 40ish Qutrub kills in one game day. If you find yourself in a small alliance, it's not unreasonable to kill 55-70 Qutrubs in a day.
 Sylph.Kalidor
By Sylph.Kalidor 2010-07-06 17:38:55  
Cool, thanks for the helpful responses. I'm gonna head to to Ilrusi tonight and hang out, see if can find some ppl to help on lightningsday. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Selim
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wanderer
By Quetzalcoatl.Selim 2010-07-06 21:31:31  
Sylph.Kalidor said:
Cool, thanks for the helpful responses. I'm gonna head to to Ilrusi tonight and hang out, see if can find some ppl to help on lightningsday. :)

Good luck! And I also find that if you're on during JP prime time (8 AM EST-12 PM EST) they literally get 18 people and massacre the zone. Happy hunting!