Argus Static?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Argus static?
Argus static?
 Cerberus.Aydogan
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2009-01-07 16:44:33  
anyone interested in a Peacock Amulet static party? shoot me a /t in game if so.
 Diabolos.Pray
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Jahaudant
By Diabolos.Pray 2009-01-07 17:20:31  
Because Argus is that hard?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-07 17:57:35  
He was easy and fun to kill. I got mine bymself. Was at the right place wrong time.. I was alone, I saw him Questioned what it was at first, a named mob?? I pwned it.. and he dropped my Peacock Amulet.

Case Closed.
 Cerberus.Orphanos
user:
By Cerberus.Orphanos 2009-01-07 18:27:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

lol..I got mine took me 2 hard months..after you get yours you will not want to go back lol..Go camp ka instead ;) get a v belt like me
 Hades.Ganesha
サーバ: Hades
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-01-07 19:42:02  
lol.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-01-07 21:19:26  
Pray said:
Because Argus is that hard?

... funny guy

Maybe because the window is very long and if you team up with some people you can keep track of pop/ToD more easily?

But camping Argus is one of the most painful thing you can do in this game so you might lose your partner(s) if they get the amulet before you.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-01-07 22:26:30  
Argus pops in Nyzule Isle too though >.> so OP might be asking ppl to static floors he can pop on?
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2009-01-08 12:19:58  
you're right, Pray, Argus isn't hard, but like Liquidz said, his window is a ***. just seeing if there are any other people honest enough that would be willing to stick it out with me for the Amulet, since the team route may be a bit easier. and i have yet to get lucky like Neonracer and just be at the right place at the right time, and i'm certainly not counting on that luck kicking in anytime soon. anyway, shoot me a /t in game yada yada yada...

as for Nyzul Isle, that'd be a good option if i were in a LS that consistently did runs. until then...

and Orphanos, we've talked before in game as i was drooling over your Amulet/Belt and i think getting the Velocious Belt would be more of a challenge than the Peacock Amulet. i was hoping to maybe recruit a couple of people that would be willing to camp some NMs with me. worth a shot.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-08 12:48:27  
Ayodogan, I was with a pal of mine dualing theives in Newton Movaopulous on the Goblin's Pet for dualing.. and when I was done, I got a Tele to Mea and then went to Maze of Shakrami, knowing that I still needed my Hume Sachet.. from the Aroma Crawler.. Well....

... it was that weekend that I went to visit my family 1 hour away and when I came back I logged in and IDK I was signing in where the Mob rested.. so I was sitting in the Spawn area..
So here I am going to go get the Aroma Crawler.. and I /sea the area.. absolutley no one, well maybe 2 ( call me a liar but is 2 ppl + me really worth it to say ppl were here? LOL anyways...)

I just rotated my game pad to look around.. I see argus.. No one else around, I'm like WTF? whsoe that? I go to view it, Impossible to Gauge.. its a named Monster.. F it.. I go to claim it.. He goes down in like minutes b/c im lvl 71, and he drops a shitoad of stuff, Eyeballs, mercury and p charm...

Now tell me thats luck? I call it having a goddamn Shiniest, "Purdiest" Horse Shoe Up my *** that Night.

^.^b

Also I forgot to mention: BCNM runs try those on Full moon, UO Under observations. Now thats the PPC Perfect Peacock Charm.. and if you decide to sell, Net u some Nice gil in yer pocket!
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2009-01-08 13:17:42  
hahah good story, Neon. unfortunately for me i'm obsessed with the Rare/Ex items, so getting the Peacock Amulet from Argus is more about pride than anything else, which kinda sucks :)
 Hades.Dekar
user: Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-01-08 13:59:27  
i agree with aydogan i'm 2/2 on argus 1st day took 18hr's camping but i got claim and drop next day claim and drop again funny thing was i kept layin down takin naps etc and ***and i woke up and came to my computer checked and he had popped shortly after i sat down talk about uncanny timing. there's very few rare/ex items i don't unlessu talk HNM so i know how aydogan feels
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2009-01-08 14:15:22  
i better note that my request is directed to players on the Cerberus server.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Geldric
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-02-08 09:31:43  
Neonracer said:
He goes down in like minutes b/c im lvl 71, and he drops a shitoad of stuff, Eyeballs, mercury and p charm...

It took you minutes to kill Argus?

And no one is going to do an "Argus static" since one player can easily stay awake the 12hrs if they pay attention. It's even better if you can afk properly.
 Fairy.Raikan
サーバ: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-02-08 11:31:23  
Looks like you can scratch Geldric off your list ^-^

On a side note.. I just broke a Cursed Togi synth. Epic sad faced fail. ; ;
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-08 13:42:39  
12 hours? Isnt he 18-30?

And thats if the leech doesnt spawn.
 Hades.Ganesha
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-02-08 13:47:49  
I predict a "HE STOLE MY AMULET" thread soon.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-08 13:53:41

It's an interesting and certainly a considerate concept however the reality of it is, odds are the gravity of waiting in the window for others will become less and less likely especially once one has obtained their amulet, they certainly won't want to go back ever again.

Same rule applies to Eastern/Western Shadow. I think the layout of that small room of Fei'Yin is permanently engraved in my mind, and I STILL have yet to get v.bow -.-
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-02-09 15:26:10  
Raikan said:
Looks like you can scratch Geldric off your list ^-^ On a side note.. I just broke a Cursed Togi synth. Epic sad faced fail. ; ;

ursocool.

18-30 =/= a 12hr window.
It's not hard to stay up through the whole window since believe it or not people actually play for a good 12hrs at some point.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-09 15:31:36

There's a difference between actually playing for 12 hours and sitting in a remote room waiting for something to show up for 12 hours.
 Cerberus.Orphanos
user:
By Cerberus.Orphanos 2009-02-09 15:39:30

lol
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-02-09 22:24:29  
Artemicion said:
There's a difference between actually playing for 12 hours and sitting in a remote room waiting for something to show up for 12 hours.

Standing in wg not doing *** =/= remote room?
 Siren.Murdock
サーバ: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-02-09 23:24:21  
Geldric said:
Neonracer said:
He goes down in like minutes b/c im lvl 71, and he drops a shitoad of stuff, Eyeballs, mercury and p charm...
It took you minutes to kill Argus? And no one is going to do an "Argus static" since one player can easily stay awake the 12hrs if they pay attention. It's even better if you can afk properly.

sup necro-bump
 Kujata.Saiyuki
サーバ: Kujata
user: xSaiyukix
By Kujata.Saiyuki 2009-02-09 23:25:01  
ARGUSSSSSSSSSSS

HOW 2 BEAT!?
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2009-02-19 08:56:18  
Geldric said:
And no one is going to do an "Argus static" since one player can easily stay awake the 12hrs if they pay attention. It's even better if you can afk properly.

explain how you "afk properly." and the real point of having a static is so you can have a better chance of claiming Argus instead of waiting through a 12-hour window only to have him pop on the other side of the room where you have no chance.

like i initially said, i'm looking for "honest" people to help camp, meaning if i get the drop i'll help until they get the drop, no matter how shitty it might be, and vice versa. i suppose you could argue that there aren't any honest people out there, but i haven't lost all faith in that yet.
 Asura.Volition
サーバ: Asura
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-02-19 10:56:02  
I have a good story. I went to sleep AFKing at Argus camp, to possibly get a ToD. I had to wake up early and go to the bathroom (luckily I drank a few cups of tea the night before). I woke up, decided to check the PC, so I turn on the monitor, and who is sitting directly in front of me? None other than crazyeyes himself. Claim but no drop. Next day, drop. :)

Everyone thought I was afk the entire time (which I was) so they were surprised to see me claim it lol. Still, I have to collect R/eX items as well. I won't be leveling monk or RNG until I get the fei'yin NM drops. Just a weird OCD-type thing I have.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-19 11:08:00  
You do not need a static to camp argus. Tell you what .. If your on caitsith Give me some gil and Ill sit there and camp it for ya.. as long as the price is right.

There is no way you need a static... <too weak> mob guys!!!!

Cmon??? <shrugs>
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-19 11:16:23  
Neonracer said:
You do not need a static to camp argus. Tell you what .. If your on caitsith Give me some gil and Ill sit there and camp it for ya.. as long as the price is right.

There is no way you need a static... <too weak> mob guys!!!!

Cmon??? <shrugs>

/slap

Read the rest of his posts. He's not asking for help killing the mob, he's asking if people would like to team up and have more chance of a claim / drop.

Cmon???