Abyssea Problem (bug?)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea problem (bug?)
Abyssea problem (bug?)
 Sylph.Techlife
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: TechlifeB
By Sylph.Techlife 2010-07-01 04:06:40  
So idk if someone got the same problem so i just post a warning^^

I entered Abyssea to spend 3 stones (got my 90min) zoned out and zoned in again to check if i rly have the rest time aviable but i don't accepted visitant status coz i don't wanted to waste a min lol (88min left at this point)

Well after ~2hours i joined a abyssea group to use my 88min and.....

they are gone...

I needet to trade my 3 new stones to farm abit there but yea 60rl hours wasted.

i already called a GM and told him about this but he could'nt help me at all so beware
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-01 04:14:00  
Let's say you did trade your stones. Would the clock have stopped if you exited?

I was farming cruor today in abyssea and my party was getting tired of wiping. The person leading the run decided to say let's just warp out and save the last 30 minutes for another time. I thought the clock kept ticking even after you left abyssea.

So does the clock stop when you leave abyssea or does it keep ticking no matter what you do.
 Sylph.Techlife
By Sylph.Techlife 2010-07-01 04:18:30  
when u leave abyssea your rest time got saved. (usually)
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-01 04:19:52  
So I "should" be able to trade 3 stones and be able to be in there for 120 mins next time I enter.
 Sylph.Techlife
By Sylph.Techlife 2010-07-01 04:21:21  
right, that was my plan to do 2 runs in a row with a short break.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-01 04:24:30  
Not sure about 120 mins, but the clock does stop.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-01 04:51:51  
If you log out (or dc) in Abyssea, time will keep ticking, if you leave abyssea, time will stop. If you leave Abyssea with less than 5 minutes remaining, you will have to wait an hour before you can enter again, this includes if you don't get visitant status. I guess we now know that if you enter Abyseea, and leave without getting visitant status, any left over time you had will be wiped, sorry to hear that :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-01 05:55:59  
Visitant Status
The "visitant" status is essential for those wishing to journey within Abyssea. You will be permitted to remain there only while this status is active. Upon arrival in Abyssea, speak with a "Conflux Surveyor" NPC posted nearby to be granted visitant status in exchange for traverser stones. One stone will allow you a 30-minute stay (Earth time), with 120 minutes being the maximum permitted duration. Methods exist that allow players to extend their visitant duration.

*Players must acquire visitant status within five minutes (Earth time) of arriving in Abyssea. Failure to do so will result in automatic expulsion.
*Visitant duration continues to decrease even after log out. Players who log in to Abyssea when their visitant status has already worn off will find themselves instantly expelled.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5578/detail.html
 Sylph.Techlife
By Sylph.Techlife 2010-07-01 07:24:49  
Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Visitant Status
The "visitant" status is essential for those wishing to journey within Abyssea. You will be permitted to remain there only while this status is active. Upon arrival in Abyssea, speak with a "Conflux Surveyor" NPC posted nearby to be granted visitant status in exchange for traverser stones. One stone will allow you a 30-minute stay (Earth time), with 120 minutes being the maximum permitted duration. Methods exist that allow players to extend their visitant duration.

*Players must acquire visitant status within five minutes (Earth time) of arriving in Abyssea. Failure to do so will result in automatic expulsion.
*Visitant duration continues to decrease even after log out. Players who log in to Abyssea when their visitant status has already worn off will find themselves instantly expelled.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5578/detail.html

and what does this have to do with the problem i posted? ...
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-01 07:52:43  
I was thinking that too but I didn't want to say it lol. Doesnt really relate to what I was talking about either...
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-01 08:29:11  
Odin.Blazza said:
If you log out (or dc) in Abyssea, time will keep ticking, if you leave abyssea, time will stop. If you leave Abyssea with less than 5 minutes remaining, you will have to wait an hour before you can enter again, this includes if you don't get visitant status. I guess we now know that if you enter Abyseea, and leave without getting visitant status, any left over time you had will be wiped, sorry to hear that :/
I will test this to confirm today or tomorrow. I've got ~55 minutes left from my last run and I'll have 3 stones today.
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-01 12:24:57  
Sorry, I re read your point. lol

I just did this. I went on my BLM and turned my stone in for 30 mins. I warped out of the zone with 29 mins left. next day with another stone. My 29 mins are still there if I turn another stone in for more 30 mins. I will have 79 mins. Maybe you need a stone to turn in first and then your rest time will re-appear with new 30 mins. Maybe it works.
By Majae 2010-07-01 17:41:44  
Seems kinda strange.

I traded in 3 stones last night and received 90mins. I left right after trading my stones and went back to port jeuno and go 3 more stones.

When I went back to Abyssea with LS mates about 30mins later, I still had 89min remaining from the previous three stones i traded.

When you get visitant status, there are options to use up your remaining time (previously traded stones) or to trade more stones.

What option did you pick?

Lakshmi.Razius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-07-01 17:50:42  
I did this 1st day of access, pre any maintenances so maybe its changed.

Day 1: Entered (A)La Theine to see what it was like and all about. Was solo so left after 15 mins. Got my CS in jeuno and returned, had 15 mins left cool, so exited right away.

Day 2: After gettin a 2nd stone i went to (A)Konscrat and time on 1st stone had gone.

So, 2 things are possible from this.

1: Stones dont carry over zone to zone, viable as u hand in to a NPC for v/status.

or 2: Theres some sort of time limit, 12-24 r/l hrs maybe.

Or, coulda just been a bug.

By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-01 17:57:03  
Lakshmi.Razius said:

1: Stones dont carry over zone to zone, viable as u hand in to a NPC for v/status.

it is possible, but i need to test this to see its true or not.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-01 18:02:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Lakshmi.Razius said:

it is possible, but i need to test this to see its true or not.
time does carry over between zones. Monday did La Theine and then went to Tahrongi.
 Lakshmi.Razius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-07-02 02:57:23  
Hence possibles, :) But like i said in my OP, been a few maints since the 1st day of Abyssea access, prob been a few tiny changes.

Anyways ive had 3 stones for a few days now just gotta find the time and a group to head in with for some tasty cruor, omnomnom.