users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Konschtat, Flans
Abyssea - Konschtat, Flans
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-30 01:21:42  
Anyone manaburn these much at all? Just curious about how they compare to puddings in mount zhayolm. Can you gravity/bind them easy? Do Tier 4 nukes do 1400-1500+?
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-30 01:24:22  
What level are they?
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 02:10:50  
From what I've seen so far, there's no such thing as an Abyssea exp camp. Yes, you can get exp there, but I really don't think it's possible to get anywhere near rivaling any traditional camp. (and I use the term traditional loosely)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-30 02:19:18  
Abyssea for some reason, doesn't seem to scale exp as radically against an alliance as the normal game does. An alliance of 14 was getting 170 exp per kill on Rams in Abyssea-La'Theine though you cannot chain, for an alliance killing 3 mobs a minute, this is was actually quite spectacular. Including time killing new NM's, we made around 12k in 1.5hours (including a few exp chests).

Monsters also dynamically respawn. If you kill faster, they respawn faster and at higher levels. It's likely an alliance of mages could make better experience at the flans than a traditional manaburn, but there is so much not known about abyssea, I can't say for sure.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 02:20:26  
Do you know where they are at exactly? I can go try it out
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 02:21:21  
Those rams you speak of might just give bonus xp like tav rams do
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 02:30:16  
The flans are just in-front of the Dunes Zone in Konschtat, no idea on the rams, I think they're listed on one the maps in the Abyssea thread though.

Edit: I dunno about exp bonus though, exp in Abyssea is rewarded completely differently. Aside from simply not scaling the same as Zicdeh mentioned, and not chaining, it also doesn't show up as a mob kill in the windower expwatch plugin. It seems like it operates more like a drop from the mob, rather than from the actual rating of the mob.

We killed bunnies for ~20 minutes last night, they started to get pretty tough and nasty, but exp/kill only went up by an extra 10-20. Didn't really seem worth the hassle to me, but I think we got a decent amount of Cruor in the end anyway.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 02:57:38  
Goddamn that's litterally on the opposite side where you enter
 Sylph.Sukh
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sukhoruk
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-06-30 03:01:49  
A friend of mine does the puddings in the Canyon, I don't know if they're the same level. He says it's about the same exp or better than Mt. Z plus you can get cruor and exp chests.

Also, the more you kill the better the exp gets because of the way Abyssea works etc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 03:23:01  

VT to me at 76 seem to have slightly less hp than ones up on mount Z. First one dropped somethign that gives macc/matt.

With the drink I was able to kill one with just Burst II, and thunder IV and melon pie for food. I use the 20% lightning dmg staff.

The drink (Ascetic's Gambit) seems to be straight up 25% magic dmg boost and last about 5 min