users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Double Shot
Double Shot
 Fairy.Haxorking
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-06-28 21:18:19  
I just completed some testing on double shot and thought I'd share the results with anyone that might want them. Firstly, proc rate appears to be 40%. In my testing double shot proc'd 82 out of 212 times which is 38.68%, due to the sample size it's probably safe to say it's an even 40%. Secondly, both shots are completely independent of each other. Both or either can crit, miss, and deal separate amounts of damage. Double shot can proc on missed attacks. You also receive full tp for any additional shots from double shot. Double shot does however share a recast timer with unlimited shot, and unlimited shot merits do not effect the recast timer of double shot (This I heard second hand).

I've also done some testing with refulgent arrow and double shot. Average damage overall at 100% tp seems to be approximately the same but there are occasional damage spikes with double shot active. It seems unlikely that it has any effect on weaponskills, if it does it certainly has a lot lower proc rate than with normal attacks. Some additional testing with higher tp might be required
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-06-29 14:31:25  
I posted the same findings on Alla last week Here.

Refulgent arrow is a 2 hit ws, the dmg spikes you are seeing are most likely coming from the, as so far seen, extremely rare 2nd hit landing.

I've been spamming it at events and toying around. I havent been able to see whether i am getting an additional 1 tp return from the second hit due to conserve tp kicking in.
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-06-29 15:37:02  
Conserve tp seems to have a relatively low proc rate which I'll confirm myself later, but I can't see it interfering with refulgent arrow tests. I'll also test the proc rate of the second hit, I always assumed it was hitting because I was on EP mobs but I'll have to confirm
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-06-29 17:07:41  
actually i've been finding that conserve tp has been kicking in quite alot.
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-06-30 09:03:55  
Well it depends what you mean by a lot, there's no way it's high enough to ruin refulgent arrow testing. From what I've observed so far it's probably 5-20% activation rate