フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Gilgamesh » WHM useless job
WHM useless job
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-09 14:32:10  
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
Who is best is not an individual, it is the team that works together and wins whatever they choose to do.
Haven't you figured out that this isn't how FFXI works yet? It's all about your uber gear.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-07-09 15:52:49  
Still prefer sch or rdm over whm (almost everyone does)

just by the fact that sch stratagems recasts are fast , allowing them to spam na's and stoneskin, firestorms, phalanxga and enpellga to DD pt or tank pt, on top of that they have a wide mp management efficiency and fastcasting and convert on lvl 80 and can switch to dark arts when needed, its more efficent and versatile
 Siren.Miayoko
サーバ: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-09 15:54:36  
What server are you on. SCH does NOT get many parties on Siren. I'm not saying I never did but 99.99999999% I have pted with prefer my WHM or RDM over my SCH. And, its not that I'm a bad player. It's just they aren't overly familiar with it.
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-07-09 15:59:44  
For merits, yeah.

In everything else, SCH is crowd control, nuker and helpsmakesblmsnukeshigherdamager. RDM is refresh ***, sleeper and debuffer.

WHM is healer; curing, -na's, and in every shell I've been in, Raise 3er.
 Siren.Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-09 16:00:27  
^ Tsu!

:| Raise 3 *** here too /.

I think we will get along just fine :D
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-07-09 16:02:01  
Yay WHM friends :D
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-07-09 16:07:34  
I'd go RDM>WHM>SCH, WHM/sch can hold Mp jst aswell as Sch, and still have haste(Pre-Lv80),
And if you can't get partys make your own partys, and to be honest and last couple months i think even DDs can strugle to get partys i mean 90ppl on asura looking for party almost 24/7,

stoneskin, firestorms, phalanxga and enpellga - only two spells that are usefull in merit/exp pt situation firestorm for Str and Enspell for Extra Dmg, outside that stoneskin, Phalanx is waste of time, and i'd even go to say Haste is far better than firestorm and Enspell compinded, thow never did real testing on that (again pre-80)

Edit: I don't know any WHM who's had to use all his/her Stagements to maintain a party, else they useing them every time they ready whats a waste,
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-07-09 16:15:25  
it's funny how all of you talk only about merits pt wwwwwwww it's not like whm gets on any merits pts either like rdm im talking about all in general, abbysea, nyz isle, end gaming
By sztoid 2010-07-09 16:21:57  
ReverendC said:
Well time moves on, and I have spoken to some on this server, No one makes BLM parties, for some reason. WHM? They want RDM over WHM, So I guess it's time to change main job, because at this rate, other jobs will be level 99, by the time I hit 77 LOL. And no I am no troll. On the average, I spend 6 - 8 hours per day seeking. My crafting has gone up, along with my fishing skills. So in my opinion, on Gilga server, no sense beating a dead horse, give up on WHM and BLM . LOL I know it is bad when I see a level 75 WHM trying to solo, at Cape Terrigan.

I'm already WHM80. xp is out there u just have to want it. if u just stand around with your flag up you're wastin time instead of campaigning, pages or besieged. at the very least they can use WHM's in east ron camps
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-09 16:22:40  
there really is no winning this debate..

Whm is the best at being a Whm
Sch is the best at being a Sch
Rdm is the best at being a Rdm

I know that sounds stupid, but they all excel at what they do..Sch will never be as effective as whm sure sch can do some unique things..but thats how they roll.

Whm/Sch/Rdm can do similar things but they are far from being the same..so why compare them?
[+]
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-07-09 16:23:20  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
it's funny how all of you talk only about merits pt wwwwwwww it's not like whm gets on any merits pts either like rdm im talking about all in general, abbysea, nyz isle, end gaming

For end game, WHM is the more efficient and preferred healer. For merits it's mostly RDM. Then WHM. I don't think I've ever seen a SCH main heal in a merit party, now that I think about it.

All the SCHs in my ls either burned their SCH to 80, or went to MT. Z.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-07-09 16:31:17  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
Who is best is not an individual, it is the team that works together and wins whatever they choose to do.
Haven't you figured out that this isn't how FFXI works yet? It's all about your uber gear.

It's about skill and teamwork. As PLD being able to TANK, DD's coordinate their WS's for the second half so PLD can hold hate, a THF to assist in bringig back the hate to PLD or NIN, for DRK not to premature Ejaculate with Soul Eater, RNG not to Sidewinder too early and mess up everyone's WS, and so on. Yes, uber gear nice to have. But is nice that everyone complement each other (understanding the party set up) and when to do their thing.
 Siren.Monet
user: leiht
By Siren.Monet 2010-07-09 16:56:53  
Phoenix.Tsukimae said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

For end game, WHM is the more efficient and preferred healer. For merits it's mostly RDM. Then WHM. I don't think I've ever seen a SCH main heal in a merit party, now that I think about it.

I can out heal the pants off a rdm in a meritpo. Whm is waaay more mp effecient, even without convert. Hell, I don't use ballad and I stay up over 80% mp.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-07-09 17:17:57  
ReverendC said:
Well time moves on, and I have spoken to some on this server, No one makes BLM parties, for some reason. WHM? They want RDM over WHM, So I guess it's time to change main job, because at this rate, other jobs will be level 99, by the time I hit 77 LOL. And no I am no troll. On the average, I spend 6 - 8 hours per day seeking. My crafting has gone up, along with my fishing skills. So in my opinion, on Gilga server, no sense beating a dead horse, give up on WHM and BLM . LOL I know it is bad when I see a level 75 WHM trying to solo, at Cape Terrigan.
Youre a moron. Learn how to solo BLM or quit the job, no need for a party... ever. And how is it bad to see WHM's "trying to solo, at Cape Terrigan" when I solo VT pots in sky as whm/nin for chain 5's??? Learn to play the jobs and stop QQing.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-09 17:35:42  
Phoenix.Tsukimae said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean they can't. SCH can be very good at main healing, but due to the job being much more complicated than WHM you don't see it very often since consequently most people are just terrible at playing SCH. It's really unfortunate that said terrible SCHs give us all a bad reputation >_>.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-07-09 17:39:15  
Quote button not working atm, but anyway...

By Phoenix.Tsukimae
"Even as far as -na's go. In some cases he would have to accession poisona, then accession erase, etc. While I would just stand in range and esuna 3 or more things off, just like that. And then he didn't have enough charges left to penury cure. Or do anything really."

What the *** is with this ***?? This is the second or third time in this THREAD that i've seen this. Esuna removes TWO, count em, TWO status effects. Even with misary up. Love these "career" WHMs spouting this ***left and right... Jesus *** christ...
By ReverendC 2010-07-09 18:05:16  
Well now I guess it's time for me to respond to a few things, ok I go out as 75 WHM/ 10 NIN what good is that? Oh I guess since you lower yourself to call me a Moron, that would put me in the same category as you. No thanks, I have tried in the past to solo WHM with the Zen staff, and lost experience, my club skill is much lower than staff. BLM I guess can be soloed, but at 75 looking at Wiki Field book page, it would be Ro'Meave or Cape Terrigan, well I guess I could try it again, last time I did, I was beat by a bunny. But since you are obviously the all time expert, at all jobs, maybe I should take your advice, with both jobs, and end up deleveling to 74.

I will add this, you are quite funny, you expect to pass along information, and act like a 10 year old, using foul language, thinking this impresses people, LOL personally, if I knew you, I would say "Grow up" but it probably won't do any good, so I'll say a prayer for you.

Another thing I will pass along, I am partially disabled, losing the use of my hands, yet here I am still at it. I have never quit before, and will probably change servers and get back on a good one, and keep plugging at it. Until the change, I'll level a DD ... Easier, and forget about WHM, and BLM for now.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-07-09 18:15:09  
ReverendC said:
Well now I guess it's time for me to respond to a few things, ok I go out as 75 WHM/ 10 NIN what good is that? Oh I guess since you lower yourself to call me a Moron, that would put me in the same category as you. No thanks, I have tried in the past to solo WHM with the Zen staff, and lost experience, my club skill is much lower than staff. BLM I guess can be soloed, but at 75 looking at Wiki Field book page, it would be Ro'Meave or Cape Terrigan, well I guess I could try it again, last time I did, I was beat by a bunny. But since you are obviously the all time expert, at all jobs, maybe I should take your advice, with both jobs, and end up deleveling to 74. I will add this, you are quite funny, you expect to pass along information, and act like a 10 year old, using foul language, thinking this impresses people, LOL personally, if I knew you, I would say "Grow up" but it probably won't do any good, so I'll say a prayer for you. Another thing I will pass along, I am partially disabled, losing the use of my hands, yet here I am still at it. I have never quit before, and will probably change servers and get back on a good one, and keep plugging at it. Until the change, I'll level a DD ... Easier, and forget about WHM, and BLM for now.
HA, a prayer, that's cute. And someone that plays the same video game I do, telling me to "Grow up" is just lol. Also I could care less about your RL card, so gtfo with that.

NIN sub too low, level it. Club skill too low, level it. Not even sure wtf a Zen Staff is or why you would use it. But if you want to succeed, of course you have to take it seriously. I don't see how me giving you information on what to do so you'll stop whining, anywhere implies that I was an expert at all jobs, btw.
 Siren.Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-09 18:31:00  
I've main healed in a merit pt as SCH lol I don't think I ever manaburned or level synced my SCH, but my boyfriend made the parties so they kinda had to deal we still got about as much XP as my RDM would main healing in a merit pt. And I've done many merit pts as WHM. It just kinda depends.
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-07-09 21:51:14  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Quote button not working atm, but anyway...

By Phoenix.Tsukimae
"Even as far as -na's go. In some cases he would have to accession poisona, then accession erase, etc. While I would just stand in range and esuna 3 or more things off, just like that. And then he didn't have enough charges left to penury cure. Or do anything really."

What the *** is with this ***?? This is the second or third time in this THREAD that i've seen this. Esuna removes TWO, count em, TWO status effects. Even with misary up. Love these "career" WHMs spouting this ***left and right... Jesus *** christ...

My bad. Was thinking of sacrifice while typing.

My point still stands. If you have 4 or more status effects on you, a well geared WHM with 25% haste in gear and the spell, the recast for esuna is 15 seconds. If a SCH uses its 4 charges to take care of it, it has to wait a minute before it can do it again.

WHM can Esunax4 within that minute if needed and cast cures or haste between recast. Or alternate between Esuna and Sacrifice recasts if really needed. Then penury curaga, accession regen 3, or what have you.

A SCH can blow all it's charges at once, or pace it's self. Either way, a WHM is removing more -na's and curing for more while SCH is juggling stratagems per minute.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-09 21:59:50  
I like them both. Each has some cool thing unto themselves. I guess it is just up to each player.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-09 22:01:55  
WHM is very useful in endgame. It's just not the best choice for high level xp/merit parties, thats why it doesn't tend to get good invites. The higher up you get people tend to have this set-in-stone sort of mindset of sam sam sam rdm brd etc..

If you can get into an alliance doing abyssea for xp/cruor, that should get ya where you wanna go. They're pretty easy to find too. :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-09 22:19:20  
I've run a few static abyssea runs, and by far the best healer for overall MP efficiency and usefulness has been Scholar, followed by whm and then RDM.

Most RDM's level up the job as a way to get fast party invites, but have no idea how to play the job at all.

I was thinking of making a player warning about one of the incredibly gimpy RDM's we had earlier, but I'm not sure whether ***gaming skill justifies it.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-09 22:25:52  
Good insight Flionheart. Thank you for the Abyssea info to. My Ls is thinking about starting a static up.
 Siren.Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-09 22:27:24  
Lol Flion :( sadly ***players seem to be an abundance these days ya know? *I will throw myself in that ***player category*
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-09 23:00:22  
The thing is, I couldn't care less about gear 99% of the time.

Smart gear choices + expensive gear > Smart gear choices + meh gear > Stupid gear choices + expensive gear > stupid gear choices + meh gear.

Gaming skill is makes far more of a difference *Most* of the time.

I've only ever shouted at two people whilst leading Abyssea runs, One was a mnk who wouldn't pass so we couldn't pop an NM fast and then he said he found it funny when I told him to concentrate and pay attention, and once to the RDM I mentioned earlier, who left our pld in red health for about 5 seconds against a horrible NM. (the pld was silenced and trying to use echo drops) and then the RDM had the galls to blame me for not explaining how CRUCIAL it is to keep a pld alive on an NM. She also had full MP.

I wept.
 Siren.Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-09 23:02:54  
Oh no I agree tbh I don't think gear makes the player most of the time SKILL makes a player.

My gear isn't the best but it ain't the worst I just don't have the time or gil to go buy fancy gear.

And, LOL @ Mages who tend to have full MP when the pt is in red.

Sometimes I miss statuses lately becuase I'm takin care of the kid if he wakes up but normally if someone tells me I am pretty quick to take the effect off.

. . . still lolin at the mage that had MP...my condolences.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-09 23:06:52  
Thing is my job was dealing with statuses (You know how low a brd/whm's MP is most of the time) and she was dealing with the healing so that way between the horrible Poison&Paralyze&Plague&Amnesia&Silence move I could ballad, march and rest up.

It made me sad that I was in the middle of cool down from ballad II and there was nothing I could do to heal.

Gah I say, it was my pop too >.>
 Siren.Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-09 23:21:41  
I would have *** punted someone. Seriously, RDMs these days *the majority anyway* don't know how to enfeeble and debuff to save their lives...