users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Loq Earring and ichi/ni casting
Loq Earring and ichi/ni casting
 Phoenix.Kailynn
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Kailynn
By Phoenix.Kailynn 2010-06-23 09:38:26  
So I've been reading a lot about people swapping in Loq earring for ichi/ni casting.

If you're going to do this how soon do you have to have earring in before it takes effect on spellcasting time.

I.e.

Does your macro look like

/equip ear2 "Loquacious Earring"
/wait 1
/ma "Utsusemi: ichi" <me>

or

I ask because I know for /ja you have to put in that /wait 1 or the game says it can't do the ability or something. I can't remember since I've been using /wait 1 for yeeeeeeeears.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-23 09:39:51  

Works as far as I know, but I just had it part of my precast set an spellcast sorted the rest.
 Fairy.Zefyr
サーバ: Fairy
user: Zefyr
By Fairy.Zefyr 2010-06-25 13:51:44  
Phoenix.Kailynn said:
I ask because I know for /ja you have to put in that /wait 1 or the game says it can't do the ability or something. I can't remember since I've been using /wait 1 for yeeeeeeeears.

That's actually not true. I do gear swaps with no wait before the ja or WS for all sorts of stuff. Focus/Dodge, Counterstance, all my WSs, etc. All in normal game macros, I don't use spellcast.

For shadow casting I do it with no wait on every job that uses /nin, and on nin main. I tested it once for casting time and recast time and it seemed to work just fine. I've never caught it not working, but I'm usually too busy to notice a small difference in recast time if I'm actively getting beat on.