Anyone Else Overwhelmed?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Anyone else overwhelmed?
Anyone else overwhelmed?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-22 17:23:42  
Any other DRGs feeling overwhelmed with all this new gear that's coming out? Personally I'm trying to decide myself what is consider obsolete and what's not ><!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-22 17:26:51  
Yeah... not in the DRG sense but SAM especially for me.

I'm not even sure what direction to go in or where to start... i'm just trying to hit 80 and call it a day....
[+]
 Asura.Tero
サーバ: Asura
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-06-22 17:27:00  
to tell you the truth i like it lol was kinda getting sick of everything already being figured out and everyone knowing exactly what was the best of what XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-22 17:27:06  
Overwhelmed? Not even a little..excited about the prospect of getting new gear? Well yeah then sure..drg got some nice stuff but for most of this gear we have no idea how to obtain it.

Once I find out how easy/hard it is to get said gear then my feelings might change a little.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-22 17:29:15  
Makes me happy to see more versatility and options available to cater to different, yet (equally?) effective ways of playing a class.

It won't take long for someone to find the "best" setup and leave it open for debate, but as long as new stuff in various attribute combinations come out, use what works best for you~
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-22 17:33:56  
alot of this gear is shinny and pretty but when everything is figure out I wonder if it will be better than what we already have. The set might be better than Homam for Tp but I am not convinced for WS its hard to win over Heca/Aurum/Zahak's but who knows.

Its fun to look at tho!
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-22 17:35:19  
Yea I get that lol, my only quarrels are, is what good gear now needs replacing, and how many post 75 jobs will we be able to manage, gear wise that is. Not to mention regearing!!

Ugh lol, it's back to writing equipment charts for me....
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-22 17:38:20  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
alot of this gear is shinny and pretty but when everything is figure out I wonder if it will be better than what we already have. The set might be better than Homam for Tp but I am not convinced for WS its hard to win over Heca/Aurum/Zahak's but who knows.

Its fun to look at tho!

I'm thinking Homam is still better though, at least the hands, legs and feet for DRG are. Soon as I get back on I gotta level SAM to 49 and finish up with Medals so I can get Nocturnus mail... to me it's the best for TP and WS :).
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-22 17:50:18  
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
alot of this gear is shinny and pretty but when everything is figure out I wonder if it will be better than what we already have. The set might be better than Homam for Tp but I am not convinced for WS its hard to win over Heca/Aurum/Zahak's but who knows. Its fun to look at tho!
I'm thinking Homam is still better though, at least the hands, legs and feet for DRG are. Soon as I get back on I gotta level SAM to 49 and finish up with Medals so I can get Nocturnus mail... to me it's the best for TP and WS :).
Some of the new gear is hot..the str8 dex4 acc att body is awesome! But is it as hot as the bodies we already have or the sets we already have? With that 5/5 set and the new 7haste belt it might be..but tbh someone that is a whole lot smarter than I am will figure all the math out.

For now I have Homam it is pritty so I will use it!
By ararita 2010-06-22 17:58:02  
Lol! Hellz yes! a conventional 9 to 5 is far easier...but not quite as rewarding...vacation time again! lol
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 18:05:55  
lol I'm so overwhelmed I don't even want to open up the game for a couple days. think I will leave it there for a couple days till I research more info's on this big update.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-22 18:10:17  
Overwhelmed and excited. Really really regret not starting Radenotachi sooner as I have just literally started stage 1 D:
 Carbuncle.Xeon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xeon
By Carbuncle.Xeon 2010-06-22 18:19:18  
i didnt finish my maats cap; ; overwhelms me cause i want it and lv 80 on all my fav jobs ><
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-22 18:20:41  
At the moment my current TP guide for 76-80 is looking like this!

I know I can change a few things for 'endgame' stuff. I was also having a bit of trouble deciding if i want to use Perle Hauberk and/or Timarli Jawshan for TPing. The hands I was also debating if I should use Timarli Dastanas eventually. Feet, homam to still good. But legs hmmmm, Perle legs actually look better. If you are willing to trade 1% haste and fast cast, perle leg wins with 7 more acc, dex and vit as well as 2% haste.. hmmm! the possibilities are endless.

*Excuse bad spelling, using shitty keyboard*
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-22 18:28:13  
-Askar, +Walahra Turban
-Ulthalam's Ring, +Blitz Ring!

Also that doesn't look 6hit, use Rose Strap.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-22 18:36:07  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
-Askar, Walahra Turban
-Ulthalam's Ring, Blitz Ring!

Also that doesn't look 6hit, use Rose Strap.

O_o it is, brutal + rajas + Goading >D!!

edit: yea turban I have it's just a style debate for me lol, and blitz.. i unno lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-22 18:45:55  
Goading, my bad; looks EXACTLY like Swift. That is indeed a 6hit.

2% Haste is a pretty huge increase in damage and one you can easily afford to make on DRG. .dat mod Turban if you don't like it; the results speak for themselves!
 Pandemonium.Theringer
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-06-22 18:48:32  
I dunno bout about DRG.. but yeah, I feel sorta overwhelmed with all the new gear n stuff.. I like it tho, injected life into the game (sept for xp camps, hurry up n gtfo plz lol - so many fails at XPin today coz of camps bein.. well camped! ;-;

Took 1 look at the new gear list & almost shat out my brain trying to work out what'd be worth the hassle!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-22 18:51:30  
yeah, i'm feeling quite overwhelmed. i've got to make a list of all my gear and evaluate which pieces are obsolete

make a list of those pieces, find what they should be replaced with

make a list of the replacement pieces, find out how hard/easy they are to get and balance that against their potential usefulness

then i've got to set priorities on what order to do/get stuff in

so yeah, pretty overwhelming -_-

i was just getting to the point where i knew every relevant piece of gear for my jobs by heart, and knew exactly what improvements to make >_>
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-22 18:53:17  
Good point lol, i already download a ton of .dats during the ffxidat.com shut down scare :D

New thread for gearing!

*points* let's go!