フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea
Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 36 37 38
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-01 07:55:04  
Nice! Glad to hear you made up for lost cruor with the run you did with me XD!
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-01 08:04:53  
Jesus, I go to sleep and drive to work and ya'll go nuts.
 Asura.Barthalomew
サーバ: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-07-01 08:09:59  
Asura.Tristean said:
Nice! Glad to hear you made up for lost cruor with the run you did with me XD!

LOL! It was a learning experience for me, so it was okay.

Note to self: Never go with BLU's that want to learn spells. ;)
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-01 08:13:53  
Odin.Blazza said:
Runs appear to be capped at 120, so I'm not sure how that will effect the key items that extend your stay and allow you to carry more. Even without leaving the zone to get more stones, that would already allow you to go for 132 minutes.
I was planning on posting this same question on BG this morning. I'm 75% sure that it will scale up to 132 minutes. Otherwise when you unlock the ability to hold 4 stones at once you will lose time (if you have the key item to extend).

Odin.Blazza said:
I've got exp reduction key item, just dropped from a regular mob (or maybe an ephemeral limule, but w/e).
Were you killing the same mobs or roaming?

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
I can't confirm the bonus being 3 minutes I just read 3 minutes in forums but I can confirm the 4th stone key item thing is mob drop, saw a screenshot of that one either here or BG. Lsmate has 1 of the xp reduction key items himself.
I'd like more info on this if you can. I haven't seen it on BG so far and no mention of it.

Also, it has been repeatedly confirmed that it is 3 minutes extra per stone with the key item.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-01 09:08:43  
This feller here got it to drop from a normal mob.

Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 09:20:58  
Isn't emphemeral not a normal mob? I mean look at the xp and cruor that "normal" mob gave
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-01 09:22:33  
normal mob = not impossible to gage :P plus they easy
 Phoenix.Xexferra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-07-01 09:27:03  
Well the word normal is a stretch, but they are not NMs they are just special/rare spawns at each camp not much tougher if tougher at all then creatures in the area.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-01 09:40:26  
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Isn't emphemeral not a normal mob? I mean look at the xp and cruor that "normal" mob gave

Nothing so far has shown that ephemeral mobs have a better chance of dropping the key items. I'd still classify it as a normal mob in this situation.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-01 11:23:05  
Odin.Blazza said:
The mystery here is that sentence just after the part you bolded. Does that mean it an be extended past the 120 minute limit? Peoples experiences so far suggest no, while the key items you can get suggest yes.
Just got confirmation on BG that time does NOT increase past 120 if you have the key item.
By Majae 2010-07-01 13:32:10  
Went in to La Theine last night with 4 (RDM/DNC/SAM/THF)

Mostly did some farming, but we ended up popping Baba Yaga before our time expired.

Really easy fight, took us less than 5 mins to kill. Sadly, no drops, but we did get 250 Cruor and about 1250exp.

The pop items drop fairly well. I think we killed about 15-20 of the Farfadet's and got 4 pop items. I actually thought the Farfadets were tougher than the NM...odd.

Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-01 19:25:26  
+3 minutes per stone with key item seems pretty damn useless...ok i'm now officially spending my points on armors i want instead or armor for gil lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 19:31:00  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Nothing so far has shown that ephemeral mobs have a better chance of dropping the key items. I'd still classify it as a normal mob in this situation.
Though wiki said they drop it.

Has there been reports of other stuff dropping it?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-01 22:23:38  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Though wiki said they drop it.

Has there been reports of other stuff dropping it?
Yes. I'd have to go back and check the BG thread to see if they mentioned what mobs.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-01 22:25:44  
Asura.Barthalomew said:
Note to self: Never go with BLU's that want to learn spells. ;)
Tell them to solo it!
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-02 08:42:19  
Krizz (quote is broken), we were roaming when I got the exp key item, mainly just killing Ephemeral mobs and anything Arty thought was cute, however, I think it dropped around the time we agro'd something, and then linked another of the same mob... I just can't remember what it was. I do remember where it was though, it was in Konschtat along the far west wall, south of the flans. It was either the clionids/limules (whichever one is there) or the next family south of that.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 08:51:13  
Odin.Blazza said:
Krizz (quote is broken), we were roaming when I got the exp key item, mainly just killing Ephemeral mobs and anything Arty thought was cute, however, I think it dropped around the time we agro'd something, and then linked another of the same mob... I just can't remember what it was. I do remember where it was though, it was in Konschtat along the far west wall, south of the flans. It was either the clionids/limules (whichever one is there) or the next family south of that.
Thanks. I'm keeping track of what my group fights and what glows we get, but so far nothing for key items.

Do you recall what glow you had?
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-02 09:23:00  
Did a 90 minute LS run today, focusing on NMs and pop item/NMs.

We started with Chukwa. Only a few notes;
He didn't link with any of the miniturtles around him.
He went into his shell to cast, and never cast outside of it.
Was up again within 30~minutes of death.
First one dropped bow/2x egg/emerald, second one dropped only 2x egg.

We also popped the mandy and coeurl, and found the gnat up too. All dropped their respective items. Nothing special to add about any of them.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 10:22:22  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Did a 90 minute LS run today, focusing on NMs and pop item/NMs.

We started with Chukwa. Only a few notes;
He didn't link with any of the miniturtles around him.
He went into his shell to cast, and never cast outside of it.
Was up again within 30~minutes of death.
First one dropped bow/2x egg/emerald, second one dropped only 2x egg.

We also popped the mandy and coeurl, and found the gnat up too. All dropped their respective items. Nothing special to add about any of them.
What was your setup?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-02 11:04:10  
I haven't read all of the thread but if someone has fought the Minhacao and has a strategy/setup that could be followed and is fairly safe I'd greatly appreciate it.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-02 11:16:37  
A full alliance plus some outside, so I couldn't tell you everything. 2 PLDs, THF, 3 RNGs, 5 BLMs and all the usual support would be a good guess at the main alliance. GHorns and anni/yoichis included. Took between 5-7 minutes for each kill.

It only used one TP move: its version of turtle stomp. Unlike other adamantoises, this was a conal AoE and seems more than capable of oneshotting most mages that it hits head-on.

Waterga V, with 2-3 people in range, was almost all absorbed by a 350 stoneskin on PLDs, though this was with aegis so it's assuredly stronger than it looked.

lalala can't think of anything else.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 11:19:38  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I haven't read all of the thread but if someone has fought the Minhacao and has a strategy/setup that could be followed and is fairly safe I'd greatly appreciate it.
BG said:
The Sandworm NM seems to replace Doomvoid with a combo of Gorge/Disgorge. Gorge steals HP and Disgorge from observation seems to take the numerical amount that Gorge took and spreads it to targets.

Not too sure if that is precisely what Disgorge does but for sure Gorge steals HP.

800EXP/202cruor for the kill and had 12 people.

otherwise it seems comparable to any other sandworm

(I've never fought a sandworm. Haven't sent my crew after Minhocao yet.)
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-02 11:23:43  
Fortis mantle drops off popped NM Ram in La Theine, killed it with an alliance of DD basically zerged it, spams ram charge which goes through shadows for 500+ dmg to a 76 SAM. If its been mentioned sorry for double posting :(
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 11:35:06  
Known Abyssea drops:

Adler Ring
Anguinus Belt
Artemis' Medal
Bale Belt
Cavaros mantle
Corvus Torque
Estoqueur's Collar
Ferine Mantle
Fortis Mantle
Glyph Axe
Hakke Hachimaki
Hoard Ring
Impulse Belt
Inmicus Cuisses
Libeccio mantle
Lithe Boots
Maestria Mask
Mavi Scarf
Mesmeric Cape
Navarch's Choker
Nguul
Noesis Helm
Odium Ring
Orison Cape
Ost Cerveliere
Pedant Cape
Plaga Scythe
Ryoshi Hachimaki
Seigneur Shield
Sentry Belt
Siege Bow
Sunbeam Belt
Sylvan Scarf
Terebellum Mantle
Thew Bomblet
Thiazi's Belt
Vermeil Bhuj

If you know of any I missed that are confirmed, let me know. I'm not sure why Fortis Mantle wasn't on the list since I've seen info on it dropping.

[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-02 11:35:39  
Oh, we got a few chests dropped from mobs. Two blue ones that gave 200 cruor and 600 exp. There was also one that dropped from Chukwa that I didn't get a good look at. The coeurl NM dropped a chest that looked exactly like one of the mimic chests you see everywhere. I opened it and there were two augmented wivre gorgets in there, both with crappy stats.
Also didn't get anything except 42/40 from a mimic we went for.
 Diabolos.Gira
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-02 15:30:40  
Anyone know if there are any player level or skill level requirements to fish in la Theine?

I have fishing skilled a bit on a lower level character (level 30 mule) and was hoping to burn her traverser stones on some cruor grinding by quest or fishing if possible...
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-02 15:35:23  
Anyone have any testimonials on killing the thew bomblet nm? I've read that it can be easily taken down by a party of 6 or less, but haven't seen anything too specific.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-02 15:57:47  
Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Anyone have any testimonials on killing the thew bomblet nm? I've read that it can be easily taken down by a party of 6 or less, but haven't seen anything too specific.

Kite-nuke is apparently the best strategy for that particular NM.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-02 15:58:49  
Leviathan.Powerslave said:
I did it with a pld sam thf whm rdm brd cor. Was a bit over kill and more magic dmg would've been better especially at the end.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-02 16:10:36  
Diabolos.Gira said:
Anyone know if there are any player level or skill level requirements to fish in la Theine?

I have fishing skilled a bit on a lower level character (level 30 mule) and was hoping to burn her traverser stones on some cruor grinding by quest or fishing if possible...

You have to be level 30 to enter Abyssea but I was fishing up rusty items and my fishing is only lvl 2.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 36 37 38