users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea
Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 36 37 38
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-29 22:35:09  
Killed Bhumi very easily w/ 5 today. No drops but he went down in like 2 mins.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 07:05:49  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Killed Bhumi very easily w/ 5 today. No drops but he went down in like 2 mins.
Yeah, he's very easy.

Unless you're the WHM who gets left alone with it at 4% without expecting it to happen..
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-30 07:18:02  
What all have people fished up in there? I got kunai and spears, and a crayfish. I also fished up a crab that dropped a rusty shield which turned in for like 300 cruor. Also, I seem to be breaking lines alot in there, my fishing skill is only 11 though and I don't really know much about fishing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 07:21:11  
daddyrabbit4444 said:
yea i just came from there they nerfed it spear now give 80 and other thing 40 :( sad
Gdi something my fishing abilities could've taken advantage of and gimped before I found out. /rage
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 07:22:24  
Titan.Lillica said:
What all have people fished up in there? I got kunai and spears, and a crayfish. I also fished up a crab that dropped a rusty shield which turned in for like 300 cruor. Also, I seem to be breaking lines alot in there, my fishing skill is only 11 though and I don't really know much about fishing.
The possiblity of Line/rod break is based on what rod for whatever you are fishing up and odds are based somewhat on skill. Btw how hard was that crab and what were you using?

Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-30 08:02:58  
The crab was easy to solo on 78 DNC/SAM, just hit kinda hard until I put up fan dance. I was using Halcyon and Fly lure.
 Asura.Rule
サーバ: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-30 09:21:46  
at last nights abyssea i noticed a glitch, it kept telling people that they leveled up to the level they were already. so level 80 people were obtaining 80 again for no reason. It usually happened 2~6 people at a time
 Asura.Kalekka
user: Kalekka
By Asura.Kalekka 2010-06-30 09:42:28  
Asura.Rule said:
at last nights abyssea i noticed a glitch, it kept telling people that they leveled up to the level they were already. so level 80 people were obtaining 80 again for no reason. It usually happened 2~6 people at a time

That happened to me the other day in there. I de-lvl'd to 78 when I went in w/ a small LS group to explore (we tried fighting the little mini treant in the konschtat area....yeah. 7 people is not enough for that little *** btw...unless we just had a crap set up)...when I RR'd myself i had my lvl back, but after the next fight it showed me the level up animation.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 09:44:51  
Did it say you reached the level in the chat log or was it just the animation?
 Phoenix.Xexferra
user: xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-06-30 10:14:11  
Hi,

I lead a group into Tahrongi Abyssea last night, we did fairly good, killed the eft nm, and got quivering eft egg. But I know we also need the Cockatrice Tail Meat, where do the Cockatrices spawn in that zone if anyone knows?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 10:16:36  
Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Hi,

I lead a group into Tahrongi Abyssea last night, we did fairly good, killed the eft nm, and got quivering eft egg. But I know we also need the Cockatrice Tail Meat, where do the Cockatrices spawn in that zone if anyone knows?
http://www.cairxiv.net/images/Abyssea-Tahrogni.png
Around G-7/G-8.
 Phoenix.Xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-06-30 10:21:32  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Hi,

http://www.cairxiv.net/images/Abyssea-Tahrogni.png
Around G-7/G-8.

That is exactly what I needed, thank you so much! I think I managed to do a circle around them completely when getting all the confluxes.
 Diabolos.Gira
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-30 10:27:04  
Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Hi,

I'm confused... have these items been confirmed to be what is needed to pop the Sandworm NM for the Quest?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 10:27:27  
NP, Xexferra. It's pretty easy to get turned around in abyssea without a map due to all the mobs.

BG said:
We got Ruffian Leggings from Nguruvilu.

DEF:24 INT -4 MND -4
Physical damage taken -3%
Enmity +3
Lv. 78 WAR / PLD / DRK
Finally some info on the Puk NM in La Theine.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 10:30:28  
Diabolos.Gira said:
Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Hi,

I'm confused... have these items been confirmed to be what is needed to pop the Sandworm NM for the Quest?
Quote:
A ??? requiring key items, overgrown mandragora flower and chipped sandworm tooth is at (F-5).
A ??? requiring key items, veinous hecteyes eyelid, torn bat wing, gory scorpion claw, and mossy adamantoise shell is at (I-8).
A ??? requiring key items, fat-lined cockatrice skin, sodden sandworm husk, gory luxuriant manticore mane, and sticky gnat wing is at (I-5).

Haven't heard much about the I-5 and I-8 pops. Either one could be, but I think I-5 is more likely. I need to see what the other unaccounted for NM is.
 Phoenix.Xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-06-30 10:34:15  
Diabolos.Gira said:
Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Hi,

I am trying to pop Alectryon cockatrice NM which has been reported to drop the +4 store tp ring, that I want for my dnc ^^; but I am also fairly sure like Krizz that my shell will need the fat-lined cockatrice skin that most likely drops from Alectryon to pop the Sandworm for mission.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-30 11:04:02  
Fished up a NM crab at the rusty pond in la theine. His name was Nahn. Promptly killed me as DRG/BLU. Was hitting for 300 dmg w/ cocoon up.

Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-06-30 11:22:00  
Asura.Kalekka said:
Asura.Rule said:
That happened to me the other day in there. I de-lvl'd to 78 when I went in w/ a small LS group to explore (we tried fighting the little mini treant in the konschtat area....yeah. 7 people is not enough for that little *** btw...unless we just had a crap set up)...when I RR'd myself i had my lvl back, but after the next fight it showed me the level up animation.

Maybe thats why there a Maintenance for abyssea areas. Any info?
 Sylph.Priy
サーバ: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-06-30 11:36:20  
I was in a pt yesterday in Tahrongi and we would get chest drops but they wouldn't spawn. So I'm hoping that's what they are fixing. Was really annoying cause you could target the spot it should have been at but nothing was there.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 11:46:28  
Sylph.Priy said:
I was in a pt yesterday in Tahrongi and we would get chest drops but they wouldn't spawn. So I'm hoping that's what they are fixing. Was really annoying cause you could target the spot it should have been at but nothing was there.
Yeah, GM has confirmed that is a legitimate bug and they are working on fixing.
Asura.Chefm said:
Asura.Kalekka said:
Asura.Rule said:

Maybe thats why there a Maintenance for abyssea areas. Any info?
Right now?

First I've heard of there being any maint this morning.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-30 11:47:22  
emergency maint is being done on certain zones
 Phoenix.Xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-06-30 11:50:56  
I really hope they fix the chests in tahrongi, we had the message that a chest spawned pop up about ten times or so last night and only one actually showed.
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-30 11:51:02  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

it said it in the chat log.

it happened 5 or 6 times within an hour of farming. each time reading 2~6 people
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 11:55:47  
Asura.Rule said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

it said it in the chat log.

it happened 5 or 6 times within an hour of farming. each time reading 2~6 people
Interesting.
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
emergency maint is being done on certain zones
thanks
 Leviathan.Darkmod
サーバ: Leviathan
user: darkmod
By Leviathan.Darkmod 2010-06-30 12:41:06  
Krizz, help me out.

I'm starting to notice that the more kills you get / the brighter your glow = more cruor from glowing mobs?

Also, Whats up with Atma? Do we know how to utilize it yet? capitalize on your opponents weakness to get atma?

Also, how hard is the Gigas NM in La theine? The one with trophy shield pop item?

And another speculation - Red chests SUCK. All they give is glow to you. I find it pointless currently. I also have a theory that the more bad guesses you make, the less cruor you attain from cruor chests.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 13:04:34  
Leviathan.Darkmod said:
Krizz, help me out.

I'm starting to notice that the more kills you get / the brighter your glow = more cruor from glowing mobs?

Also, Whats up with Atma? Do we know how to utilize it yet? capitalize on your opponents weakness to get atma?

Also, how hard is the Gigas NM in La theine? The one with trophy shield pop item?

And another speculation - Red chests SUCK. All they give is glow to you. I find it pointless currently. I also have a theory that the more bad guesses you make, the less cruor you attain from cruor chests.

Glow/cruor: Others have reported the increase in cruor, but it's nothing solid yet.

Atma: Only seen one person (or group) get atma. Still waiting on more info from the person on how they obtained it.

Weaknesses: Testing on a mob showed that one time it's weakness was bio II while another time it was flash. Not sure if it's random, a pattern, or what. Currently thought to be required for the atma.

Adamastor: I'm not sure on his difficulty. I haven't fought any of the pop NMs yet. I'll have to get back to you on that in a minute.

Red chests: Until we know more about the glows, I agree.

Edit:
Quote:
WAR WHM COR RNG DRK SAM RDM BLMx2 THF

That group killed Adamastor. Didn't report anything about the fight though.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 13:14:15  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Weaknesses: Testing on a mob showed that one time it's weakness was bio II while another time it was flash. Not sure if it's random, a pattern, or what. Currently thought to be required for the atma.
How can you tell if a mob is weak to flash? I guess if it's weak to Bio then it'll do more damage than expected, but flash? Anything more you can explain on this one?
 Phoenix.Xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-06-30 13:17:54  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
How can you tell if a mob is weak to flash? I guess if it's weak to Bio then it'll do more damage than expected, but flash? Anything more you can explain on this one?

When you hit an enemy in Abyssea with something that is it's weakness it will get a !! over it.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-30 13:19:41  
Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

When you hit an enemy in Abyssea with something that is it's weakness it will get a !! over it.
This.

Same for WoE mobs. Someone got a !! by flashing a WoE crab or something.

Edit: Not sure on what the weaknesses trigger. One NM was stunned for nearly a minute after the !! being triggered (according to a post on BG).

Like I said, a ***ton more work needs to be done on weaknesses. Right now it's basically just keeping a list and then trying it on a different pop.
 Phoenix.Xexferra
By Phoenix.Xexferra 2010-06-30 13:27:37  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Xexferra said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

This.

Same for WoE mobs. Someone got a !! by flashing a WoE crab or something.

Edit: Not sure on what the weaknesses trigger. One NM was stunned for nearly a minute after the !! being triggered (according to a post on BG).

Like I said, a ***ton more work needs to be done on weaknesses. Right now it's basically just keeping a list and then trying it on a different pop.

If you are keeping a list, The Eft nm In Tahrongi gave !! when our sams weaponskilled, maybe magic weaponskill. Not sure which one they were using but I will try and ask them tonight if they are on.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 36 37 38