Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 12:42:19  
Just more of my thoughts on this.
BG.Krizz said:
This is what I'm thinking.

If you set teams to duo/trio mobs (2DDs,1support) then you should be able to take down the easy ones no problem (depending on mob). Have a bigger group (a party maybe) work on the bigger mobs.

I see it mentioned that mobs come down in rushes of 4-5. That's 8-15 people with duos/trios assigned to mobs. That leaves a whole other alliance for the strongest mobs.

This would also give more support to SEs idea of random people being able to work together. If there are enough small groups in, and they attack different mobs, it should work.

This is all theory of course. I haven't personally been back in the zone since Monday.
 Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger 2010-06-25 12:43:05  
My setup was all lv75 btw
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-06-25 12:44:47  
its basically the same as the T3 VNM slime and yes there are 4 of them it would be wise to have a full pty of kiters cuz when 1 giant dies more small ones pop but sometimes the ones being kited depop dunno hwo it exactly works yet but it generally pretty easy and yes we do wipe once after 3rd is at 10% we usually hit the floor
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-06-25 13:22:20  
Actually, when one of the VNM slimes dies, the next one and its 4 babies aggro; the small clots with the previous VNM slime usually die, but not always.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 09:02:05  
I have to catch up on BG, but last I read the current strat used in wins were sac pulling the bosses. (yeah, expect dynamis flashbacks)
 Asura.Serano
サーバ: Asura
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-28 12:09:52  
Image wasnt working sooo
click Here for nice photo:)
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-28 13:32:54  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I have to catch up on BG, but last I read the current strat used in wins were sac pulling the bosses. (yeah, expect dynamis flashbacks)
Quick question, I know the bosses support the babies, but if you manage to get the bosses on their own, do the babies support them, or do they spawn more babies around them?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 13:39:53  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Quick question, I know the bosses support the babies, but if you manage to get the bosses on their own, do the babies support them, or do they spawn more babies around them?
I'm not sure how the babies act once the sac puller dies. I do know that it's been said more than once that the babies die when the boss dies.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-29 02:16:37  
Well the reason I was asking, is because me and a friend went and had a play, and we had the zone to ourselves (in the crab one). We killed the one baby that is on it's own, and then 3 more came down out of no-where and raped us. After we reraised, we quickly decided that there was no way we were going to be able to kill even one more crab, so we chucked on some powder boots, buffed up and flee'd through the zone to see what was about. We managed to get to the room with the three bosses, and die behind them. We were far enough behind them that they didn't agro us when we raised up again. I was in the hallway between the bosses and the babies, and my friend was behind them. When he attacked them, none of the babies moved, I can't remember if they came for me after he died or not. But the reason I initially asked the question, is because it the babies don't support the bosses at all, then you could easily get a whole alliance to follow a thf and all die behind the bosses, reraise, rest to full (wasting about 7-8 minutes), then spend 20 minutes killing the bosses without the distraction of the babies. There's enough room there that you can separate the three bosses into corners so that any nasty AOE they may do will not effect anyone fighting one of the other bosses.

Edit: Mind you, if anyone else enters the zone, agros and dies to a crab, that crab will then head for your alliance.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-29 02:21:57  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I'm not sure how the babies act once the sac puller dies. I do know that it's been said more than once that the babies die when the boss dies.

My group has managed to pull the boss without the babies without sac pulling. Just easier to sack pull and no minis come up and follow him from what I've seen.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-29 02:23:40  
How can you pull the boss without a sac pull? They're in a room on their own past a skinny staircase and another room full of mobs.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-29 06:53:43  
Odin.Blazza said:
How can you pull the boss without a sac pull? They're in a room on their own past a skinny staircase and another room full of mobs.
I'm curious about this as well.

Blazza, your theory has some merit, but I'm not sure how well that would work out. I'd rather sac pull. Not like the puller loses XP.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-29 07:11:30  
Odin.Blazza said:

Which one are you talking about; I just meant in general we've pulled a boss without linking others. We were doing the #3 Antlion one and managed to grab the Boss one without the rest and the rest didnt eventually follow. Any other time we pulled a mini and killed one eventually all of the mobs followed with the Bosses.
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-06-29 12:31:20  
Having cleared 1-3 now, we still don't have access to 4-6. A few other groups on BG have run into the same thing.

Its not sac pulling the bosses, its sac pulling the mobs that aggro on their own, before they get to the alliance. This keeps you from getting swamped by multiple bosses / too many small mobs, which is what typically causes wipes. Handling 4-6 small mobs at once isn't too bad, but you don't want to be kiting a bunch of small mobs when fighting a boss.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-07-13 17:01:24  
Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger said:
It skills up really good there !
Went with RDM/dnc PUP/dnc and SMN/whm !
RDM tank, PUP with whmdoll and smn subheal !
We killed 1 crab 1/2 crab then we ran out of time XD
Tough fight tho <.<

And i discovered the new aquaveil O_O SO COOOOOOOOL
<Gab> Aquaveil!
<Gab> Stoneskin
<Gab> Gets hit !
<Gab> received the effect of stoneskin O_O woot

Really i love it now !!

That really works? Aquaveil really gives you Stoneskin? Is this only within Walk of Echoes or is it at anytime? o.o And how is this possible?

I've never tanked yet as RDM after the Update. So, I wouldn't know on this.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-14 10:02:46  
Conflux #5 has been unlocked on Asura. Unknown what triggered it aside from massive spamming of Conflux #2.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3952426&postcount=282
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-14 11:18:23  
Majae said:
Went in last night - we only managed to have 7 ppl in zone #2 - We killed about 6 mobs, then died shortly after each one due to the zone wide aggro. After we killed one, 3-4 more would rush us plus the biggest slime mob I have ever seen. Of course we lost, booted out, no xp, no rewards. So far I think this event sucks. Aside from getting your entire LS in there an having a plan, I don't see how 36 random ppl can coordinate this thing in a solid fashion. I'll keep giving it a try no and then, but I don't see what SE was thinking with this one. It would be nice if they would atleast offer you XP for the mobs you DO manage to kill.

thats the point lol you and no one else knows what SE are thinking so you and no one else can say its good or bad because you and no one else know why you need to be there or what the mechanic's are..i for one give a big thanks to SE for making a new none besieged area to skill up in and not loose xp ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [79 days between previous and next post]
By ejiboo 2010-10-01 16:57:44  
um... dunno if this has been said but...

if someone were to use this one thing people call mappy, they would be able see flux #8, 9, 10 under the floor...

GOGO WOE UPDATE!!!
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-01 17:01:57  
I actually do WoE a lot and have quite a lot of experience in it.
Flux 1/2/3/5 mostly