Best WAR GA?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Best WAR GA?
Best WAR GA?
First Page 2
 Ramuh.Doomsday
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Doomsday
By Ramuh.Doomsday 2010-06-18 02:37:58  
currently I have Byakkos Axe equiped and a Foolkiller on my mannequin well just cause i love the name and i did my highest RR's with that GA.

Been considering getting Martial Bhuj back for Steal Cyclone. Is Foolkiller crap, and I'm trying to get assaults done for Perdu, but too many other events and jobs to maintain at once. Just wondering what the best GA is atm(non relic/mythic)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-18 02:40:01  
aside from relic, bonesplitter with full damage augs, going the lord ruthven route is the absolute best option

failing that or a perdu, augment an erlking's kheten with +6 DMG

don't spend gil on martial unless you've got plenty to burn

yes, foolkiller is crap
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-18 02:41:47  
Bonesplitter, or a high-DMG/+STR/Double Attack+2 Erlking's Kheten, from what I understand.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-18 03:04:49  
It really depends on the situation. The way I look at it is.

Bonesplitter and high dmg, str, dbl atk kheten will be better than perdu if your acc is already capped but if not then perdu wins. Also if you have a rdm willing to refresh you then a runechopper is fun. And finally there is Fort axe which from what I've read is very nice for meripo and such but fails for anything where tp feed is a prob I don't own one so haven't tested this out. xD

Oh and btw these are only my opinions on it they might be wrong haven't been a war for to long. ><
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-18 08:43:55  
The top three axes I can think of are Perdu Voulge/Earlkings Kheten *tied because depending on right stats you get on Kheten it MAY outweigh the Voulge, so its chancy * > Byakko's Axe, in that order of GA rankings.

The others are correct in choosing the Bonesplitter as well. Even I'm looking into it since the Perdue is out of my reach for a while. Overall there are many options to choose from as you can see.
[+]
 Fenrir.Xxak
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Xxak
By Fenrir.Xxak 2010-06-21 08:17:43  
Rune Chopper with a RDM > Luchtaine (OAT + dam) only when /nin with 6 hit (need 20 sTP) > Fortitude Axe > Bonesplitter (+ dam) > Luchtaine /sam with 6 hit or /nin with 7 hit > Kheten when accuracy is capped > Perdu > Kheten when accuracy is not capped.
By Nabis 2010-06-21 09:15:25  
1.Bonesplitter
2.Earl Khet (augments vary)
3.Perdu
4.Balestarius camp battle only.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-21 09:18:22  

w/ a one hit build
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-21 09:27:00  
As a couple of people have mentioned, if you can get the support for it (ie a RDM) and have suitable gear a Rune chopper is a monster. It’s almost an Apoc for a WAR, just without having to use a rubbish WS to get the haste and lower base D.

Outside of that, Trails weapon > Perdu = Earlkings Kheten (with good stats) > Byakkos > Earlkings Kheten (with average stats)

I am sure there are a few others in there (Fort axe for example), but really Perdu or Kheten should be most peoples minimum aim
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-21 09:32:00  
Valefor.Argettio said:
As a couple of people have mentioned, if you can get the support for it (ie a RDM) and have suitable gear a Rune chopper is a monster. It’s almost an Apoc for a WAR, just without having to use a rubbish WS to get the haste and lower base D.

Outside of that, Trails weapon > Perdu = Earlkings Kheten (with good stats) > Byakkos > Earlkings Kheten (with average stats)

I am sure there are a few others in there (Fort axe for example), but really Perdu or Kheten should be most peoples minimum aim

^

Rune chopper is a beast.
Fort axe is pretty amazing aswell if you can keep up with the stones.
 Alexander.Kryptonitic
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Kryptonitic 2010-06-21 09:50:09  
Rune chopper is good, especially if you have equip to support it. No point having 29% haste when cap is 26% so consider swapping Dusk hands for Askar,Blitz Ring for acc/iota/ulth and Turban for Askar. Just remember mp drain is 3mp/tick but you only need 1 mp for it to be active so get yourself a single mp merit and you're fine for events like Einherjar where a rdm will refresh you + sanction refresh.

Perdu is a great GAxe, some hard work required to get it but if it takes you to the acc cap then it's well worth the time. Personally my fave GAxe cos of the effort put in and the all roundness of it.

Erkhlings is all dependent on stats, frustrating 3 months of assaults to get Perdu can be pwned by 10 mins of luck, fair play to the people that have repeated the fight 20+ times to get good stats. I use a Dmg+5 (same as perdu) Str+4 atk+8 EK for Zerging when you're /sam and start with 300tp, have 6 brd songs against a feinted mob your principle dmg is gonna come from a lot of WSs so Dmg and Str is the stats to aim for.

100 Dmg bonesplitter and other trial weapons are generally good and situational however I've not opted for one of those paths yet as I'm waiting to see trial updates in this update.

Gawains is a respectable cheap off the AH option though a bad Erk is sometimes better.

Berserkers has nice dmg and can pip martial bhuj with 100tp RR > 200tp SC depending on your dex/str/vit during WS.

Byakkos is a very handy axe, used it for months before getting my Perdu 18 months ago.

If you have a parser it will become the best tool in maximising your DD ability as it will show you whether you need acc or can focus on haste / atk.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-14 14:21:51  
Alexander.Kryptonitic said:
Rune chopper is good, especially if you have equip to support it. No point having 29% haste when cap is 26% so consider swapping Dusk hands for Askar,Blitz Ring for acc/iota/ulth and Turban for Askar. Just remember mp drain is 3mp/tick but you only need 1 mp for it to be active so get yourself a single mp merit and you're fine for events like Einherjar where a rdm will refresh you + sanction refresh.

Can I ask about Rune Chopper? I am an upcoming WAR, and love the idea of this. You say that it only needs 1mp to activate the latent - and it seems that by default effects like refresh and poison and such all happen right "on" the tic. Wouldn't that mean that FoV or sanction refresh would cover it? Or am I not getting something?

Thanks much!
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-07-14 14:32:24  
Vermeil Bhuj is pretty sexy..

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Vermeil_Bhuj

Martial is junk unless you are doing, like, DI and have time to get tp on small mobs and blow it all at once.

Perdu is your best bet, but I would go for the Vermeil Bhuj if I were you. Drop rate seems to be pretty decent.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-14 16:07:13  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:

Martial is junk unless you are doing, like, DI and have time to get tp on small mobs and blow it all at once.

Perdu is your best bet, but I would go for the Vermeil Bhuj if I were you. Drop rate seems to be pretty decent.

perdu is not his best bet. vermeil stomps all over perdu
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-07-14 16:24:26  
Quote:
Can I ask about Rune Chopper? I am an upcoming WAR, and love the idea of this. You say that it only needs 1mp to activate the latent - and it seems that by default effects like refresh and poison and such all happen right "on" the tic. Wouldn't that mean that FoV or sanction refresh would cover it? Or am I not getting something?

Thanks much!

Rune weapons drain 3MP/tick when engaged to a mob, if they can get it, but will take 1MP if that's all you have. Basically what'll happen is that the Rune weapon will take your MP to 0, next tick counts as no MP, thus no latent, MP ticks up, weapon drains it and has an active latent... active every other tick.

You can easily verify this behavior for Rune weapons yourself with a Rune Axe, as the latent effect includes Regen.

If you want to truly maintain the latent, then you'll need 3MP/tick or greater to keep MP from eventually being depleted.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-14 16:37:25  
Asura.Isiolia said:
Quote:

Thanks much!

Rune weapons drain 3MP/tick when engaged to a mob, if they can get it, but will take 1MP if that's all you have. Basically what'll happen is that the Rune weapon will take your MP to 0, next tick counts as no MP, thus no latent, MP ticks up, weapon drains it and has an active latent... active every other tick.

You can easily verify this behavior for Rune weapons yourself with a Rune Axe, as the latent effect includes Regen.

If you want to truly maintain the latent, then you'll need 3MP/tick or greater to keep MP from eventually being depleted.

That makes sense for sure. I was thinking that by some awesome and unknown grace of god, the added mp occurs "first" (like the line of code above) the 3mp is taken away, and you would be set with just a 1mp refresh. Oh well.

Thanks for fixing me though!
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-07-14 19:05:59  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:

What I meant was his best bet out of this list of GA's he had in his OP. I said in my own post he should go for the Vermeil Bhuj.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-14 19:14:35  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:

What I meant was his best bet out of this list of GA's he had in his OP. I said in my own post he should go for the Vermeil Bhuj.

ah, i see what you meant now.

he made the original post before vermeil was out
 Bahamut.Drakkalan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Drakkalan
By Bahamut.Drakkalan 2010-07-14 19:20:10  
I would list my favorite axes as:

1. Vermiel Bhuj <still working on it>
2. Martial Bhuj
3. Perdu Volgue
4. Byakko's

Only used Martial Bhuj in conjunction with Steel Cyclone and saved to 150TP every time for weaponskill. As a War/Sam I never lost a parse in Einherjar or any other event. I'm a big fan of Steel Cylone not sure why alot of people knock the Martial Bhuj...can only assume they haven't used it themselves.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drakkalan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Drakkalan
By Bahamut.Drakkalan 2010-07-16 01:59:56  
Yeah your not being rude. I use Raging Rush now since I don't have a Martial anymore and yeah the DD in my LS are all mostly weak...we lose einherjar every run. Reason I posted was to see what others would say. Not hurting my feelings in the slightest.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:01:24  
Sumera is quite good, once you done WS trials its 98 DMG steel cyclone dmg +10%
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:03:24  
Bahamut.Drakkalan said:
Yeah your not being rude. I use Raging Rush now since I don't have a Martial anymore and yeah the DD in my LS are all mostly weak...we lose einherjar every run. Reason I posted was to see what others would say. Not hurting my feelings in the slightest.
i Would of thought with a martial now, RR would be good because of the Crit dmg + trait? i mean its aprox 30% crit rate at 200% (100% with MB) then natural crit rate ontop?
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-16 02:13:35  
I'd place my bet on the 102DMG"Dbl.Atk."+5 variant of the Kunlun

That puts Warrior somewhere around I think 20 Double attack with just Merits+Trait+Greataxe.

Add in Brutal 25%
Add in Pole (if you can't fit a Sword) 27%
Add in Ravager's Gorget for 29% with a DMG105 weapon.

And finally, they key to it all, WAR AF feet for 30%...

...Just kidding.

Seriously though, I'm no warrior, but Double Attack rate of 29% with virtually no gear sacrifice and a DMG:102 weapon...? That has to at least be in top 3 Pre-Bravura.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:16:23  
3 best are 1 bravura, 2 Conqueror and 3 empyreal GA, 4th would be the one that sandworm drops xD 104 dmg str+8 (2 dmg fstr) and addition effect amnesia xD
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-16 02:16:24  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

w/ a one hit build

I remember when MNK had a 0Hit build with Relic Knuckles.

Asuran fists Non stop.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-16 02:18:39  
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
3 best are 1 bravura, 2 ConquerorConqueror(80) and 3 empyreal GA, 4th would be the one that sandworm drops xD 104 dmg str 8 (2 dmg fstr) and addition effect amnesia xD

There is a HUGE Difference between Conqueror And Conqueror(80).

I don't feel it's necessary to differentiate the relic Bravura, since it is awesome, but original Conqueror Is gimp from what I've seen.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:21:23  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
3 best are 1 bravura, 2 ConquerorConqueror(80) and 3 empyreal GA, 4th would be the one that sandworm drops xD 104 dmg str 8 (2 dmg fstr) and addition effect amnesia xD
There is a HUGE Difference between Conqueror And Conqueror(80). I don't feel it's necessary to differentiate the relic Bravura, since it is awesome, but original Conqueror Is gimp from what I've seen.
Wehn i say Conqueror i ment the 80 one :P same with bravura hehe
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-16 02:21:37  
When* lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-16 02:23:24  
Speaking of VermBhuj, WAR in my LS got it to Proc 6 times on a Yilbegan, ***was funny, but actually kind of Detrimental, because Dancing Tail is actually weaker against our PLD/BLU than normal attacks (As long as you poisona after)
First Page 2