SCH Update: Getting Riped Off ???

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH update: Getting riped off ???
SCH update: Getting riped off ???
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-01 05:48:31  
Basically this is what I found considering perfect gear.

~2020 Blizzard IV SCH - Every ability active.

~1905 Blizzard IV BLM - Every ability active.

Day hit bonus active. Using INT Waist, no Obi. No special items. No Critical hit.

Edit: Non-Ice difference would be a bit closer under identical conditions from SCH losing 7 INT from Stormsurge.

Edit 2: But on the same day and same spell, a SCH will beat a BLM. AMII does not count. If SCH had AMII, it would be > BLM as well.

Edit 3: Factor in SCH MP efficiency abilities and Sublimation, SCH will beat BLM DoT as well.

Edit 4: Just to be fair to BLMs since Spirit Lantern is very obtainable and usable in any situation, this will easily push Blizzard IV damage over 2090, past the current SCH maximum.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 07:31:23  
As promised my max T4 dmg solo not counting new gear. And none of that evolith stuff for amorph killing only gear. Ok I might've broke 2.4k if food hadn't wore right before it landed and there is always int pot but yeah.

[+]
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-07-01 08:25:08  
so, hmm, very interesting...

A low self-esteem thread turned into a sch vs blm one huh. I guess sch needs to use blm example to feel good about themselves. Even though sch can only beat blm in very specific situations.
 Kujata.Nanyo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2010-07-01 09:41:48  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Quote:
level 80 BLM/RDM is still amazing. I just dislike how badly SCH is underestimated.

Pretty much this. Really tired of all the ignorant people popping up all over the place and talking like SCH doesn't even compare to BLM or WHM.

Edit: @Princemercury - my nuke had neither day bonus nor critical hit. I'd be doing well over 2k if I had both of those things.

This! So much This! I want Post Zilart Job (that isn't Cor) Are All Usless and Only to be used as SJs! It's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE! I look at the Parse after Einherjar (The only event I Normally get to come SCH that is parsed) And I am right up there with the BLMs (Normally Second highest) And Maybe I'm not holding up nuke to nuke (I don't really care to look at the nuke to nuke except when I Want to check if Maybe I could make a better Gear choice)

I want to be able to come the job I like to some events and Play with the BLMs (Buff them up because working as a whole makes us more Effectent) Rather then to be treated like some waste of a job that's only ment to be SJed!

It seems to be getting better but... really it just annoys me (Atleast I'm not coming RDM all the time now @,@)

Also, is it me or are too many threads becoming SCH Vs X~Mage. T.T I just want to enjoy my job
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-01 13:33:12  
I tend to agree that Parsimony instead of Ebullience is generally the better choice but it's a stretch to say it always is. There are a lot of situations you're not going to run out of MP before it's over anyway, more so now than ever since we can use Convert.

Congrats on your wasted time, Dasva. You effectively told us what we already knew using nearly every bonus you possibly could. Not sure who you were trying to impress.

Edit:
Remora.Laphine said:
Even though sch can only beat blm in very specific situations.

Just wanted to point out that I'm pretty sure we just showed the opposite here.
[+]
 Asura.Serano
サーバ: Asura
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-07-01 13:35:46  
SCH pwns the end
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 16:22:00  
You what I find the funniest. Is you argue greatest dmg normally on T4 by killing your efficiency and then argue about efficiency whenever anyone brings up AM2.

Make up your mind
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-01 16:47:36  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
As for Ent's screenshot, 1400 is ridiculously low for a BLM sporting full Morrigan's and a Novio/Sorc ring, I'd assume he had a partial resist.
Well, that would mean that his normal nuke did 2800, and good luck with that.

My theory, and what I believe is more than likely true, is that he maybe got an Earth weather proc on his Thunder IV, it was over a year ago and I don't remember but it makes sense. Means his nuke would have been roughly 1540, or 1680 on both day and weather proc, which at that point it stops being about gear and starts being about knowledge of the job. Why nuke Thunder on Earthday with Earth weather?

Either way, my nukes, before I quit, still did more than 1680.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-01 16:51:59  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
You what I find the funniest. Is you argue greatest dmg normally on T4 by killing your efficiency and then argue about efficiency whenever anyone brings up AM2.

Make up your mind

Even nuking with Ebullience, SCH is 30% more efficient than BLM just considering MP cost. That's assuming both are using T4 rather than AM2 like you said. SCH also has the bonus of at least 30% Fast Cast, but that's irrelevant.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 16:56:33  
I'd like to see this 30% increased efficiency without parsimony. Be sure to factor in your weather spell. I'd love to see this fuzzy math
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-01 17:01:04  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'd love to see this fuzzy math

10% + 20% = 30%

I'm sorry if the concept confuses you.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-01 17:03:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Make up your mind

Who are you talking to when you say "you," exactly? I can only assume it's me, but in that case please tell me where I said anything about efficiency in this thread ever.

But since you did bring it up, you could start by explaining to me how Ebullience kills efficiency. It may be less efficient than Parsimony but it still boosts efficiency. Regardless, even if i choose to "kill" my efficiency by using Ebullience you'll notice that the nuke damage is higher than BLM and the MP cost is still lower because of Dark Arts. Still seems pretty efficient to me.

Two hypothetical situations:

1)Short fight where epeen damage is valued over efficiency:

SCH will be using Ebullience to match or exceed BLM nukes (while still being more efficient anyway). You could argue that SCH is slightly more limited because they don't have AM2 and they can't apply weather to every nuke unless they are constantly changing storms. However, as you can see from above screenshots, AM2 is hardly even worth mentioning anymore since Stone V is almost just as good (perfect BLM does only ~50 damage more with AM2).

It's also worth mentioning that SCH casting time is VERY much faster than BLM so even if a few of their nukes that aren't bolstered by weather fall short of BLM's numbers they're going to get more nukes out faster anyway.

2) Long fight where efficiency is valued over epeen damage:

There isn't even a contest here.

Either way, SCH wins or can at least be a fierce competitor. Whether or not BLM or SCH will shine in situation #1 IS of course situational (mob weakness, whether or not you're MBing, etc). All I'm trying to illustrate is that this talk about SCH's inability to nuke anything at all like a BLM can is nonsense. If you're trying to argue with me about what job is better in general you're fighting the wrong battle.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-01 17:12:28  
Enternius said:
Dasva said:
I'd love to see this fuzzy math

10% + 20% = 30%

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 17:17:29  
Siren.Enternius said:
10% + 20% = 30%

Siren.Enternius said:
Even nuking with Ebullience, SCH is 30% more efficient than BLM just considering MP cost
Want to try again?

But before you do even do that I will poke holes in it.

1. You aren't doing 20% more dmg. Even in the exact same gear (which would make for a sucky blm) you at most are doing 8% more without weather which you clearly didn't factor in so not counting that.

2. You can't just add factors like that. For that matter you can't add -10% to a +20% lol. parsimony is really 11% increase in efficiency

If you were going to factor it like that it would really be 33.3% more efficient.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-01 17:23:22  
I like how Dasva takes everything out of context to make his argument look better.

1. He is doing 20% more damage than what he normally would do without Ebullience. That is a 20% increase in efficiency. Nobody said anything about a 20% increase in efficiency over what you would do on BLM.

Dasva said:
parsimony is really 11% increase in effiency

Context please. Parsimony on a single nuke is indeed a 50% increase in efficiency on that nuke. You might argue that under some set of special circumstances, Parsimony works out to an 11% increase in efficiency over some time period.

Edit: You're correct, you can't just add efficiencies like that. But you're kind of putting your foot in your mouth since the boost in efficiency is in fact 33.3% instead of 30%.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 17:28:34  
Sorry I mean arts not parsimony. Pars would be 100%.

And actually someone did say something about efficiency over blm. If you read it he didn't say 30% increase in efficient for him he said over a blm.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-01 17:31:25  
My bad on that one, sorry. Seems I'm not on quite the same page with Enternius XD but that was the point I was trying to make anyway, that it's still a significant efficiency increase for the SCH's nuke, not considering BLM.
 Bismarck.Hbar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lumos
By Bismarck.Hbar 2010-07-01 18:15:40  
I haven't read this whole thread, so please excuse me if this has already been said....

I am only upset at two things at this point

1) That SCH doesn't get to use accession with Haste (please don't flame me for this, but I was really looking forward to this, as were all the players I ever play with)

2) I would give it all up for MORE STRATEGEMS!!!!! there aren't enough at level 75, let alone any higher. WTF?

A SCH can't do sh$% without their strategems, and that is what I always run out of at the most crucial moments.
To be honest, I hardly ever use anything but accession, cuz I don't have enough strategems to use the other ones at my disposal.

Well, just my 2 cents, I know I will get some flames, but that is your problem.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-07-01 18:36:12  
Bismarck.Hbar said:
I am only upset at two one things at this point.

1) That taru wimmin have to wear pants and don't get a skirt!

HI Hbar :D, Congrats again on your relic head! :)

And I'm content right now with Scholar. I joined a manaburn yesterday with 2 BLMs synced to 76. I always had MP and did about 300-400 DMG less per nuke, but at the same time (since apparently running from a Flan who is smashing their face is beyond their comprehension), I was able to help pre buff i.e. Weather, Shell, and use Regen II when needed to help offset the stupidity of Flan hugging BLMs :|
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-01 19:05:11  
4 charges is enough most of the time if you are managing them properly. But most SCH don't, like I think it's kind of stupid when I see people using Accession > Firestorm when you could just do single target without much more trouble and save a charge every 3 minutes, which really adds up. For the same reason I don't really care that they didn't give us Accession > Haste.

Anyway, if you're really in a bind you could always use Tabula Rasa to restore them all instantly. We'll also probably get more charges at higher levels. If the current trend continues we'll have 5 at level 90.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 19:16:46  
Normal situations I'd say hastega is meh. However hastegaing other pts... like say 1 outside mage hastegaing entire alliances is kinda cool. Or if you got a pl you can just hastega your xp pt without having to have to have it in pt

Though for support almost thing outside AOE nas and cures are cooler but meh.
 Bismarck.Hbar
By Bismarck.Hbar 2010-07-01 23:25:30  
Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Bismarck.Hbar said:
I am only upset at two one things at this point.

1) That taru wimmin have to wear pants and don't get a skirt!

HI Hbar :D, Congrats again on your relic head! :)

And I'm content right now with Scholar. I joined a manaburn yesterday with 2 BLMs synced to 76. I always had MP and did about 300-400 DMG less per nuke, but at the same time (since apparently running from a Flan who is smashing their face is beyond their comprehension), I was able to help pre buff i.e. Weather, Shell, and use Regen II when needed to help offset the stupidity of Flan hugging BLMs :|

OH YEAH, that should be my #1, where is my damned skirt?....I remember being pissed about that when I first got the thing.
Thanks about the hat....that seems like ages ago now ^^

I can do puddings by myself, and I know BLM's can too, so I don't know where you found those two guys LOL Glad you were able to help them ^^
If I HAVE to, I zone from the puddings...I am not stupid :D

Still, we need more strategems!!!!
That is the bread and butter of the sch, and they can't use them cuz there aren't enough.
 Bismarck.Hbar
By Bismarck.Hbar 2010-07-01 23:29:06  
BTW, the Argute hat isn't all that great really, and the feet I NEVER use....but I still had to have them :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Hbar
By Bismarck.Hbar 2010-07-01 23:35:18  
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
If the current trend continues we'll have 5 at level 90.

I thought we should have had 5 at 75, then maybe 6 at 90, and 7 at 99

Yeah, that's the ticket! :D
(and would make me very happy)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-07-02 03:07:25  
Yeah it's excellent on high resist mobs but the biggest appeal to Argute Mortarboard in my opinion is the Fast Cast. It's really a great piece if you macro it in properly.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-07-03 11:00:42  
So, if SCH is that much better than BLM, they why doesn't SE just get rid of BLM, since it's so LOL?
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-07-03 11:27:57  
So wait.. wait.

He is trying to say if you compare BLM highest spell vs sch's the blm would win, but sch cant use abilities? Lol

So. you Get to use AMII And we cant use any strats?

First off your AM II DMG Vs Cost alone would kick your ***.

Secondly if you want blm to use the best it has to offe for max dmg (And NOT efficiency) then sch can use all they have to offer to compete.

In the end sch gonna beat you ^^

(Ps. My sch sucks and always loses ; ; /tear)
 Ragnarok.Ezzi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Serey
By Ragnarok.Ezzi 2010-07-03 11:29:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone said:
So, if SCH is that much better than BLM, they why doesn't SE just get rid of BLM, since it's so LOL?

SCH is better than BLM for conserving MP but nothing will bring firepower to the battlefield like a BLM can, BLM have much higher elemental magic and can deal out quick flashes of damage with just a Tier 3 during endgame, where as SCH would need to buff completely then decide on potency or mp conserving which is where the two are differenced, even though i love scholar. i favor BLM