War Room

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Suggestions » War Room
War Room
By Facet 2010-06-12 14:20:12  
Being that the game is not released yet, it may be too soon to make any guesses as to the "home base" direction FFXIV may take. I think that the central Mog House in FFXI was a valuable asset to the game, that helped it to stand apart and gave each player a stronger feeling of association with the game, with an organized warehouse/storage structure.

One thing that always seemed underdeveloped to me was the amount of marking one could do to the maps that you collect through the game. I know it's a bit late for this addition to FFXI, and this assumes that a similar function will be available for FFXIV, but my suggestion would be that of a War Room addition to the mog house, either available from the get-go or a furnishing-type option for players for whom the following isn't really a big deal, like a globe or a map table.

Anyway, the main point of this is that a player could view all maps that have been collected, for any zone, in the mog house, and do detailed markings such as coloured lines to indicate paths, circles to indicate sub-regions (like NM pop areas or camp locations), and an overlay text description of pinpoint markers. Like for example, you'd see a marked point on a map that says "good camp", and when you place cursor overtop, a little text box would pop up where you could submit comments.

Any changes made to the maps would then be there for you to peruse while actually navigating the zone, which would further reduce the use of 3rd-party .dat mods on maps and stuff like is found in FFXI.

Thoughts?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-12 16:42:08  
How about if they make the maps on FFXIV easier instead of being such a pain on the ***? SE has no sence of direction and a lot of things have been badly built that decieve the eye way too many times, now, I don't know if this is on purpose, weather it is or not, how about if they make maps easier to handle on the other game.

and I like your idea for marking the maps.