users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Kunwu ore synth level
Kunwu ore synth level
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-06-09 10:09:29  
Does anyone know what level the kunwu ore -> iron level is? Roughly? I have a few around and didn't want to attempt the synth if it was super high or something, I can't find the number anywhere.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-09 10:40:15  
Odd, could have sworn this was a listed recipe, guess not... I'd have to guess low 90's, comparing it to Molybdenum Ore and the level or recipes they're both in.
By Raldo 2010-06-09 10:42:36  
I would suggest taking a trip to your nearby Smithing Guild and asking them for a recipe list, if it's not in any of the lists you have access to, you probably can't make it. Someone correct me if SE purposefully leaves certain recipes out of their lists, I haven't done extensive checking. If you do find it in one of the lists, the recipes are ordered in the list by their synth level (I think).

Judging by the fact that it's only used in a high-level smithing synth, it's likely to be 90+.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-09 10:47:53  
Not sure the NPC's work like that. One NPC offers a random recipe for you to skill-up on, which is, I think, 5-10 levels higher than your current level (I used to know, but I forgots). The other NPC gives you all recipes by rank, so since he's not yet Artisan rank, he won't get the Artisan recipes in list form... I think? <_<
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-06-09 11:17:15  
Makes sense. I'm sure I can do the synth now (I'm at 87+2), but I was hoping to find out if it was like 91 vs. 93 vs. 95, since that affects when I'd actually try to do it. If I get lucky enough to get skillups on the ones I have, I'll post a note where I was at :)
 Leviathan.Hubie
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hubie
By Leviathan.Hubie 2010-06-10 15:38:10  
For some reason i had always assumed it was 93, but not sure why i think that. Sheets are usually a little higher, and before the Smiths Ring i used to HQ quite a few sheets. Good times