The Bora Axe ws looks pretty sweet
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 10:49:55  
Tristean said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm gunna laugh if you have to have the mythic weapons to use those ws like they show the people in the vid having lol
They would need to come up with more WS's becausue not all the jobs are seen using new WS's
Well yeah. But since when have they every full released any info lol? Either way I'd still laugh. Or if they made it campiagn only like the last set of ws's

But yeah I admit they might just have been showing off some mythics even the bad horrible ones.
 Bahamut.Nixak
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2010-06-04 10:52:21  
So what WS is Rdm going to have? I've looked at the video and I just cannot tell who is what other then the Sam, Nin, and Drg.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-04 10:54:40  
RDM probably gets Sanguine Sword. If you need a Mythic weapon for this I'm gonna be pissed because I just tossed my Sturdy Axe.
 Hades.Ethereal
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Ethereal 2010-06-04 10:55:14  
Bahamut.Nixak said:
So what WS is Rdm going to have? I've looked at the video and I just cannot tell who is what other then the Sam, Nin, and Drg.
Im pretty sure rdm will get the sword ws. Possibly the dagger one too.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 10:56:02  
I'm still willing to bet, just as arbitrary example.

Infernal Scythe: Player should still use Guillotine, Chance of Guillotine being more effective varies with TP.

I have to put on pessimism cap, because last time, even really cool looking WS's dissapointed bad. Insurgency for Example, was inferior to Guillotine, though Skillchain friendly.

Though Some jobs, LIke Warrior and Draoon got absolutely amazing weapon skills (And now they're probably in for their fair share of derp,b y the looks of it. lol)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 10:56:31  
Lol looking back at it again I just noticed the nin is DWing 2 mythics.

Not to mention homam/askar gear combine with mythic staff/club lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-04 10:58:19  
Asura.Masekase said:
Looking at these weapon skills are the weapons they are using in the game allready ?

Because I dont recognise them esp drks one. Which makes me think these are gonna come from the magians trials and be a *** too get.

the weapons they are using are mostly mythic but also includes relic GSW as well as a brass jadgana and i think an orchi lance model, etc just to look cool, along with the gear they use are all sets of some kind.
 Valefor.Whitetiger
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2010-06-04 10:59:14  
By WS:

Tornado Kick: Meh, 2 hit, similar to dragon kick woo
Blade: Yu: LAWL Another elemental WS for NIN, I sorry NINs
Aeolian Edge: Looks gimp and possibly AoE?
Numbing Shot: Badass but it looks like it melees? Must be done at close range maybe?
Sanguine Blade: Oh my god! Another Draining WS like Catastrophe! YES YES YES!
Bora Axe: Looks like a Mistral Axe+3.... I like the ice effects.
Herculean Slash: Dissappointing, didn't like it at all, looks gimp.
Cataclysm: Staff WS, not much I can say there.
Infernal Scythe: Looks gimp yet again, 1 hit WS that doesn't look cool, pincers PINCH!
Tachi: Ageha: The most gimp of all of these weaponskills. 1 Hit plain out POKE of damage, maybe this'll be the path to an easy light?
Sonic Thrust: As a DRG, this WS looks sweet but it also looks ranged, like Mistral Axe. The Damage might be similar to Wheeling Thrust but ranged, idk.
Flash Nova: Looks sweet but 1 hit, idk about damage. Additional Effect: Flash maybe?
Refulgent Arrow: Not going to lie, I expected more, looks like a hit that'll ignore DEF for high levels possibly.
Fell Cleave: MY FAVORITE! 2 Hit similar to steel Cyclone movements, looks like King's Justice a little though. I predict high numbers in damage with this WS.

Theres my opinion of all of them.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 11:03:44  
Valefor.Whitetiger said:
Numbing Shot: Badass but it looks like it melees? Must be done at close range maybe?
Looks pretty much just like Blast shot to me. Even the animation is more or less the same. And yeah Blast shot is pretty close range
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 11:05:41  
Valefor.Whitetiger said:
By WS:

Bora Axe: Looks like a Mistral Axe 3.... I like the ice effects.
Infernal Scythe: Looks gimp yet again, 1 hit WS that doesn't look cool, pincers PINCH!
Tachi: Ageha: The most gimp of all of these weaponskills. 1 Hit plain out POKE of damage, maybe this'll be the path to an easy light?
Sonic Thrust: As a DRG, this WS looks sweet but it also looks ranged, like Mistral Axe. The Damage might be similar to Wheeling Thrust but ranged, idk.
Flash Nova: Looks sweet but 1 hit, idk about damage. Additional Effect: Flash maybe?
Refulgent Arrow: Not going to lie, I expected more, looks like a hit that'll ignore DEF for high levels possibly.
Fell Cleave: MY FAVORITE! 2 Hit similar to steel Cyclone movements, looks like King's Justice a little though. I predict high numbers in damage with this WS.

I don't see how you can like the DRG one and not the SAM one, they are the same thing, except SAM one has sparkly butterflies (look close!)
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-04 11:09:26  
Valefor.Whitetiger said:
By WS:

Bora Axe: Looks like a Mistral Axe 3.... I like the ice effects.

how are you seeing 2 hit form fell cleave? im seeing steel cyclone from a f hume which only makes contact once
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-04 11:11:45  
oh dear, they all look bs to me. They really didn't take a long time making these. I want PLD to get that ws from Campaign not this bs draining poke >.> Uriel blade or something (looks like savage blade but you get wings when you jump and when you hit the ground light comes out) this stuff is all lame, ALL lame, sjsjsjssjsjsjsjsj
By Tristean 2010-06-04 11:13:43  
I feel sorry for SE. Tough Crowd.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-04 11:16:50  
Feel sorry for SE??! what I dont even...

They deserve no pity from us

lazy bunch of devs get nothing done until the very last minute.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 11:18:00  
It's obvious Tachi: Ageha is going to be all the rage for GKT wielding Ninjars.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Tristean 2010-06-04 11:20:20  
Personally I would rather the Dev team have priority on other content to make sure that everyone and their mom doesn't quit when this update comes. WS's should not be their priority IMO.

So yes, I feel sorry for SE. This is a big update that has already caused lots of people to quit.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-04 11:20:59  
Wouldn't need mythic base weapon since there isnt one for great sword.

And, its always funny people *** about stuff without even knowing what it does or how its going to work.
 Leviathan.Rynok
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rynok 2010-06-04 11:21:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
Valefor.Whitetiger said:
By WS: Tornado Kick: Meh, 2 hit, similar to dragon kick woo Blade: Yu: LAWL Another elemental WS for NIN, I sorry NINs Aeolian Edge: Looks gimp and possibly AoE? Numbing Shot: Badass but it looks like it melees? Must be done at close range maybe? Sanguine Blade: Oh my god! Another Draining WS like Catastrophe! YES YES YES! Bora Axe: Looks like a Mistral Axe 3.... I like the ice effects. Herculean Slash: Dissappointing, didn't like it at all, looks gimp. Cataclysm: Staff WS, not much I can say there. Infernal Scythe: Looks gimp yet again, 1 hit WS that doesn't look cool, pincers PINCH! Tachi: Ageha: The most gimp of all of these weaponskills. 1 Hit plain out POKE of damage, maybe this'll be the path to an easy light? Sonic Thrust: As a DRG, this WS looks sweet but it also looks ranged, like Mistral Axe. The Damage might be similar to Wheeling Thrust but ranged, idk. Flash Nova: Looks sweet but 1 hit, idk about damage. Additional Effect: Flash maybe? Refulgent Arrow: Not going to lie, I expected more, looks like a hit that'll ignore DEF for high levels possibly. Fell Cleave: MY FAVORITE! 2 Hit similar to steel Cyclone movements, looks like King's Justice a little though. I predict high numbers in damage with this WS. Theres my opinion of all of them.
how are you seeing 2 hit form fell cleave? im seeing steel cyclone from a f hume which only makes contact once

If you will notice, there are actually 2 of those animations. When it swings from righ to left, it hits, then makes contact with a sort of explosion, then another explosion follows shortly after a little to the left of the first.

On another note, I was wondering what ppl thought about the fact that each character using these new ws were using mythic weapon. Could it be another Nyzul Isle-like ws? Will you either have to have mythic or something equivalent for it, or was this just SE propaganda for players to look into mythic over relic? Thoughts or other possibilities?
By Tristean 2010-06-04 11:25:12  
I'm betting my money on magian trail WS's coming from an already fully upgraded magian weapon.

Or you have to start a new magian weapon. Back at square one again. /sigh

Why would a mythic weapon have two WS's? Does that mean relic weapons get two WS's too?
 Alexander.Vixia
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vixia
By Alexander.Vixia 2010-06-04 11:28:43  
Refulgent Arrow:
refulgent
\rih-FUL-juhnt\ , adjective;
Shining brightly; radiant; brilliant; resplendent

in before it does additional light damage based on tp and MIND
trueflight v2 for archery oh yay

lol XD
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-04 11:28:44  
I have a feeling we will get them from new skill level.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-06-04 11:30:20  
Leviathan.Rynok said:
On another note, I was wondering what ppl thought about the fact that each character using these new ws were using mythic weapon. Could it be another Nyzul Isle-like ws? Will you either have to have mythic or something equivalent for it, or was this just SE propaganda for players to look into mythic over relic? Thoughts or other possibilities?
Not all of them. Numbing Shot... well, it was hard to tell, due to it being a Taru and the animation kinda hid it, but it certainly wasn't Death Penalty. May have been Annihilator. Herculean Slash was with Ragnarok, though. And Cataclysm was just a plain old staff. Sonic Thrust was a plain lance, as well (looked like Fay Lance). Flash Nova was just a Brass Jadagna. Refulgent Arrow was a normal bow (looked like Selene's, I think).
By Tristean 2010-06-04 11:32:39  
or this^
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-04 11:33:08  
im betting u gain them like normal WS w/o questing. People assuming you need anything like mythic are just being silly. Magian quest however could be one way, as they already did mention adding a quest to enhance WS, so maybe it is referring to these?

as for fell cleave i still only see 1 hit with an effect that takes place on contact with like a sonic boom effect after hitting
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-04 11:37:06  
Woulda been nice to see actual dmg that these ws's were producing (atleast for me anyway). Some nice looking weapons tho like that GA and Scythe.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-04 11:39:06  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Tristean said:
I feel sorry for SE. Tough Crowd.
Well, usually when someone (SE) wants to act tough with their newly added "muscle" it's gotta have zaz! Like this:

And I thought America only had all of the...inappropriate stuff.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-04 11:40:38  
The GA will probably be a 1 hit since it's Steel Cyclone's motion but it has flashy effects. Metsu is a 1 hit but it looks like a 3 hit so you can't tell until it comes out. For all we know SE could be really annoying and make the Scythe WS a 2 hit where the pincer things are the 2 hits >_>
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7