A good example of Ihinas logic:

[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-06-05 03:53:38  
Quote:
Didn't I already tell you you're doing it wrong?

edit: ...and seriously. It took you that long to do that much?

Just. Shut the hell up. I damn well know I am doing it wrong.

But you know what? You're doing nothing. I'm at least trying to solve this bitchfest. I want to know which dagger combination is better on paper. You guys can't seem to pull your head out of your *** long enough to fill me in.

Lastly. I don't give a damn what the TP/minute ratio is. I can't use that number without knowing the math behind it. Mind filling me in?

Or am I not worthy?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure my failed math actually says that P.harpe/blau is better. You should've just agreed with me and quit while you were ahead.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 03:56:40  
Hard to respond during Salvage.

Wrong again, Mr.Flionheart.

You know there is another option between right and wrong, do you know what it is?

Quote:
You're only shooting yourself in the foot and making excuses buddeh.

There is a difference between an reason and an excuse. Do you know what it is?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-05 03:58:30  
Bismarck.Ihina said:

You know there is another option between right and wrong, do you know what it is?

Quote:

More fluff, trying to avoid providing math.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 04:00:24  
Bismarck.Ihina said:

Quote:

Either way you're dancing around the fact that you need evidence to support your theory which you have yet to do and refuse to. Therefore, you're basically full of ***until you show us otherwise.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-05 04:03:25  
wow.... and i thought i seen it all
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 04:14:52  
I'm not petty enough to say things just to win arguments.

Who do you think i am? You guys?

And if you must know, Blau/Sirocco does win by approximately 1%, which brings me back to my original thesis: That the difference between the blau/sir and the p.harpe/blau is so little that it's not worth noting.

Now that we've come this far, lets take it to the next step.

Blau/Sirocco wins by 1%, but how practical is it? Blau/Sirocco, on average, gains tp, with the rest of the gear, in about 35-45 seconds, unbuffed. Your SA/TA timers are 50-60 seconds. That means you're sitting on TP for about 5-15 seconds every attack round. Of course, when you sit on TP, your blau goes from a 33dmg/16atk/5acc weapon to simply a 26dmg weapon. Since P.harpe/Blau gains TP a little slower, that means there's less time sitting on TP, assuming you choose to go the stacking route.

Of course, you do have the option of firing off your TP immediately, but how practical is that against anything stronger than merit birds(of course I mean merit birds with haste and 4 buffs)? Not very. Unbuff, you'd be lucky to get the same results spliting them up against Ts.

And before anyone brings it up, you're never going to be fully buffed (haste/4 buffs) outside of a merit party besides zergs. There, with capped out haste, you're going to WS every 30 seconds anyways regardless of whether you use one or the other, so that's moot.

Of course, no math here, I'm simply speaking through that little thing called experience. You're welcome to prove me wrong here too, but you really should ask yourself: Do you really want to do all this again?

Who wants to keep going with me?

Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 04:15:50  
Exactly how many times are you guys going to 'call me out' on not providing math? It's getting pretty ridiculous.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-05 04:17:22  
See, how hard was that? Now at least you have a basis for an argument. Next time just provide the information right away, it stops you from looking like a jackass.

disappointed at the lack of math though.

All you seem to be doing is eyeballing everything. Hey, I'm an experienced monk... Footwork is the best way to go. I haven't got math, but I'm an experienced monk.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-05 04:17:51  
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Exactly how many times are you guys going to 'call me out' on not providing math? It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Until you do. put up, or shut up.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-05 04:22:02  
I'll be back in a few hours or so, need to run some errands. I wonder if the math will be provided by the time I come back :o
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 04:22:34  
That's interesting. So you're ok with me not proving math as long as it gets the results you want? You guys were calling my numbers worthless earlier, but now everything's cool? Why are these numbers legit but my previous numbers weren't?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 04:22:48  
I'd rather see a parse result over the course of many battles on numerous mobs/bosses than see your repetitive nonsense and complete and utter lack of anything tangible to help prove your case.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 04:24:34  
Pretty hard to repeat nonsense when I didn't intend to prove a point to begin with.

Generic internet argument, grasping at straws, etc
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 04:27:08  
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Pretty hard to repeat nonsense when I didn't intend to prove a point to begin with.

Generic internet argument, grasping at straws, etc

Then please shut up already.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 04:29:19  
Umm, no? Tell me why I should? So many people have things they want to say to me. Don't tell me you want me to ignore them? That's pretty heartless.
 Ramuh.Tousou
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-05 04:47:17  
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Don't tell me you want me to ignore them? That's pretty heartless.

Lol'd

I am rather entertained at the back and forth. Please don't stop D:
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 04:55:55  
Only if you tell me the source of your avatar. That's so kawaii desu~
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-05 05:04:59  
No idea. I decided a long while ago to go with a consistent Avatar theme, and came across it during my hunt.

I want to say it's been maybe a year or so, with some minor swaps here and there(Lugia for the release of HG/SS, li'l blue dancin' man, and Gadget Hackwrench).

And since we're on the subject, I <3 you avatar as well, 'specially when it syncs to my music.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 05:22:28  
Oh, here watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sib2L6A6xgw

Always looking to make more people into Touhou fans.

I guess everyone else is done though. Spend the whole day ganging up on one person, cussing, throwing random insults and whatnot at him, insulting his THF, insulting his intelligence, telling him that he 'lost', telling him to 'shut up', finding/using anything and everything they can just for the sake of trying to put him down. Little did they know that this person's been on the internet half his life and have met some impressive people. Little did they know that they're nothing more than an annoyoance, despite all their vulgar words being tossed around. They just didn't seem to understand that you can't put down anyone reasonable over the internet, because, ya know, this is the internet. By not caring about winning, that person automatically wins in the greatest way possible. By being obsessive about 'winning', they automatically lose. It's quite the paradox, isn't it?

Not that I expect generic internet trolls to understand.

Oops, did I just tick someone off?
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-05 05:39:10  
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Oh, here watch the video.

Always looking to make more people into Touhou fans.

The word "Touhou" always confuses me. You mean it as in the Project:

Or does it have a more general meaning amongst Otaku, Fans, Interwebbers?
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-05 05:42:07  
I'm curious as to what is getting bickered at now... are we still doing the dagger crap?

My god this thing has gone on what now, nearly 12 hours?

Ihina, none of this would have happened if you did start wtih the subpar gear thing in the first place. You lost back on page 4-6 somewhere and just couldn't let it go no matter what.

There is no winner here anyhow. Nightfyre answered the actually question nearly 21 some hours ago and this thread is nothing but flogging a dead horse.

I'm not even going to bother reading the last 6 pages since I've been gone, but I'd like to request a thread lock to end this stupidity.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 06:06:21  
Touhou is simply a collection of side scrolling shooters games akin to Raiden. What's special about it are first, the beautiful and complex pattern of bullets found in the game, as shown in the screenshot itself, making it rather difficult yet highly addictive. They're all beatable(or rather, avoidable) btw, not that I can do it.

Second are the vast amounts of interesting and attractive(Did I mention the whole cast for every game are all girls?) characters that can be found in the game, each with unique and individual personalities and interrelationships which gave birth to god-knows how much fan-made material, which is really the driving force behind the whole franchise. Same can be said about Vocaloids, which is something entirely different, yet has a huge following for the same reason.
Quote:
I'm curious as to what is getting bickered at now... are we still doing the dagger crap?

My god this thing has gone on what now, nearly 12 hours?

Ihina, none of this would have happened if you did start wtih the subpar gear thing in the first place. You lost back on page 4-6 somewhere and just couldn't let it go no matter what.

There is no winner here anyhow. Nightfyre answered the actually question nearly 21 some hours ago and this thread is nothing but flogging a dead horse.

I'm not even going to bother reading the last 6 pages since I've been gone, but I'd like to request a thread lock to end this stupidity.

Personally, I don't get what's so offensive about saying "Aim for gear that can get you by that's easy to get, then start aiming for the best in each slot". Not like I kicked someone's dog or anything. Not only did I say that that's simply my opinion, I've also stated that I can respect the opinion of individuals who wish to make every small increment along the way to obtaining the best gear.

Then, half a dozen people jumped out at me. I'm willing to bet that half of them don't even know why they started it either. Tis is a life of an internet troll, I guess.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-05 06:37:04  
OMG ><;

/slowclap

I read through this entire thread.

I could not believe Ihina would not, did not, has not backed down at all:p

At first I was leaning toward "this is kind of immature, who gives a ***"

but the sheer length and stamina of the exchange has left me with, "idc who is right, bravo for the spectacle!":D

it's like a train wreck that turns into a forest fire

senseless, needless, totally awesome:D
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-05 06:42:36  
But I think this entire brawl was just simple power/dynamics/issues of people perceived Ihina to be arrogant so they did everything in their power to put him in his place.

I wish people would stop focusing on the "issues" and start seeing the emotions behind the endless debate / "logic" and just settle down:p

Give respect. Get respect.

People may not have the best gear now, but as long as they have pride and skill they can aim/work toward the good ***:)
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 06:54:35  
Oh this is nothing. You should see me on gamefaqs. I maximum limit per post there is like 6k letters or so. I was exchanging 4-5 posts with people at a time, hitting up hundreds of posts, spanning weeks at a time.

I probably don't have the patience to do that anymore though <_> ...though I can see myself lasting a few days.

Of course over there, with a higher population, once in awhile I would run into someone I could really respect for their intelligence, so it was much more fun than just sitting here and taking internet abuse as if it was suppose to mean something to me
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-05 06:59:40  
Wow, I learnt something today.

THF building TP in less than 60 seconds is useless.

I will have to remember that.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-05 07:05:33  
I would go as far as agree that anyone playing a melee job that takes longer than 60 seconds to build TP is useless, bar super high evasion mobs.
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2010-06-05 07:22:41  
I heard CHR increses the haste rate!
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-05 07:37:36