users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Relic Gear
Relic Gear
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-06 11:19:57  
I think its mostly luck in regards to drops...I know it seems like ages especially when you're after something. The shell I was in for 2 yrs had only seen thf hands drop like once...then within about 5 runs we went 6/5 with the last run dropping 2 of em within 2 mob deaths. IMO this is just part of SE's offbalanced game code when it comes to drop rates. All I can say is hang in there..it'll make em much more worthwhile when you do get em.
 Cerberus.Sotel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sotels
By Cerberus.Sotel 2010-06-06 11:34:02  
I'm 5/5 DNC Relic set (My LS is yet to do Valkurm some point so I'm sure I'll have fun getting the Accessory lol)

I got Tights my first Beauc Iceland run after I finally got access to it. Took the other DNC a few months till another dropped the last few mins of a run, unfortunately some one was AFK so he didn't get them and had to wait a further few months.

The Etoile Casaque I got on my first Xarc run after I got access to it just before we stopped doing runs for Christmas, was overjoyed when I got it.

The Tiara took a fair few Bastok runs, and so did the bangles with windy. With it eventually being the Feet I needed that next to never dropped in jeuno. But I got them eventually from Qufim where it just rains Relic gear lol.

I agree with what others have said, it will suddenly start dropping a lot after you no longer need it. XD

Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-06 12:25:32  
Ive been looking for legs for months now.

Bout 15 Tavs and many many beauc.

1 tav i missed.. they dropped. Go figure
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-06-06 15:34:51  
ouchies..believe I got my dnc legs and the -1 legs in the exact same tavnazia right after each other and it was a run I didnt want to go to.

just figures, if you want it, its not going to drop. If you dont want it, then it dorps alot.
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2010-06-06 15:43:57  
When you actually need something, it wont drop.

Its science!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Andromida
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Andromida
By Lakshmi.Andromida 2010-06-06 15:55:40  
I had all my relic before I got 75, I even upgrade to HQ relic legs and replaced it lol, but this was like a when dnc relic was added to dyna and few people had DNC above 37
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-06 16:38:16  
Could be worse. All the runs I go on, we get PUP and BST. Without fail, every time. Always freelot too. As well as a random piece here and there. But ALWAYS PUP and BST. >.>
By Tristean 2010-06-07 00:59:51  
We did sandy tonight(I know no DNC drops here) but we only had one relic drop.

I lol'd. But we did get HQ... so I guess that's decent. I'd still like to get the RNG pants from there.

Perhaps I should talk my shell into doing a qufim run...
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2010-06-07 01:17:19  
From our Dyna runs this is hard to believe, it rains DNC and SCH in almost every zone we do and nobody wants the stuff -.-
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-07 01:24:42  
CoP zones seem to have a much much better drop rate on City Relic armor, should give that a try.

Can't vouch for Tavn... but i can for Bub/Valk/Quf!

Either way it is all random =x, hope you get it soon.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-06-07 01:34:44  
I've been doing dynamis pretty steady for the past 4 years of FFXI. For some reason I sorta started to think the drops had something to do with enter time or perhaps moonphase, but this is just eyeballing it. We tend to always enter on New moon or Full moon cause of our times. In my shell right now, the only armor that seems to not exist is PLD body. The shell I am in, has been around for over a year now, never a single PLD body, which drops in Xarcabard. THF armlets are pretty rare in our shell too. Can never have too much Treasure Hunter :O Yet I hear about PLD and THF dropping like crazy in other shells, while relic armor like RDM is very rare for that shell; We get RDM to drop all the time. I wanna say that in the past 2 months, with 4 Xarcabard runs we have obtained 6 RDM hats. 3 Duelist's Chapeau dropped in the same run, 2 more the next run, and then another hat our last run which was Wednesday. I have been in line for SCH feet (Windurst) for months now on the lock list... and I haven't seen a single pair, but our other zones we get SCH drop np. Over the years I've been in a few different LS's and I have just assumed its all luck based; kinda like how this entire game is. Each LS I was in bad completly different "rare" relic drops for that LS when comparing them to the next one. My best opinion is its all luck... or quite possibly depends on the enter time/moon phase... but who knows really.. At any rate, Goodluck on your DNC relic. If you keep at it you'll be rewarded in the end- and you'll be happy u stuck it out. Comming from someone who has obtained over 10 sets of Relic sets!(lol). =p
 Asura.Yurisaki
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-06-07 11:20:14  
i was lucky and went 1/1 with all but body saw 4 drop one Zarc run sadly i was 5th in line ; ; not been since.
By reaperofsoul 2010-06-08 07:40:43  
only piece i had trouble getting was the hat... had the cape before i ever got it.