フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Lowbie WAR suggestions
Lowbie WAR suggestions
 Phoenix.Raigne
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-05-28 12:03:54  
Hey everyone :)

Looking for some gear input as far as my 46WAR goes, seeing as I have no idea what to look for, what would be better, etc.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=158980

My current gearset ^

Pretty much anything goes, would prefer cheap/free options (I know about Voyager Sallet, just unable to get people for Dobsonfly) since I've only got like 300k to my name, with other jobs to pimp out before WAR.

Thanks already :D
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-28 12:05:51  
Phoenix.Raigne said:

Until higher levels I think you are pretty much spot on.

Pizza is probably the best food for most of the time, but may need sushi at times.
 Phoenix.Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-05-28 12:10:36  
Ah, thanks for showing that in box form. I didn't think pizza would do me much good at this low level because it's a percentage-based food? Or is skill+DEX high enough at 46 to get a decent chunk of acc out of pizza?

Also, should I ever consider dual-wielding axes, during say 55-60 when I'll have Rampage but not RR yet?

Edit: typo hurpdurp
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-28 12:14:44  
You won't get much acc from pizza, but you will get more than from Jack-o-lanterns (common low level acc food).

Obviously a meat or sushi would give more att or acc (respectively) but as you EXP its hard to know if you will need acc or att, so pizza is a good fit, as it give a bit of both (and lasts a whole party if you don't die).

Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-05-28 12:47:35  
Crab/Sole sushi is your friend just depends on how much you wanna spend for food.

I am the lazy person and don't make gear sets til im in the 70's..the early lvl's just go by to fast to keep making gear sets. But so far your looking pretty good..keep it up your almost to Raging Rush!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-28 12:50:35  
so i suppose the Luisant set is right out? :(

i <3 that set, still have it in case of level sync
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-28 12:52:08  
Try getting a jaguar mantle, its questable or you can buy it. (for when you hit 47)

Also having an xbow with status bolts never hurts to have if your markmanship is capped. (gear macros with r.acc will greatly help landing bolts)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-28 12:55:39  
Personally I used Eisentaenzer at 46, and upgraded to Schwarz Axt at 56 (though I was being cheap and getting whatever r/e stuff I could XD)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-28 12:57:43  
Polearm with Sushi at 54+ (whenever you're at birds basically) and a 504 GA for easy 6hit when you can eat pizza on normal mobs.
 Phoenix.Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-05-28 18:33:37  
Luisant set is definitely out the window, I think one piece of that would blow my entire stash of gil. Was looking at an Eisentaenzer myself, for now. Thanks for the tips~
 Caitsith.Lerond
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Lerond
By Caitsith.Lerond 2010-05-29 05:07:10  
Combat Casters Boomerang +1 is cheap and thats 4 acc in the conquest area's outside your controll, doesnt work outside conquest areas unfortunately though.

Not sure if your like 0/??? on bounding boots but if you sell those leaping you can put your money to spike finger gauntlets :) GL.
 Fenrir.Vacian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-05-29 06:59:44  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18726 ammolvl50
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17240 ammolvl55

thats about all i can give you, like someone said spot on for that level, I had the mini hauby when i was in that level range and it was awesome, i wouldnt worry too much about spiked finger gauntlets unless you have the gil to blow, you can certainly get to the 70s when Dusk is damn near better than everything for tp without spending half a mil on some gloves, i had them though XD
 Phoenix.Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-05-29 19:23:57  
Yeah 0/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE on Lizzy. Stingy *** e_e

Thought about snagging some SFGs, coz those are just sex in a can, but yeah, half a mil e_e Stupid ISNM Puk needs to put out some more.

Also, ding WAR50, picked up a pair of Viking Axes for Rampage spam in ToAU areas and a Gigant Axe (whopping 20k). Can't wait till I can wear a Hauby again... :O
 Phoenix.Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-06-02 22:24:00  

May as well use the thread I made before, eh?

55WAR now, I use Vikings Axes when I dualwield. Have SH for 57 and Haub for 59, anything else I should snag or upgrade?

Again, much thanks and <3.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-02 22:26:46  
Phoenix.Raigne said:
Swift Belt comes to mind. Swift Belt and Voyager Sallet.
 Phoenix.Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-06-02 22:43:03  
Missed the /

Already looking to get a group together for Swift, and like I said in my OP, Voyager Sallet probably won't happen any time soon, unless Riverne stays at 40cap monsters when the caps raise ;D
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-02 22:53:51  
As an alternative to swift belt, headlong is usually relatively cheap and has a decent drop rate from the NM if you don't want to spend hours trying to get a swift belt.
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-06-03 15:38:39  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
As an alternative to swift belt, headlong is usually relatively cheap and has a decent drop rate from the NM if you don't want to spend hours trying to get a swift belt.

even getting a headlong you'll eventually want to upgrade to a swift or speed equivalent, but it is a good belt to use 'till you upgrade.