New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Sorcerer's choice mazes
Sorcerer's choice mazes
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-05-26 23:24:46  
Are there any Moblin Maze Monger maze set ups that are ideal for black mage soloists, or at least manaburns? Granted there are already plenty of XP/merit camps available for BLMs, e.g. Xarcabard (shadowreign), but for those seeking marbles or just a quick XP session such as myself, a maze would be ideal. What are your experiences doing this?
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-26 23:26:41  
You could always use the elemental rune instead of the bird rune for the run most people do, not sure how well it would work out, but should be ok.
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-05-27 01:04:11  
yep. there are some nice runes for it. unfortunately it takes an asslong time and luck to get these damn runes. But you won't be happy with blm only's you will definetly need a BRD or at least COR. That's about that.
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-05-27 13:28:39  
Swapping an Elemental Rune for the Bird rune on the popular R02 Tabula set may cause some difficulty over Lv60 . Remember the mob sets are random with usually 2 or 3 sets and 8 Elementals to choose from , getting Dark and/or Light Eles even for one set could cause Failure . i would suggest the Arcana Rune . Burning Arcana , no matter which , is alot easier than dealing with a bunch of Dark or Light Elementals which resist Sleep and can be a *** to kill (Cures and Drains whatnot). Vermin or Amorph would be second choices , but would require Rune 014 "Tiny Warrior" to avoid Sandworms and Wamoura ,maybe? i mean a Manaburn can take them so maybe not . But yea Sandoworms probly not as feasible .
I think Rune 014 removes HNM type mob appearance since you can get Rocs and Hippogryphs on Bird Tabula with it . I wouldnt call these 'Tiny Warriors' but when compared to HNM Rocs , they are .
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 13:32:07  
Light elementals are not hard to sleep as a blm.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-05-27 14:06:59  
^ They resist more than other elementals (except dark of course), at least I've noticed so in sky. They also regen while sleeping (not too high) and spam shell 4. I doubt I could finish a maze solo with more than 2 Light Elementals.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-27 14:21:25  
I'd just dispel the shell. The MDB would be a pain though. If you can pull without linking /sch would help alot. I do that in sky all the time.