Planning On Quitting... Again.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Planning on quitting... again.
Planning on quitting... again.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-18 15:29:01  
sounds like you've been exiled XD

edit: claimed 4th page
 Bismarck.Hisagi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-05-18 15:36:32  
Joytoy is *** useless for RDM lol.
The only use is for plds, no needs to argue about it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Renali
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Renali21
By Phoenix.Renali 2010-05-18 15:38:06  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:
What are you reasonably looking for out of the game now?
Friendship. Kinship. Acceptance.

If you need a joytoy to be accepted, then you're being accepted for the wrong reasons imo. Friendship isn't based off gear. Maybe it's easy for me to say this bcs I have "noob" gear. But in most cases: skill > gear. It's also not hard to make friends ingame either.
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-18 15:42:56  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:

My suggestion is to start working on building a network of friends to do things with. You only need to start with one. Someone who you talk to every day. Someone who you don't have to put up any mental barriers with. It should be someone who wants to do the same content as you. The number of people added will snowball and soon your group is actually doing content to better itself as a group.

Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-18 15:44:58  
Phoenix.Renali said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:

If you need a joytoy to be accepted, then you're being accepted for the wrong reasons imo. Friendship isn't based off gear. Maybe it's easy for me to say this bcs I have "noob" gear. But in most cases: skill > gear. It's also not hard to make friends ingame either.

The Joyeuse seems to be more of an ancillary reason. For some others it's the Duelist Chapeau or Nashira Seraweels ><!

I see lots of people who just drift through the game these days.
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-18 15:47:30  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:

I suggest manning up you sorry sack of ***omg and your from the states with that attitude no wonder every one walks all over you. Grow a back bone get some self confidence pave your own way in life and most of all never follow the masses they are usually wrong as this world is filled with more followers than leaders.

When you become an adult you realize friends are over rated and family is everything....just saying 8D
By Angeleus 2010-05-18 15:57:14  
I am quitting the game now because I can’t get anyone to get me a pair of kitty pants…
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-18 15:58:39  
Angeleus said:
I am quitting the game now because I can’t get anyone to get me a pair of kitty pants…

hope that's sarcasm... solo/duo the pop set. find an LS to kill it for you. most will do it and let you have the pants if you let them have the rest of the ***.
By Angeleus 2010-05-18 16:02:35  
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
hope that's sarcasm... solo/duo the pop set. find an LS to kill it for you. most will do it and let you have the pants if you let them have the rest of the ***.

Too late! I quit... /wrist
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 16:07:07  
Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:

I suggest manning up you sorry sack of ***omg and your from the states with that attitude no wonder every one walks all over you. Grow a back bone get some self confidence pave your own way in life and most of all never follow the masses they are usually wrong as this world is filled with more followers than leaders.

When you become an adult you realize friends are over rated and family is everything....just saying 8D

Stfu.

Seriously, you are by far the most *** stupid son of a *** I have ever come across in any forum I've ever been to.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-05-18 16:09:09  
@ OP
Though you didn't ask, my advice is to do stuff for yourself and don't rely too heavily on the "help" of others for particular pieces, mostly pieces that can be obtained with 1-2 people. For the example of your Joyeuse, I leveled ninja for that sole purpose. Once that was done, all I needed was a bard and, soon enough, I got it. Moral of the story, take charge of the things you want and you will eventually get it.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-18 16:22:34  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:
I suggest manning up you sorry sack of ***omg and your from the states with that attitude no wonder every one walks all over you. Grow a back bone get some self confidence pave your own way in life and most of all never follow the masses they are usually wrong as this world is filled with more followers than leaders. When you become an adult you realize friends are over rated and family is everything....just saying 8D
Stfu. Seriously, you are by far the most *** stupid son of a *** I have ever come across in any forum I've ever been to.

Are you sure you weren't looking in the mirror when writing this...just saying 8D
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-18 16:24:03  
Damn, he got you there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-18 16:26:16  
Sadly, I spent half a year leveling Nin for the sole purpose of obtaining Charlamagne's sword, only for the brd friend who said would originally help me completely forgetting about me. I never found another person to assist in duo'ing it. Thank you for that tip. At this point, though, I've heard nearly all possible tips regarding the sea princess.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 16:29:45  
Then why haven't you just gone and solod Charby for yourself? If you've heard all those tips, I'm sure solo RDM strategies have come up by now.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-18 16:30:59  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Sadly, I spent half a year leveling Nin for the sole purpose of obtaining Charlamagne's sword, only for the brd friend who said would originally help me completely forgetting about me. I never found another person to assist in duo'ing it. Thank you for that tip. At this point, though, I've heard nearly all possible tips regarding the sea princess.

And this is the main reason you need to quit...no one here is interested in a pity party.....your post don't make people feel sorry for you...what your doing is making people despise you....your coming offf as pitiful...which is a disgusting way to be...no one is willing to help some one who won't even help themselves....just saying 8D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 16:31:49  
Odin.Kalico said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:
I suggest manning up you sorry sack of ***omg and your from the states with that attitude no wonder every one walks all over you. Grow a back bone get some self confidence pave your own way in life and most of all never follow the masses they are usually wrong as this world is filled with more followers than leaders. When you become an adult you realize friends are over rated and family is everything....just saying 8D
Stfu. Seriously, you are by far the most *** stupid son of a *** I have ever come across in any forum I've ever been to.

Are you sure you weren't looking in the mirror when writing this...just saying 8D

No I was looking at your previous posts.
By Renali21 2010-05-18 16:37:50  
Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
no one here is interested in a pity party

I think if you really wanted it, you would have it. Only thing I see standing in your way is yourself. =(
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-18 16:40:19  
Renali21 said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
no one here is interested in a pity party

I think if you really wanted it, you would have it. Only thing I see standing in your way is yourself. =(

i have to agree
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 16:42:55  
Thirded, which is why I've been hounding the solo thing for a while.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-18 16:43:09  
i spent 3yrs trying to get joyuese so i lvled dnc to try to solo it.
and plus i will duo him w/ you just /t me when he pops
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-18 16:49:13  
I've already offered to duo with him, or possible get TAN together for another sword run. Seriously he's a wimp, duoed it Boli and I swaping hate and never had a single issue, hell Abrupt came down on PUP and wailed on it for awhile for laughs.

I have ToD to boot as well from being in SSG most of this week.

I agree that part of the issue is laziness, I know another person in a similar sitution... Do you even need top gear to solo it on RDM/whatever?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 16:50:04  
You see, I'm lazy, but I don't complain about it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 16:53:11  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I've already offered to duo with him, or possible get TAN together for another sword run. Seriously he's a wimp, duoed it Boli and I swaping hate and never had a single issue, hell Abrupt came down on PUP and wailed on it for awhile for laughs.

I have ToD to boot as well from being in SSG most of this week.

I agree that part of the issue is laziness, I know another person in a similar sitution... Do you even need top gear to solo it on RDM/whatever?
Not even close. Pull, Bind, Sneak up, take it to the pond, DoT kite til it dies. Don't think I missed anything... the only part that's remotely difficult is the pull.
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-18 16:58:13  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I've already offered to duo with him, or possible get TAN together for another sword run. Seriously he's a wimp, duoed it Boli and I swaping hate and never had a single issue, hell Abrupt came down on PUP and wailed on it for awhile for laughs. I have ToD to boot as well from being in SSG most of this week. I agree that part of the issue is laziness, I know another person in a similar sitution... Do you even need top gear to solo it on RDM/whatever?
Not even close. Pull, Bind, Sneak up, take it to the pond, DoT kite til it dies. Don't think I missed anything... the only part that's remotely difficult is the pull.
Honestly I might try and solo it on PLD for lulz, would be a fun one sided battle I bet >_> Got a bet for how long it lasts?
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-18 16:59:41  
I'll see about returning to the game. Not for the sole purpose of obtaining the sword, but to actually enjoy it again. Thank you to those who have offered to assist me. I'll contact you if I am in direct need of help. For now, I'll see if I am accepted within the game as I once was so long ago.
 Odin.Akhilleus
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2010-05-18 17:00:42  
Hold on, that jap dude Avesta solod charbydis RDM/BLU as shadows mean nowt for this, I'd level a BLU sub and make that your target.

Imho too on the friends subject, I think 'online buddies' is more appropriate, online friends is where society has gone wrong, I am friendly and have linkshells but I wouldnt count anyone Ive never met or seen before a friend, I find that impossible to understand personally, I agree that you can share the glory and the pain in game but in real life they can't be there for you so I don't generally place to much trust in people online cos they can screw you over whenever they want to cos theres nobody to come face to face with, I know I'm gonna get a backlash of criticism for this but it's just brutal honesty, online friends come and go, real friends made of skin and bones are for life.

Anyway, its nothing heavy quitting, its just a game, dont place too much emphasis on gear.

My favourite saying as a general rule of thumb for people you know, 'those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind'.

I have genuinely liked people that have played this game but they are not my friends, they are online buddies, man the world needs a shake if people think friends communicate through keyboards.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 17:01:10  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I've already offered to duo with him, or possible get TAN together for another sword run. Seriously he's a wimp, duoed it Boli and I swaping hate and never had a single issue, hell Abrupt came down on PUP and wailed on it for awhile for laughs. I have ToD to boot as well from being in SSG most of this week. I agree that part of the issue is laziness, I know another person in a similar sitution... Do you even need top gear to solo it on RDM/whatever?
Honestly I might try and solo it on PLD for lulz, would be a fun one sided battle I bet >_> Got a bet for how long it lasts?
Depends. Willing to invest in some PDT gear and such? I've seen PLD/RDM with good gear solo it, and they were actually capitalizing on the links to gain TP faster for Atonement.

I'd bet RDM can solo at the spawn point as well, but the pond strategy is damn near foolproof so I figured it was the better strategy to recommend.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-18 17:02:05  
What did u do? Steal an account? a ls back? what? i keep having the impression that u have been exiled from ff
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 17:02:52  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
I'll see about returning to the game. Not for the sole purpose of obtaining the sword, but to actually enjoy it again. Thank you to those who have offered to assist me. I'll contact you if I am in direct need of help. For now, I'll see if I am accepted within the game as I once was so long ago.
So if I head down to SSG to see if I can solo Charybdis on BLM I won't see you there?