フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » NIN Can't DD
NIN Can't DD
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-18 20:33:51  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Haste doesn't effect them both equally. Sam has hasso, which makes the haste gear more valuable for sam than it does for nin

yeah, but i never took hasso into consideration on the calculation. I just wanted some basic raw numbers. That's why i said it would affect them both equally.

But yeah, the moment hasso is up things change. Without any outside haste (still trying to keep it simple - i don't want to test/type a whole spectrum of haste values) hasso would make the sam tp gain (hit per hit basis) equal to the nin's.

2.23(tp/sec) * 1.14 (hasso increase) = 2.54
By Nightbear 2010-05-18 20:57:42  
Took a SAM friend to help him a WAR friend break their mythic WS a while ago. NIN/WAR w/o any haste or songs , just a SAM WAR and a NIN , now this was just to gain TP with cheap weapons on the fly, Perdu main 190 base delay and a dagger off hand with 150 delay base, the SAM and WAR were having a hard time keeping TP off my NIN , so basicly as native JT NIN have dual weild IV + AF body + Suppa + low delay weapons, Yes dmg wise on a WS any 2 hander can win, but takes about 10 seconds to get hate back off them, is really simple. Play the job right and be happy.

on a merit set up, dual march , haste NIN just wins on the long run, dont parse a 30 min pt. try 1hr at least see how it goes, Why ppl prefer 2handers? is cheaper and easy to be goot at it, NIN takes a lot of work/time/gil to make it work. Lazyness is the key to a new order!! XP
[+]
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-05-18 23:22:40  
Ok....i think its best for us all come to a conclusion here, NIN can DD... very good at that, as far as pure DoT goes there near MNK, WS they CAN be great, but unfortunatly, a greatly geared NIN cant beat a Greatly geared SAM, WAR or even a DRK for that matter, all three of these jobs are powerhouses which have too much going for them to be beaten (SAM, hasso meditate, sekkinoki, WAR Berserk, Agressor, Warcry, Warriors Charge, High Dbl Att rate,DRK, Last Resort, Souleater, Mass attack bonus) not saying NIN cant DD just saying NIN are going to be compared to these..... and beaten by these quite often ^.^:
 Alexander.Temaruma
サーバ: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-05-18 23:58:16  
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
Ok....i think its best for us all come to a conclusion here, NIN can DD... very good at that, as far as pure DoT goes there near THF, WS they CAN be great, but unfortunatly, a greatly geared NIN cant beat a mediocre geared SAM, WAR or even a DRK for that matter, all three of these jobs are powerhouses which have too much going for them to be beaten (SAM, hasso meditate, sekkinoki, WAR Berserk, Agressor, Warcry, Warriors Charge, High Dbl Att rate,DRK, Last Resort, Souleater, Mass attack bonus) not saying NIN cant DD just saying NIN are going to be compared to these..... and beaten by these quite often ^.^:
[+]
 Alexander.Socrates
By Alexander.Socrates 2010-05-19 00:04:04  
Lets not forget about my DD whm!
 Alexander.Temaruma
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-05-19 00:09:54  
Alexander.Socrates said:
Lets not forget about my DD whm!
oh noes, gets more haste than nin lol, sup moobs <3<3
By Leuclaront 2010-05-19 00:17:02  
wait let me go lvl drg to 75 and use a joytoy and maybe a nin will deal more dmg then me and be a better dd then a drg
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-05-19 01:02:19  
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
Ok....i think its best for us all come to a conclusion here, NIN can DD... very good at that, as far as pure DoT goes there near THF, WS they CAN be great, but unfortunatly, a greatly geared NIN cant beat a mediocre geared SAM, WAR or even a DRK for that matter, all three of these jobs are powerhouses which have too much going for them to be beaten (SAM, hasso meditate, sekkinoki, WAR Berserk, Agressor, Warcry, Warriors Charge, High Dbl Att rate,DRK, Last Resort, Souleater, Mass attack bonus) not saying NIN cant DD just saying NIN are going to be compared to these..... and beaten by these quite often ^.^:
Hahahahahaha xD cut the nins some slack :P
 Sylph.Vestal
サーバ: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-05-19 01:11:34  
Honestly I'm happy when I win a parse on nin against good dd's. Even with a relic and everything taken into account, if you have a dd merit job and you lose to a ninja who is first Voking/keeping shadows up. Doing his job... Then you need some work. I don't like losing on ninja to any job, my warrior would crush my ninja I'm sure, but having a ninja that isn't typical, it allows the merit pt to have a decent dd who will voke and let the others do max damage. As fir the rest of endgame... After the initial claim, ninja should just drop pt. Although I have had some fun times at Tiamat /drk. Ita fair to say that in order to make a great dd ninja you have to put in 2X the amount of work and Gil as some other jobs. It is neither typical or normal to say, "we need one more dd, get a ninja" but sometimes a ninja can suprize you.
 Ifrit.Kawasaki
サーバ: Ifrit
user: kawasaki
By Ifrit.Kawasaki 2010-05-19 01:49:52  
I find the title of this thread condescending and ridiculous.

Ninja's can DD
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 04:42:04  
You obviously didn't understand the title then.
[+]
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-05-19 06:15:56  
Ifrit.Kawasaki said:
I find the title of this thread condescending and ridiculous. Ninja's can DD
The title was PURE sarcasm LOL!
 Siren.Sinneloa
サーバ: Siren
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-05-28 21:01:04  
If you know how to use all your moves and have even Nin/Whm its hard to say otherwise. First time I could think Tank/Healer could apply and it works real good if you ask me and for an emergency backup healer its very good cause a mob would still have to break from being blind and trying to break through utsusemi:ichi or ni. Most underrated job in the whole game and Im still trying for invites on my lvl 19 nin. You need to be nin/thf. You need to be nin/war. Im so freekin sick of hearing it but Im going to have to cave eventually or else Ill never get that hocho katana. I can hardly wait to see nin/whm at 99/49.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-28 21:07:54  
How exactly do you propose to hold hate?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-28 21:08:52  
NIN/WHM at 99 still won't be as good as NIN/DNC at 75.
By semimmortal 2010-05-28 21:11:43  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
How exactly do you propose to hold hate?
FLASH DUH

idk really lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Danjo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Danjo
By Unicorn.Danjo 2010-06-28 10:41:12  
http://www.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full/DanjohEtZbjM508Jn.png

1855 Blade: Jin

/war - meat kabob - innin - minuet - chaos roll

I love to merit on my nin and also used to parse alot, and I can say I outparsed most of the "average" DD on my server... even a few relict DD. I dont claim to be the nin god, as I still lack a few endgame pieces for my nin. But its totally sad how people look down on nin as a DD.

Sry for bad grammar.

Greetz

Sylph.Akibakei
サーバ: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-28 10:43:33  
can you post your gear?
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-28 13:25:27  
been in a party with a Japanese nin relic holder @Promies camp. He was breaking 1k blade jins constantly

He made me want to pick up nin again after I finish sam and war.

Unicorn.Danjo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Danjo
By Unicorn.Danjo 2010-06-29 09:15:44  
Uhhh Im pretty new this chat forum so kinda noobie about BB codes, Ill post it like this:

TP gear
Main: Senj/Mozu43dmg - Sub Perdu blade
Head: Walahra turban
body: Mirke wardecors +10acc/3DW%
hands: Dusk gloves
Legs: Byakko's haidate
Feet: Fuma sune-ate
Neck: PCC
Rings: Toreador/Sniper +1
Earrings: Suppa/brutal
Waist: Swift belt
Ammo: Fire bomblet
Back: Cuchulain's mantle

WS gear
Main: Senj - Sub: Shusui
Head: Anwig salade 4str/dex, ws acc +5, increase crit dmg 2%(not certain if it effect WS)
Body: Hauby +1
hands: Enki mittens 4str/dex 5acc - Night time AFv2 hands
legs: Byakko's haidate
feet: Marine M boots 3str/dex - No luck on AFv2 boots.. :x
Neck: breeze gorget
Back: Cuchulain's mantle
Waist: warwolf belt
Ear: Triumph +1/Brutal - Night time Vampire earring/brutal
Ring: Flame/Rajas
Ammo: Fire bomblet

Katana merit max - crit max - str 5/5

And yea I drop 1k+ Jin pretty often so its no surprise to me anymore, wish I would finally break 2k on merits mob tho.( w/o cheating on buffs ofcourse )
Sold my shusui since I got perdu blade and Mozu 43dmg, havent been able to spike that high anymore since then tho.

Thats what Im using atm.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Heithem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-08-25 01:45:59  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
with haste, 1 march, and 10% gear haste and 450 delay you have 5.0sec attack round

so for 94 hits it would take that sam 7.83min.

Congrats your nin beat an afk crappy geared sam.

LOL Wesknight is not a crappy geared sam. maybe compaired to

Sesshoummaru and his relic. but not crappy in the least
 Carbuncle.Heithem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-08-25 01:53:04  
Neither way a nin with good haste gear is just as much DD
as any other. I consistantley keep up if not surpass most DD's on nin on the simple fact I attack 5x faster and I'm 10% more accurate.
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-25 02:03:06  
Carbuncle.Heithem said:
Neither way a nin with good haste gear is just as much DD
as any other. I consistantley keep up if not surpass most DD's on nin on the simple fact I attack 5x faster and I'm 10% more accurate.
pics or it didn't happen.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-25 02:15:30  
Carbuncle.Heithem said:
I'm 10% more accurate.

10% more accurate than a 2hand job on nin?
Sushi fulltime? >_>
And everybody should cap acc now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-08-25 02:18:39  
How is a 1h more accurate than a hasso'd 2h? I'm confused...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-25 02:30:26  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Why couldn't NINs just be happy they are better than PUPs?

but non relic pup can out-damage a relic sam? that is what i read on the pup forum
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 02:31:51  
darkmaffxi said:

but non relic pup can out-damage a relic sam? that is what i read on the pup forum

You read wrong :/
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-25 02:34:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
darkmaffxi said:

You read wrong :/

guess I shouldnt read and drink <.< That is dangerous after all.

I dont even know what that thing was really about. A pup posted some parse and boasted about pup raping not so great sams and wars?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11