users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Clothcraft 1-100
Clothcraft 1-100
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-15 06:57:46  
Just want to say sorry ahead of time if this was posted further on in the crafting forums..But if I was to purely buy all the mats for Clothcraft from level 1 to level 100, how much do you think that would be? I am buying as many mats from the guild shop as I can. Someone told me it'd be anywhere from 4-5M total to fund it to 100, but if anyone knows a exact number any advice would be much appreciated..Thank you :)
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-15 07:31:20  
I'm not sure exactly, but 4-5m doesn't sound right to me for some reason...

I'm at 55, and got there with well under 1 mil.
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-15 07:32:50  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I'm not sure exactly, but 4-5m doesn't sound right to me for some reason...

I'm at 55, and got there with well under 1 mil.

Awesome! ^^ Thank you for your input :D
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-15 07:49:01  
80-99 is gonna be expensive. 99-100 will take time and gil.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-15 07:57:36  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
80-99 is gonna be expensive. 99-100 will take time and gil.

Yeah, definitely going to be very careful with those levels ><
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2010-05-15 10:25:06  
Long ago I took a few years to get Clothcraft to the 70s making a profit almost all the way.

I don't recommend this today.

Past 60 there are a few places you can level profitably purchasing ingredients. Rainbow Thread, Cloth, and Velvet were quite good to me.

I do recommend Harvesting when you get close to 10. As well as cotton, you get Red Moko Grass, a sure profit made into thread or cloth. When you start using Silk, again Harvest but hunt crawlers mercessley too.

Currently Clothcraft 98. I can't remember my last profitable skillup synth.

PS. Powerleveling a craft is not the best way to learn it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Godismax
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: godismax
By Carbuncle.Godismax 2010-05-15 10:29:36  
99-100 is over 200k a synth and will take you about 30 synths on average. you might get lucky but that alone will cost you like 5 mil however the rest of clothcraft is very cheap or profitable. i think 95-100 is the worst part. i'm at 82.6 clothcraft atm and it hasnt cost me 2 mil yet if that helps
 Valefor.Mithano
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-05-15 10:59:41  
Good friend of mine is at 98, and no plans to go higher - there's not much that makes it worthwhile to get to 100, given the price of those last two levels. Be sure that it's worth it to do it.

And conservatively I'd say you're looking at 40-50M, not 4-5. But as with all crafting, it's really about how patient you are. If you plan to power through everything, buy from AH and sell to NPC, I'm pretty sure you could burn 50M. If you're going to be smart and patient (wait for guild prices to be low, etc.) then yes I think you could probably do net cost of 4-5M.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Lazaris
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Lazaris
By Gilgamesh.Lazaris 2010-05-15 11:20:03  
1-60 is pretty cheap to reach i doubt u will hit the 1M mark if ur using guild mats and ah mats. 60-70 is pretty cheap too. 70-80 same thing lol...of course this is if ur only doing fletchings which are 10~ lvs apart but are the cheapest synth. 80-90 i did a bit overything arhat hakama, wamoura silk,thread, enough to get u within 5 lvs of giant bird plumes. 60-90 id assume would cost u between 1m-2m. 90-100,since ur buying all ur mats will cost u prolly 4-5M. thats more or less based on luck and which days u decide to craft. This is all assumptions for me, since i farmed majority of my mats and hq'd a few to continue my crafting.
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-16 22:58:04  
I spent 20-25M leveling it - and I farmed almost all my own spider webs, and was very cost concious (I didn't get lucky with HQ's to aid my way up either)-

4-5M is a pipe dream, but I hope you do it very inexpensively!

I'd say, if you're leveling cloth to make yourself tons of gil - i'd choose another craft. If you're leveling it for personal reasons and want to sign a bunch of stuff - then it would be a great choice.
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-16 23:16:40  
i got to 54 cloth craft a little under 2.5mil..... and from here to 100 would probably be bout 5mil total, and thats a fair estimate if you farm some of your stuff, if you dont farm anything, id say its fair to say 1-100 would be 10mil easy investment
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-16 23:23:29  
Unicorn.Rilu said:
I spent 20-25M leveling it - and I farmed almost all my own spider webs, and was very cost concious (I didn't get lucky with HQ's to aid my way up either)-

4-5M is a pipe dream, but I hope you do it very inexpensively!

I'd say, if you're leveling cloth to make yourself tons of gil - i'd choose another craft. If you're leveling it for personal reasons and want to sign a bunch of stuff - then it would be a great choice.
cloth can make you some nice gil, but you need to have the appropriate sub.. one of the few that ive found is GS, which is a huge investment in itself..... but that said, you can make some money, just have to have money first too
 Phoenix.Jile
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-05-16 23:29:44  
If I were you, once you reach the higher 80's or low 90's, I'd hold off pushing toward doing the couple items to reach 100 right now.

With the new level caps coming out and the (likely) possibility that there may be new crafting levels and synths, some better (affordable) synths may come out making reaching 100 much more realistic.

Imagine if there are weakish mobs that drop wings for fletchings for a lvl101 synth... I'd be out farming and doing nice wide gaps in a heart beat vs dumping gil as things currently stand ~ its why I'm waiting (98 cooking mule and tired of farming royal's lol).

Anyway, that's my 10 cents.
[+]
 Unicorn.Sats
user: Sats
By Unicorn.Sats 2010-05-16 23:33:12  
Easy 20-25M as Rilu said for getting clothcraft to 100 for myself as well, but seeing as how the rainbow road levels mat's are cheaper you won't sink as much money into it. But if you think about turning around and selling what you make most of the way leveling, you'll just see yourself buying all of it back in the higher levels for synthing again. Leveling clothcraft is a gigantic vacuum on your wallet, which I'm sure all crafts are, but I am just saying this about cloth since its what I leveled. Its the wrong craft to think you can powerlevel through with just ~5M gil, but good luck in your crafting!
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2010-05-17 13:02:14  
I think I am going to breaksynth Rasetsu Samue 98 -99.

Subs are Smithing (52), Leathercraft (48)

Earth:
Darksteel Sheet
Rainbow Thread
Raxa x2
Steel Sheet
Tiger Leather x2
Velvet Cloth

I have Smithing 48 and Leathercraft 20ish. I figure I can start at Leathercraft 24 and use Smithing Support.
 Leviathan.Sedda
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sedda
By Leviathan.Sedda 2010-05-17 13:34:42  
Farming stuff from 1-70 isn't that bad. I've been farming most of my stuff (buying when I am far too lazy) but yeah 90-100 is going to break your pocketbook pretty much no matter what you do. *Chuckles* My suggestion is farm as much as you can to make the higher levels of it less harsh.

And for those of you that get huffy because people actually farm their own mats? Pff on you. Not everyone is as rich as you.
 Valefor.Matricide
By Valefor.Matricide 2010-05-17 13:36:15  
Uh im at 96 clothcraft, to get from 90-96 i spent at least 15 mil. Thats at a minimum. its a expensive craft. Im just stuck at 96 now.
 Gilgamesh.Lazaris
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Lazaris
By Gilgamesh.Lazaris 2010-05-17 15:23:32  
Valefor.Matricide said:
Uh im at 96 clothcraft, to get from 90-96 i spent at least 15 mil. Thats at a minimum. its a expensive craft. Im just stuck at 96 now.

Sounds like u leveled from 90-96 before my time during inflation or was just throwing your gil around.

90-93 with giant bird plumes shouldnt run u more than a 1M unless ur just unlucky/not craftin on right days.farming a stack or 2 on your own helps too.

93-98 dance shoes/foulard i lv'd all my subs b4 i too cloth past 80 so i made dance shoes primarily., farmed most of the mats but if u dont ..3M maybe(if u lv'd leather) since they npc for a decent amount. Plus i camped arachne.

98-99 al zahbi sash if u farm hair and camp ah it should cost no more than 1M. get karakul thread from guild.

99-100 argent coats if u dont have ur subs lv'd u are better off leveling them. all the subs minus gold/smith will return what u put into it. camp ah for eltoro leather and gale the rest is cheap. a good 2-3M if that much. was
10 skill-ups out of 12 on lightsday. it only cost me that much because i got a bit impatient and crafted on other days and attempted cursed dalm and blessed body.
 Valefor.Matricide
By Valefor.Matricide 2010-05-17 15:34:07  
Gilgamesh.Lazaris said:
Valefor.Matricide said:
Sounds like u leveled from 90-96 before my time during inflation or was just throwing your gil around. 90-93 with giant bird plumes shouldnt run u more than a 1M unless ur just unlucky/not craftin on right days.farming a stack or 2 on your own helps too. 93-98 dance shoes/foulard i lv'd all my subs b4 i too cloth past 80 so i made dance shoes primarily., farmed most of the mats but if u dont ..3M maybe(if u lv'd leather) since they npc for a decent amount. Plus i camped arachne. 98-99 al zahbi sash if u farm hair and camp ah it should cost no more than 1M. get karakul thread from guild. 99-100 argent coats if u dont have ur subs lv'd u are better off leveling them. all the subs minus gold/smith will return what u put into it. camp ah for eltoro leather and gale the rest is cheap. a good 2-3M if that much. was 10 skill-ups out of 12 on lightsday. it only cost me that much because i got a bit impatient and crafted on other days and attempted cursed dalm and blessed body.

When i was on kujata i dealt with inflation of price of materials. now that we are merged to Valefor i havent crafted lately.
 Unicorn.Rilu
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-17 15:55:43  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Unicorn.Rilu said:
I spent 20-25M leveling it - and I farmed almost all my own spider webs, and was very cost concious (I didn't get lucky with HQ's to aid my way up either)- 4-5M is a pipe dream, but I hope you do it very inexpensively! I'd say, if you're leveling cloth to make yourself tons of gil - i'd choose another craft. If you're leveling it for personal reasons and want to sign a bunch of stuff - then it would be a great choice.
cloth can make you some nice gil, but you need to have the appropriate sub.. one of the few that ive found is GS, which is a huge investment in itself..... but that said, you can make some money, just have to have money first too

Crafts
Smithing 60
Clothcraft 100
Alchemy 60
Woodworking 60
Goldsmithing 60 +1
Leathercrafting 60 +1
Bonecraft 60
Cooking 53
Fishing 80

Yea, having appropriate subs would probably be a good idea. I leveled them all before I even hit 100 Cloth. Yes, the prices may have changed a little bit since I leveled cloth 4-5 years ago, but I still think 99-100 is a huge gil sink unless you get lucky on skillups. Lets say you spend 200K per synth 99-100. After 30 synths, you're already at 6M, just for 99-100. Granted, HQ's will help you along the way, but i'd rather give someone a VERY realistic view at leveling a craft (besides, I think they said they'd be buying everything off AH or from Guild (which really doesn't save you much, buying from guild) so they won't be farming mats or anything, so they won't be spamming mats to make profit, won't be farming mats to skill up, etc. I know it can go both ways - heck, my cooking mule went 99-100 on red curry after only 15 synths - I wouldn't give that as the "standard" for getting from 99-100. Just like I personally made a profit leveling gold to 60 - but I wouldn't tell someone thats the way it is, I just got lucky and teamed up with a couple high level goldsmithers who didn't want to HQ gold rings, and none were on AH -so they asked me to skill up on them for them, and give them the NQ results.

Everyone's trip to 100 in a craft will be different - different materials prices, different availability of materials (ie. gold/platinum nuggets plentiful, or non-existant), new recipes that get introduced to the game, etc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [385 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.