What Job Do You Use To "get Things Done"?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What job do you use to "get things done"?
What job do you use to "get things done"?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-11 11:45:57  
maldini said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
COR is in the best spot right now that it's ever been. We went from meh at everything to respectable at everything making us excellent overall. Literally swiss army knife.
Until you put a COR in front of something that actually does dmg worth worrying about and then watch em melt/miss their savage blades/deal 1/3rd-1/4th a decent RNG does.
Give me rolls and get back in your cage and pew pew to keep yourself busy.

why you so salty
; ; lol. Cuz man they think they do good DMG. Do you know how annoying it is when you shout "Maju looking for members DPS @ 4/6" and a bunch of CORs send you a tell saying "COR/NIN <dual wield> <sword> <you can have this> <impossible to gauge> <savage blade> 9,000+

*** COR trolls... *** butt pirates. GTFO

If your goal is to DD it without making skillchains, then COR w/ Savage Blade is one of the better ways of going about that.
[+]
By Afania 2017-07-11 12:03:39  
Afania said: »
Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that no one mention this job yet, come on, I can't be the only person who utilize it .-.

Nope, definetly the only one!

COR is in the best spot right now that it's ever been. We went from meh at everything to respectable at everything making us excellent overall. Literally swiss army knife.

Huh, in my 8+ years of maining it and always try to parse it against strong DD players, my observation is it's actually in same tier as DD in past 5+ year or so: Aka good enough for a DD slot, often beats mid tier DDs, but not to super epeen level. I think the issue being very few pt utilize it the right way, or isn't pt lead so unable to.

Back then I've brought COR to legion when it was the hardest/main endgame event and used MK+last stand build. I came out 2% behind the lowest WAR DRK on parse. Is it amaaaazing? No. But not anywhere close to people make it sound like. Also brought it to VW BCs and organize pt in a way so I get storms and AGI etude for wildfire, and ended up getting higher ws avgs than Ukon WARs and every other physical ws.

That being said, I'm probably the only person who put COR in DD pt in legion, or always ask BRD WHM to /SCH for strom in VW, then spam tell to brd for Agi songs. These days COR pretty much need brd to melee higher lv content effectively, otherwise you see this:

miss their savage blades

Until you put a COR in front of something that actually does dmg worth worrying about and then watch em melt/miss their savage blades/deal 1/3rd-1/4th a decent RNG does.
Give me rolls and get back in your cage and pew pew to keep yourself busy.

why you so salty
; ; lol. Cuz man they think they do good DMG. Do you know how annoying it is when you shout "Maju looking for members DPS @ 4/6" and a bunch of CORs send you a tell saying "COR/NIN <dual wield> <sword> <you can have this> <impossible to gauge> <savage blade> 9,000+

Can't blame people if you choose to 6 man maju. COR BRD GEO trio maju or bust....or COR+GEO if you wanna keep drops to yourself.
[+]
By jopa 2017-07-11 12:11:02  
SMN is my default job. For anything that involves killing a lot of trash mobs quickly (i.e. Dynamis and Mythic content), my go-to jobs used to be PUP and BLM. But then I saw how efficient BST is at AoE killing with even the bare minimum of gear investment, took the red pill, and joined the 2015 beastwagon to finish up my Nirvana.

Recently, after learning every spell and getting a Sequence, BLU has become my go-to job for a lot of things, but I've always loved BLU (only job I took 1-99 with 0 leeching and coalition assignments) so I don't consider it bandwagoning.
By Draylo 2017-07-11 12:41:24  
BLU :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 12:51:45  
Draylo said: »
yes it's worth it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 12:59:10  
Corsair does respectable damage. Bard can even contribute to dps when appropriate. Geomancer also. Your average player will be buffs only which is significantly less useful, but sufficient. Ali in what you're looking for.

Any damage from a COR is pure bonus gravy. Their primary purpose is to buff, but since their rolls last a long time they can stand next to the DD's, getting the same buffs as the DD's and proceed to contribute damage or participate in SC's. They are in several good SC categories so also have a place in linking a multi-step or just Savage Spamming. They deal about 1/3 to 1/2 the damage of a full DD but since their purpose is to buff that DD, any extra damage is greatly appreciated.

BRD is a bit different, their DD gear sets are more limited but their casting sets are far better then COR. Thus BRD would frequently be better off /WHM providing support like status ailment removal, hasting / random ***so that the WHM can focus on healing. But if the situation doesn't require that extra support, then the BRD can go /NIN and Rudras ***up.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-11 14:45:19  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Corsair does respectable damage. Bard can even contribute to dps when appropriate. Geomancer also. Your average player will be buffs only which is significantly less useful, but sufficient. Ali in what you're looking for.

BRD is a bit different, their DD gear sets are more limited but their casting sets are far better then COR. Thus BRD would frequently be better off /WHM providing support like status ailment removal, hasting / random ***so that the WHM can focus on healing. But if the situation doesn't require that extra support, then the BRD can go /NIN and Rudras ***up.

A well seasoned BRD with all the sets ready to go can contribute in DD and buffing very easily. I have a REMA BRD in my LS that can challenge even your WAR in a parse fight all while providing excellent buffs for the entire melee party. BRD in current age of this game can do some amazing numbers.. When fully optimized it's eye opening.. I'll introduce you to him in game sometime.. He never comes /WHM, it's actually detrimental for any Zerg situation. Lol..
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 15:12:41  
Asura.Syto said: »
A well seasoned BRD with all the sets ready to go can contribute in DD and buffing very easily

Never said they couldn't, just said they don't have the same gear level as COR, THF or NIN which is objectively correct. That means their TP gain speed, average melee damage and average WS damage will be less then those jobs.

I have a REMA BRD in my LS that can challenge even your WAR in a parse fight all while providing excellent buffs for the entire melee party

No, stop sniffing glue.

That being said, once you get over your Red Bull Aspergers moment.

But if the situation doesn't require that extra support, then the BRD can go /NIN and Rudras ***up.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-07-11 15:31:57  
SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 15:32:01  
The damage bonus from COR, BRD, and GEO is gravy, sure, but some strats can factor in these jobs (less GEO) in their lowman strats if the secondary role is not needed. GEO gets dematerialize, so for at least 1.5min, it doesn't need to cater to pet DT sets and can whack a mole to the heart's content. If none of the monsters are using dispel, then BRD can surely get some licks in as well. And COR is already seen as a front line melee job in many strategies. Players are less open to the "sit there and buff" model of days past, and are more than welcome to the buffers who want to take their fair share of adding some dps, though its certainly not a requirement.

inb4 "but I invited you to buff so stop swinging and just stfu and buff"
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:02:33  
I consider RNG a mid-tier DD.
RNG does 2x to 3x as much DMG as COR. (weeks worth of parses on Omen with a VERY aggressive COR that has absolute BiS gear vs my RNG which is also BiS with the exception of crazy unicorn DM augments)
COR is not a mid-tier DD if its beaten that bad by a mid-tier DD.
Also I'm leaving out the omen boss that we abuse TF on (I suck at remembering omen boss names. I just know you don't *** ask me to tank Kyou unless you want me to rage - especially after someone pimped their RUN because they said they wanted to tank coughfuckyouphuoc). If I included that it would be closer to 7-8x DMG of TF vs LS.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:04:35  
inb4 "but I invited the SMN/WHM to cure. stop summoning ***and just stfu and cure"
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 16:05:07  
The damage bonus from COR, BRD, and GEO is gravy, sure, but some strats can factor in these jobs (less GEO) in their lowman strats if the secondary role is not needed

Nobody should be dismissing the extra damage support jobs can do. It's not their primary purpose, yet it does add to the groups total ability. The support functions on BRD are just a result of SE putting them on more mage gear then melee, similar to GEO. These are merely different tools for different situations, identify which applies to what.

But if the situation doesn't require that extra support, then the BRD can go /NIN and Rudras ***up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 16:21:35  
Probably isn't fair to compare TF to LS on Kei, since Omen bosses resist dark magic and TF is light based. RNG outperforms COR and it isn't close. Its just that COR has those rolls that nobody can seem to say no to...
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:29:27  
Yeah the rolls are crack. But I just don't like hearing "they're mid-tier dd" when RNG pounds them so hard in dmg. And DRK/WAR/SAM/BLU will tear RNG a new a$$ in any situation outside of RNG very specific niche.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 17:16:53  
Blazed1979 said: »
Yeah the rolls are crack. But I just don't like hearing "they're mid-tier dd" when RNG pounds them so hard in dmg. And DRK/WAR/SAM/BLU will tear RNG a new a$$ in any situation outside of RNG very specific niche.

And don't forget the BRD that apparently beats WAR/DRK/SAM/BLU.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-11 17:29:51  
A well seasoned BRD with all the sets ready to go can contribute in DD and buffing very easily

Never said they couldn't, just said they don't have the same gear level as COR, THF or NIN which is objectively correct. That means their TP gain speed, average melee damage and average WS damage will be less then those jobs.

No, stop sniffing glue.

Usually when comments like this are made by Saevel towards me.. it means I am usually right and Saevel is just throwing desperate attacks.. ::Weakness revealed::..

A heads up to anyone else attacked by Saevel's "Over-Inflated Ego" .. If he throws attacks.. You won the battle. :D

Its ok man if you are wrong.. /comfort.. Lets have a funeral for your emotional pain. I am really advocating a nice battle between you two (My LS BRD and your WAR) in the future. Red Bull is completely allowed in this fight.. ^_*)y Just to piss you off some more.. Its worth the popcorn..

Try to spice things up some more.. talk about Sephiroth or something bro. :D

Don't worry I don't take anything personal bro.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-07-11 17:31:20  
DRK ALL THE THINGS. WE ARE THE EMO ONES, GET YOUR OWN THING!!!!!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-11 17:35:18  
LennartHK said: »
No, stop sniffing glue.

**Never, I'm not going to ask.

We sorta know his taste so far..

Napkin-Math, Sniffing Glue, Red Bull, Sexual Partners that have Aspergers who attained it from drinking Red Bull??.. ALSO can't forget Sephiroth Fantasies!! Hmmm what else? ^_*

It just keeps getting better Saevel bro.. lmao.. :P
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-07-11 17:48:18  

I'm not arguing that melee DDs can't beat RNG on melee-friendly content. But I think "very specific niche" is underplaying the frequency of situations where safe DPS from a distance is desireable in current higher end content. RNG basically replaced the BLM armies of the 2016-era "kill it safely" style once we got the Macc/Meva nerfs and less nuke-friendly mobs.

And even melee zerg strats that DO work for some groups who are outfitted with top buffs (say, Idris+BRD and kick *** melees) aren't exactly accessible for a lot of groups who have solid but not top level elite players. Ranged damage is probably still more practical for a lot of those kinds of groups.

Of course, SMN all the things seems to be the current meta anyway? So DRK/WAR/SAM/RNG/BLM can all go cry in the corner together with their MNK friends...

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
At least, per those patch notes, TH4 is the max applied by a non-THF main, and they don't get the TH upgrade procs.

Yeah, TH4 is all that matters on non-THF main.

The one POSSIBLE exception is RNG using Bounty Shot. Bounty can and often does cause procs for upgraded TH beyond TH4 (and can even get a "proc" if Bounty Shot is the very first action on a mob, resulting in immediate TH5 - see my testing).

I don't think anyone has clearly established whether having higher TH values than TH4 makes Bounty Shot's TH+ proc more likely (similar to THF making TH+ procs more likely by stacking more TH gear beyond the gear cap). I kinda suspect it doesn't help on Bounty Shot, but I don't have proof. Really though, whether we know or not, with Bounty being an instant JA it doesn't hurt to stack excess TH anyway if you happen to have it from Herc DM augs, Chaac, RNG empy gloves (Bounty Shot+ functions just like TH+ for this purpose), etc.

Also, TH above 3 actually making a significant impact on drop rates is a dirty lie anyway :)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 19:10:13  
No, stop sniffing glue.

**Nevermind, I'm not going to ask.

So you support BRD as the best DD in the game?

Just to be sure. Cause

I have a REMA BRD in my LS that can challenge even your WAR in a parse fight all while providing excellent buffs for the entire melee party
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-07-11 20:20:07  
RNG does 2x to 3x as much DMG as COR. (weeks worth of parses on Omen with a VERY aggressive COR that has absolute BiS gear vs my RNG which is also BiS with the exception of crazy unicorn DM augments)
Also I'm leaving out the omen boss that we abuse TF on (I suck at remembering omen boss names. I just know you don't *** ask me to tank Kyou unless you want me to rage - especially after someone pimped their RUN because they said they wanted to tank coughfuckyouphuoc). If I included that it would be closer to 7-8x DMG of TF vs LS.

Basing DD effectiveness/tier on one event is not really saying much other than the mobs in this event favor X job, in reality there are places for each job to really shine i can think of several corsair would easily beat rng and visa versa. so considering tier i would say cor is about the same as rng but the 2 just work more differently than most ppl know.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-11 20:31:23  
No, stop sniffing glue.

**Nevermind, I'm not going to ask.

So you support BRD as the best DD in the game?

Just to be sure. Cause

No they aren't the greatest vs heavy DD Melee, but eye-opening and very awesome with all the right gear.

"Challenge" doesn't mean "surpass" or being "best".. I don't know how you twisted that meaning in your mind?

Just saying, I wouldn't play them down too much like you did in your statement. That was all I was trying to say. They are very versatile like COR without the Ranged advantage that DP COR or equivalent Ranged COR can perform. This BRD had some great power. I would love for him to see how he does against your WAR!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 21:20:25  
That was all I was trying to say.

You were greatly exaggerating to an obscene degree.

Just saying, I wouldn't play them down too much like you did in your statement.

That's your own insecurity speaking. What I typed is true, BRD's DD gear is a hodgepodge of pieces, similar to RDM, because SE didn't put them on the really good ***. This combined with 1h's 3.25 cRatio cap puts their damage ceiling substantially lower then WAR/DRK/SAM/DRG and THF/DNC/BLU/NIN.

I would love for him to see how he does against your WAR!

Max potential would be 1/3 the damage maybe 1/2 if they did nothing else except spam WS, which would defeat the purpose of having them there to begin with. COR is in a better position because unlike BRD, they actually have decent melee gear along with a TP Bonus +1000 ranged weapon for Savage Blade silliness. Dealing 33~50% of the damage of a heavy DD isn't remotely "challenging", that would be 90~95%.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-07-11 22:17:18  
yeah the new moonbow whistle instrument frees the bard's ranged weapon slot and lets them equip ginsen

outparses war pretty easy
By Afania 2017-07-11 23:01:44  
Shiva.Eightball said: »

Basing DD effectiveness/tier on one event is not really saying much other than the mobs in this event favor X job,

Totally this, outside of individual difference such as gear/skill, the buffs/setup/strat each jobs are getting affects a DD's performance so much more. COR is a job that only excel with sufficient acc and attack buffs, without those buffs it's damage tanks hard and that's how you see people parse 1/2 of real DD or less.

On the other hand, jobs like BLU can perform decently regardless of situation. put them in a low attack/acc or even haste-less pt they still hit pretty hard just by spamming cdcs.

To illustrate what I mean, I just downloaded spreadsheet to see the actual dps difference. To make things quick I just copy and pasted sets from BLU job guide. Feel free to point out if I'm missing any newer gears though, I'm not sure if the guide gets update.

Using No.2 +5 sam roll, all "Zahak Reborn" spell set from BLU guide, capped haste/attack/acc, Tizona AM3 up, over tp round 0, minimum ws tp: 1000

BLU tp set:

*TA+4 herc augment

BLU CDC set:

*DEX+10/crit-hit dmg +4% augment on herc feet

COR tp set(exactly the same as BLU) with same buffs:

COR WS set:

*STR+10/wsd+4% augment on hercs(same tier of augment as BLU)

With 10/10 vorseal, escha vorseal on:
BLU

COR

At capped pdif, 85% of BLU's dps without vorseals, 91% with.

That being said, without strong attack/acc buffs there will be a much, much bigger gap since BLU can /WAR for berserk, with much, much higher acuracy.

I'm going to make a bold guess that reports saying COR does 1/4 of RNG or other DD happens in a pt without BRD, in a low acc setup, and probably not in escha(thus you can't full time TS with super revit/random deal spams).

Anyways, I totally agree with what Eightball say. It's a "depends on buffs" sort of thing.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-11 23:06:58  
Yeah, in actual practice, COR should not be doing half or a third of what a ranger is doing. That could happen if the RNG is capping accuracy and attack but the corsair isn't, but with the correct buffs that shouldn't be the case. I would say it's closer to 30% less than a ranger on a bad day if the corsair doesn't have to reroll too often.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-12 09:58:54  
That was all I was trying to say.

You were greatly exaggerating to an obscene degree.

That's your own insecurity speaking. What I typed is true, BRD's DD gear is a hodgepodge of pieces, similar to RDM, because SE didn't put them on the really good ***. This combined with 1h's 3.25 cRatio cap puts their damage ceiling substantially lower then WAR/DRK/SAM/DRG and THF/DNC/BLU/NIN.

I would love for him to see how he does against your WAR!

Max potential would be 1/3 the damage maybe 1/2 if they did nothing else except spam WS, which would defeat the purpose of having them there to begin with. COR is in a better position because unlike BRD, they actually have decent melee gear along with a TP Bonus +1000 ranged weapon for Savage Blade silliness. Dealing 33~50% of the damage of a heavy DD isn't remotely "challenging", that would be 90~95%.

First of all... Napkin-Math and "assumptions" based on your "calculations" on a Kleenex napkin are not actual source. So stop with your ***. You love to spit numbers out that you wrote down on a napkin. However, the data from your napkins are also not fact at all.

Maybe you seek attention and love it so much to try to intimidate people and shut them down with your ego, yet it makes people who know more than you laugh even more. (Which is a majority of people I have talked to about you).

If you used a better napkin brand, maybe your numbers could be considered as a better guess at most, but I don't believe in the religion in general so please stop making yourself look so overly emotional about this.. lol

Second of all. It is actually YOUR insecurity, which is why you continue to reveal that with your ego. XD

Stop getting mad. Get Glad. ^_*)y