What Job Do You Use To "get Things Done"?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What job do you use to "get things done"?
What job do you use to "get things done"?
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-07-10 07:22:17  
Seems like no matter what I do, when I want to get something done I always revert to BLU. Currently farming a mythic, tokens/einherjar/assaults.. What job does everyone else use as their default "goto" to get things done?

I would say BLU isnt my favorite job by any means
By Felgarr 2017-07-10 07:36:43  
I like doing Tokens and assaults on MNK, Abyssea on NIN or WAR, farming items or NMs on BLU, events on PLD and BST for general fun things.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-10 07:56:36  
Am I doing it solo? Then BLU easily. BLU is by far the best job for solo / low man (mules don't count) situations.

Am I with my crew of ultimate bad ***'s? Then Colonial Marine, unfortunately that's not a job on FFXI so it's WAR / DRK / RUN depending on what's best for the group.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-07-10 08:04:20  
BST
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-07-10 08:25:31  
Solo/multibox (which is most all of what I do these days) BLU or SCH, with alts on GEO and COR. Unless the situation calls for TH or proc'ing or whatever.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-10 08:45:04  
if your not using mules id say blu or bst or depending on the content rdm or pld.
if your using mules my common set up is blu cor geo pld.
well currently i might be using a bard too
By Blazed1979 2017-07-10 08:53:19  
Lowman/Sales/6hour Aeonic completion: SMN
Solo: Blu
Currency/other items farming: THF
Epeen: DRK, WAR
Fun: DRK
Duty: PLD ; ;
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-10 08:56:10  
Blu is great yes, but ninja can arguably be just as useful, especially if you have Sylvie. She uses indihaste, so you can cap haste easily. Also, though many tp moves wipe shadows, ninja makes a great asset to solo some BC fights. I can't argue with Blu damage potential and protective survivability, but I tend to have more fun soloing stuff on ninja vs blue. But if I'm going for efficiency overall, blu.

Occasionally I will RUN or DRG and multi step a high SC if it would make the difference, but those jobs don't have the simultaneous damage and protective capabilities of blue or ninja. Usually you have to switch to a dt or melee mode. Blu/nin can do both at the same time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-07-10 08:56:26  
Dawn Mulsum.

But really, NIN.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-10 08:57:21  
Generally soloing (with Trusts) HLBs (merit point battlefields) on PLD. Usually on N.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-10 08:57:32  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Am I doing it solo? Then BLU easily. BLU is by far the best job for solo / low man (mules don't count) situations.

Am I with my crew of ultimate bad ***'s? Then Colonial Marine, unfortunately that's not a job on FFXI so it's WAR / DRK / RUN depending on what's best for the group.

[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-07-10 09:59:09  
id say about 50% of the time ive got my AOE setup going on BLU, I was expecting to see BST as an answer given because it can AOE like crazy when needed as well.

Figured I would see some BLM answer as well, kind of interesting at PLD, I never run around on my PLD just because I feel like my DPS is low even with trusts, compared to other jobs.
[+]
By Taint 2017-07-10 10:07:50  
PLD plus Trust isn't good at much of anything in my experience.

Might as well go DD job with a hybrid set.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2017-07-10 10:16:41  
DNC when I can, THF when I want to dance but need money, BLU when I want to dance but need more defense.
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-10 10:36:47  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Is this us in Omen then?
YouTube Video Placeholder

In all due seriousness my go-to job for "getting things done" is my DRK, DRG when a certain situation calls for it (where I can sweep the leg).
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-10 10:46:32  
Drk all the things, find my survivability using drain3 dreadspikes seigan +3rd eye, dt sets and apoc handles most things pretty easily but I'm not opposed to using blm or run. I only ever cor for events or when begged to for cp
By OmniKroe 2017-07-10 12:40:17  
THF and BLM.
Thf for things i need drops from.
Blm for quickly killing my low level objectives and warp.
If you handle your trusts right you can also solo a lot of ilvl content as well.
Thf and blm are the inly jobs iv had geared up since 75 cap with reasonably updated gear for this reason. i have never needed anything more as far as 'gettings things done' goes.
(Mythics empys and relics) i did my entire mythic on blm.
Blm can one shot anything or any group in nyzul isle faster then anyone else whilst using reforged body to mantain mp. (No downtime)
Meanwhile thf can pretty much get a quest drop or attestations or abyssea kis you need pretty reliably, not that blm cant do abyssea as well. Not to mention picking coffers although now a days u can just buy the key.
Both of these classes are not usually what i play in endgame.
I have all 22 jobs more or less geared. So i have a pretty diverse preference.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-07-10 14:06:05  
I *** hate BLU but I use it for just about any cleaving/farming situation

Otherwise I pull out DNC for boss/Escha solos/zergs
[+]
By maldini 2017-07-10 14:17:17  
I don't see how any job can compare to BLU for getting ***done when you don't need Treasure Hunter (even then BLU can get TH+8 in gear with lucky augments, and its common to get TH+4).

You have
-access to instant self cures at low mp cost.
-High AOE magical DMG
-Cap weapon delay and recast + fast cast without any need of trusts or other members.
-Incredibly high amount of survivability
-on content that isn't end game you're talking survivability almost on par with PLD + DMG output almost as good as heavy DD.
- Ability to crowd control - sleepga, petrify, bind, gravity - all which comes with the added effect of massive DMG.

WTF at NIN, THF, DRK, PLD lol... at least say RDM then maybe I'll be like "well, they're just avesta fans".

If you haven't maxed your Blu, you're missing out. There's no real need for any other job in the game.
[+]
By Taint 2017-07-10 14:22:19  
Doesnt TH cap at 4 unless you are a THF main?

And a nod for Arke WAR. It steamrolls most all content, GS for crowd control, GA for cleaving. Great for soloing Omen cards and with a group can tank most everything up to reisen HELMs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-10 14:25:05  
RUN My New DD Love
Dnc Mule Main DD
Blu Salvage and all around HTB Unity and other group/solo events
PLD Tanky things
PUP When I want to be lazy and not tank on Run or PLD
By Blazed1979 2017-07-10 14:31:17  
Fml - I thought TH4 was max for non-thf too? I have a Herc body with TH+2 on it and pair of feet with +2 on them. Thought I didn't need anymore but if it doesn't cap @ TH4 for non-THF main jobs, I can toss in some chaac belt action!

And yes - BLU > ALL.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-07-10 14:48:56  
Taint said: »
Doesnt TH cap at 4 unless you are a THF main?

Yes.

At least, per those patch notes, TH4 is the max applied by a non-THF main, and they don't get the TH upgrade procs.

maldini said: »
If you haven't maxed your Blu, you're missing out. There's no real need for any other job in the game.

I quite enjoy BLU, but being fair, it has a lot of limitations for outside-AoE-range strategies (at least), within the scope of solo/lowman. There are some cases where what it does is still very effective (Pakecet for instance), but for plenty of others SCH (or BLM, SMN, etc) at range is likely simpler.

There's also just a lot of room for personal preference or investment, I think.
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-07-10 14:52:13  
Ladybugs should be given th proc trait.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-07-10 15:12:16  
TimeMage
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-10 15:12:23  
maldini said: »
I don't see how any job can compare to BLU for getting ***done when you don't need Treasure Hunter (even then BLU can get TH+8 in gear with lucky augments, and its common to get TH+4).

You have
-access to instant self cures at low mp cost.
-High AOE magical DMG
-Cap weapon delay and recast + fast cast without any need of trusts or other members.
-Incredibly high amount of survivability
-on content that isn't end game you're talking survivability almost on par with PLD + DMG output almost as good as heavy DD.
- Ability to crowd control - sleepga, petrify, bind, gravity - all which comes with the added effect of massive DMG.

WTF at NIN, THF, DRK, PLD lol... at least say RDM then maybe I'll be like "well, they're just avesta fans".

Th4 is cap on any non-main thf

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4