What Job Do You Use To "get Things Done"?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What job do you use to "get things done"?
What job do you use to "get things done"?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 10:08:41  
Asura.Syto said: »
First of all... Napkin-Math and "assumptions" based on your "calculuations" on a Kleenex napkin are not actual source.
Better than your source, which is freshly used toilet paper.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-12 10:21:23  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Yeah, in actual practice, COR should not be doing half or a third of what a ranger is doing. That could happen if the RNG is capping accuracy and attack but the corsair isn't, but with the correct buffs that shouldn't be the case. I would say it's closer to 30% less than a ranger on a bad day if the corsair doesn't have to reroll too often.

70~80% seems about right, assuming both have capped acc / atk. Think it's VS that makes most of the difference since they both use much the same gear. Melee mode is a bit different though as +1250 TP Bonus is nothing to sneeze at.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Dude started spazzing out when I mentioned BRD's DD potential is limited by SE's gear choices. Then he went into full blown meltdown like someone with Asperger's. Insults start flying, internet thuging and so forth.

Best guess is that someone with a super geared BRD was meleeing with another person half assing a heavy DD on some medium tier content. The parse most likely looked something like this

37% Half Assed Heavy DD
34% Random mediocre DD
24% Super BRD
5% Random SC's

Seeing the super BRD at "only 13% behind" he thinks it's "challanging / ect..".

Problem is, that's not how math works.

37/24 = 1.541, the Half Assed Heavy DD would be doing 54.1% more damage not 13%.

I run into that all the time, people think their doing really good until I point out that you divide to find the percentage difference not subtract.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-07-12 10:23:48  
hmm what gun has a 1k tp bonus on it for cor i didnt see it on the guide. i'd like to pick it up one of my chars
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-12 10:35:37  
Trial of magians one, ataktos I think its called, that plus herc gear savage spamming gives cor a great easy to build set up for respectable melee dding. Issue is AoE can splat cor pretty easy so you should also build hybrid -dt/full -dt sets and utsu+fc set
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-12 10:39:20  
Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Issue is AoE can splat cor pretty easy so you should also build hybrid -dt/full -dt sets and utsu+fc set

All players should have this, especially DD's. Anyone standing near the big bad guy needs to have a survival set and be able to instantly change into it when they see the big bad readying a TP move.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-12 11:28:42  
i always have DT sets and i try to have resist sets too for Tp moves that don't have heavy dmg but do have a lot of nasty like para curse an such
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 11:35:07  
Bard can technically outdamage/challenge heavy DD in DPS. It just so happens to only be when the other DD are dead.
[+]
By stratton 2017-07-12 12:58:08  
I like to load up my SMN/RNG with runic bow and arrow and one who tier4s myself.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-07-12 13:04:52  
i think this guys brd could beat saevel 2, but saevel would need to be naked, unbuffed, no weapon, weakened, have slow on and be afk to have a chance
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-12 13:37:42  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bard can technically outdamage/challenge heavy DD in DPS. It just so happens to only be when the other DD are dead.
Half true. Party could expect the BRD to sing some Madrigals on content that needs them, then just trololol by Piansimo themselves 5x Soulvoiced Ghorn Songs (2x Minuetx/March/Madrigalx2) and trash talk the DDs.
This sounds like something I should do, soon.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 14:02:02  
First of all... Napkin-Math and "assumptions" based on your "calculuations" on a Kleenex napkin are not actual source.

Ohhhhhh.. Mad one..The only supporter of Saevel.. you're just a nobody though (King of them).. continue to specialize in wiping ***.. you two make a great team..
Shoo, go away, little dung beetle.
[+]
By Afania 2017-07-12 14:10:31  
Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Trial of magians one, ataktos I think its called

Anarchy +2 is good enough for tp bonus, ataktos is for min maxers that wants a bit higher DMG for qd and lv for leaden.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 14:12:33  
Syto, don't you have other places to troll?

I would suggest Ni, or even BG. They love little dung beetles like you.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 14:15:31  
Afania said: »
min maxers
Aren't we all min-maxers in heart?

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-12 14:22:56  
min maxers

There is no situation that can't be handled with creative use of animal husbandry.

If I cast cure on myself, I'll have one less cure spell and thus by less versatile!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-12 14:45:23  
Asura.Saevel said: »
min maxers

There is no situation that can't be handled with creative use of animal husbandry.

If I cast cure on myself, I'll have one less cure spell and thus by less versatile!

I challenge your shoestring logic with this- if your refresh is greater than the cost of a cure I spell, you're being inefficient if you DON'T cast that cure before the next tic.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-12 15:09:41  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
min maxers

I challenge your shoestring logic with this- if your refresh is greater than the cost of a cure I spell, you're being inefficient if you DON'T cast that cure before the next tic.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/11/02/episode-092-i-gotta-go-with-black-mage-on-this-one/

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/12/12/episode-100-white-mage-makes-it-all-better/
Code
Red Mage	Organs... have been... rearranged in alphabetic... order...
Black Mage	Dude. You're a Red Mage. You can use white magic to heal yourself, so what's the problem here?
Red Mage	Given that I can only cast a certain number of spells per day, if I were to cast one now I would then become less versatile.
Black Mage	If you don't cast one now, then you'll become less alive.
Red Mage	Unless one of my intrepid adventuring companions were to hand me a healing potion.
Thief	I'm not sure it's feasible at this point in time. We've still got a negative cash flow problem.

Code
White Mage	Red Mage, why don't you just use your own healing magic next time? I won't always be around to save you.
Red Mage	But I want to stay at my peak versatility level!
White Mage	Think of it like this: which is more versatile? A dead mage or a living mage minus one white spell?
Red Mage	Hmm... I see. You've opened my eyes, White Mage. Thank you.

I love Red Mage. Unlike Thief (steal EVERYTHING), Black Mage (murder EVERYONE), or Fighter (Sword-Chucks yo), Red Mage tries to power game everything to some pretty obscene munchkin level ***.

My most favorite quote / scene ever,

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2008/01/15/episode-942-cross-eyed-traffic/

Red Mage said:
"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic can not be stopped. The success or failure of any given step will have no impact on the macro level."
[+]
 Asura.Swordchucks
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Swordchucks 2017-07-12 17:18:59  
Sword-Chucks yo
You rang?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 17:20:54  
Red Mage said:
"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic can not be stopped. The success or failure of any given step will have no impact on the macro level."
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-12 18:54:48  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-07-17 20:31:37  
Red Mage said:

"Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting."

I can see the profound reasoning...