What Job Do You Use To "get Things Done"?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What job do you use to "get things done"?
What job do you use to "get things done"?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-10 16:25:46  
Sure, BLU can get stuff done. Nobody is going to question that.

But not everyone likes to play BLU.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-10 16:32:24  
LOLZ took me about 12 years to start liking blu
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-10 16:41:30  
King, I couldn't agree with you more
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-10 16:46:44  
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
TimeMage

It's coming in the new expansion. Wait on it!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-10 16:48:36  
/notfallingforitagain
By Yandaime 2017-07-10 16:51:23  
Time Mage:
Enhancing Class specializing in Time-Based abilities.

Hastega I, II and III (through Gifts)
Slowga I, II and III (through Gifts)

Haste IV (exceeds Delay Cap) 1200 Gift
Slow IV (exceeds Delay.. Reduction.. Cap?)

Specializes in Staff-Based Combat (Is ACTUALLY GOOD AT IT)

0_0;
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-07-10 16:53:53  
PUP.

I rarely play anything else.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-10 16:59:46  
Yandaime said: »
Time Mage:
Enhancing Class specializing in Time-Based abilities.

Hastega I, II and III (through Gifts)
Slowga I, II and III (through Gifts)

Haste IV (exceeds Delay Cap) 1200 Gift
Slow IV (exceeds Delay.. Reduction.. Cap?)

Specializes in Staff-Based Combat (Is ACTUALLY GOOD AT IT)

0_0;

The issue with TMG is that it's spells are already somewhat split among RDM/ WHM / BLM

Demi/Demi2/Demi3/Demi4 - Space Magic spell that deals damage proportionate to (have to decide reasonable formula) HP.

Demiga/2/3

Gravity/Graviga

Meteor, Meteor 2
Reflect
Float

Obviously would learn Bind, Bindga (yes, SCH can do this already), Stop (which is Terror or Stun).
 Bahamut.Odaru
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-07-10 17:30:12  
RDM or SCH for me, generally. BLM can be a lot of fun as well for farming. Dualboxing, I'd go PLD and SCH for just about anything, but my PLD mule is inactive atm so I generally wind up soloing everything on SCH these days. I haven't touched BLU since Abyssea but I've been slowly reforging and gathering gearsets, though I don't think ill ever enjoy another job as much as I enjoy SCH.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-10 18:11:46  
Doesn't the halfwildcardthing already exist as cor 2nd one hr?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-07-10 18:21:19  
Bst. Has alot of flexibility in the pets which bandwagoners really don't understand.

Pup when I need to tank something that does stupid amounts of damage.

I would love to play a time mage in an ffxi like game, but it really doesn't fit in ffxi.

I say use the same general combat system and engine but make a game w/ jobs a bit more like tactics. I would love to play time mage.
By hobo 2017-07-10 18:34:59  
Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Doesn't the halfwildcardthing already exist as cor 2nd one hr?

nope, cor 2nd one hr is reduce the cd of one target player's specials based on roll with 1 being 5% and 6 being 50%, ignoring job points
 Shiva.Kasaioni
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-07-10 18:42:39  
Obviously Fisher.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-07-10 20:33:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Bst. Has alot of flexibility in the pets which bandwagoners really don't understand.

I imagine it's that people don't bother to learn the intricacies of BST because there isn't any reason to for them. For example, most BSTs don't know how to use their job effectively for a CP party. I once got into an argument with someone because they refused to use the Tulfaire and Swooping Freenzy because "it does low damage". We had two bursters and no Geo. They also wouldn't use Killer Instinct.
By Afania 2017-07-10 21:09:51  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Seems like no matter what I do, when I want to get something done I always revert to BLU. Currently farming a mythic, tokens/einherjar/assaults.. What job does everyone else use as their default "goto" to get things done?

I would say BLU isnt my favorite job by any means

It depends on my mood and how I feel like playing a specific job, but in general, my COR has best solo/low man efficiency due to various reasons.

IMO your investment in a job would determine efficiency 90% of time, it's not all that about job types. On COR I have access to various tools to deal with different situations.

Trust has survivability issues? Use runeist + dancers roll on them.
NM has shitty aoe? Just use ranged attack to dps.
NM has shield mechanics? 1 QD with DP removes them, or req.
Need to kill adds? AE can kill them all as long as they don't resist wind damage.
Trust needs status removal? Stay backline, /whm or /sch for -na, while dps out of range.
Do I need lots of shadows for lowman? FC roll+ FC set caps shadow or stoneskin casting speed for taking hits in RUN style.
Need aoe sleep? /sch or /blm.

Can blu do all these? Definitely, especially if aoe, status ailments or accuracy is required. But in the case of single target magic dmg output or delve lowman clear speed I don't think COR is behind.

In grouping scenarios, COR is still in a good spot despite brd got buffed. It's dps is still competitive to a low to mid tier "REMA DD", and the ability to switch to ranged mode (which negates the survivability disadvantage of this job) in an instant is often valuable.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that no one mention this job yet, come on, I can't be the only person who utilize it .-.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-07-10 21:32:59  
Blu fa life!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-10 21:58:56  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sure, BLU can get stuff done. Nobody is going to question that.

But not everyone likes to play BLU.

Yeah now that decent trusts exist BLU isn't so far ahead of everyone else in solo / lowman situations. Their still the "best" in terms of objective comparisons but the difference isn't enough to make / break participating in content. Throw a really support crew into the picture and everything changes. Damage in FFXI is done on the backs of support crews.

Always remember to thank your WHMs, BRD's and GEOs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-07-10 23:07:13  
THF: because there's always another BLU in the party.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-07-11 01:26:50  
MNK

Don't get invited for anything, so plenty of time to get ***done around the house.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-07-11 03:57:54  
RDM or PUP if i wanna be safe.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-11 06:43:05  
Afania said: »
Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that no one mention this job yet, come on, I can't be the only person who utilize it .-.

Nope, definetly the only one!

COR is in the best spot right now that it's ever been. We went from meh at everything to respectable at everything making us excellent overall. Literally swiss army knife.
By maldini 2017-07-11 09:17:22  
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
COR is in the best spot right now that it's ever been. We went from meh at everything to respectable at everything making us excellent overall. Literally swiss army knife.
Until you put a COR in front of something that actually does dmg worth worrying about and then watch em melt/miss their savage blades/deal 1/3rd-1/4th a decent RNG does.
Give me rolls and get back in your cage and pew pew to keep yourself busy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 09:25:42  
maldini said: »
Until you put a COR in front of something that actually does dmg worth worrying about and then watch em melt/miss their savage blades/deal 1/3rd-1/4th a decent RNG does.

why you so salty
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 09:26:43  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

why you so salty
He lost in Ballista that one time.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 10:14:47  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

why you so salty
He lost in Ballista that one time.
But it's lolffxiballista!
By maldini 2017-07-11 11:22:59  

why you so salty
; ; lol. Cuz man they think they do good DMG. Do you know how annoying it is when you shout "Maju looking for members DPS @ 4/6" and a bunch of CORs send you a tell saying "COR/NIN <dual wield> <sword> <you can have this> <impossible to gauge> <savage blade> 9,000+

*** COR trolls... *** butt pirates. GTFO
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 11:25:47  
Corsair does respectable damage. Bard can even contribute to dps when appropriate. Geomancer also. Your average player will be buffs only which is significantly less useful, but sufficient. Ali in what you're looking for.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 11:38:34  

why you so salty
; ; lol. Cuz man they think they do good DMG. Do you know how annoying it is when you shout "Maju looking for members DPS @ 4/6" and a bunch of CORs send you a tell saying "COR/NIN <dual wield> <sword> <you can have this> <impossible to gauge> <savage blade> 9,000+

*** COR trolls... *** butt pirates. GTFO
I'm a lazy cor then. I buff then run back and pew pew with my AG

:(
[+]