users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign
Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Jaune
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jaune 2017-01-27 11:52:48  
Has anyone seen more than one piece drop, or any confirmation if the +Spoils vorseal improves chances? From what I've noticed so far, the armor drop appears to be an outside chance occurring from the evaluation pool; example, getting two stones for a 0 evaluation on Quetz as the norm, with a third showing for armor, but never one stone and one armor piece.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-27 11:53:41  
I've gotten only 1 stone many many many many times
By digitalblue 2017-01-27 11:56:42  
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I've gotten only 1 stone many many many many times

I've had situations where it said I've only received one stone in the log, but actually have gotten two of the same stone. Much like the armor piece not showing in the log, but still making it to the inventory. I haven't received any situation of one stone only this week going from 0 to 9 ++Accuracy Vorseals.
By dinotron 2017-01-27 13:36:18  
Here's the data I've gathered from this event in case anyone is interested:

99GEO/49WHM
Avg Evaluation: ~1000
Auto Attack / Debuff Boss

Naga Raja - 187 Kills
Drops:
MNKx2, PUPx1, DNCx1, THFx1, BRDx2, BLUx1, RUNx3, DRKx1, NINx2, SAMx2, SMNx2, RNGx3, CORx1
Eschite Ore x8
Weapons: 22 / 187 = 11.76% drop rate
Total: 30/187 = 16% drop rate

Quetzalcoatl - 215 Kills
Drops:
Ody Helm x3, Ody Chest x1, Val Chest x1, Ody Hands x1, Herc Hands x1, Merl Hands x1, Chir Hands x1, Val Legs x2, Ody Feet x3, Val Feet x2, Merl Feet x2, Chir Feet x1
Total: 19/215 = 8.83% drop rate

Notes:
*Received several weapon/armor drops with 0 evaluation. Evaluation does not seem to have any effect on drop rate.
*Went on a 5-6 hour streak of no drops only to have 2-3 drops sequentially at one point with no change. Seems truly random.
*Trusts were only used for maybe 20 kills of each until I stopped bothering

Still running hoping for the damn WAR axe to drop! This has been a great event for a returning player such as myself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-01-27 14:59:38  
All but 2 pieces of the 20+ pieces of gear came from 0 evaluations. Also, one of my Valorous Mails dropped with no vorseals.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-01-27 15:49:32  
For those having issues with lag try reducing your chat filters and use the command /hidetrust on.

As for drop rate it's very random. Been doing it since Sunday and only got two weapons off Naga so far, although it can take time to kill depending. As for Quetz, you can easily kill it for hours with any evaluation score and get no equipment. I'm lucky to find 6 new pieces a day, but I guess that's bad luck on my part. Had two bodies so far .. but the second was a duplicate.

I come to the conclusion that killing dragons quickly is the only option if you want more chance of equipment. Might as well .. seen as we get more silt/beads that way.

Don't forget to check your beads (currencies 2) so you can hand them in to start a new Aeonic when it caps at 50k. Temprix will ask for some beads to give you the option, so you have to go back to cap again if you didn't already do this. Need to get the key item on the job you want the weapon for.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-27 16:58:32  
Given how little the trying to get good evals matters my solution for all this lag is simply to get evoseals, put myself in where the fight area will be and not in a spot I'll get breathed to death and set a timer for 16 minutes. Do some housework come back and repeat
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-29 23:31:55  
Obviously a little late for this month, but people should definitely try to fit Azi into their dragon rotations when the campaign returns:

[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2017-01-30 01:41:04  
How long does this event run for?
By Kilobyte 2017-01-30 01:57:49  
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
How long does this event run for?
Until Tuesday morning, 6:59am PST.
 Ragnarok.Graspee
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: graspee
By Ragnarok.Graspee 2017-01-30 12:54:56  
As we are in the final day of the event it's time to reflect about what an obsessive, stupid mithra I am. I have been doing this event every day, all day, 16 hours, apart from a few hours on the first day when I did an attempted zitah aeonic clear because I thought normal escha NMs might be giving better personal drops or something. In that time I haven't received the merlinic jubbah I wanted (or to be honest 2 jubbahs, one for smn and one for other jobs, and even that's leaving out valuable alternative augmentation paths).

What I have received is an average of 6 items per day of mostly stuff I didn't want that much or could have got by fighting the NMs instead, all because I want that orange body. It annoys me that some people turned up a couple of times casually (ooh dangerous, almost "filthy casual") and got it whereas I put the hours in and didn't.

Of course you would be right to point out, if I moaned about casuals receiving things and not me, that in fact everyone doing this event is in fact a casual in that sense and the real way to get a merlinic jubbah is to kill the nm.

whyamieventellingyou.txt
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-30 13:03:50  
Ragnarok.Graspee said: »
As we are in the final day of the event it's time to reflect about what an obsessive, stupid mithra I am. I have been doing this event every day, all day, 16 hours, apart from a few hours on the first day when I did an attempted zitah aeonic clear because I thought normal escha NMs might be giving better personal drops or something. In that time I haven't received the merlinic jubbah I wanted (or to be honest 2 jubbahs, one for smn and one for other jobs, and even that's leaving out valuable alternative augmentation paths).

What I have received is an average of 6 items per day of mostly stuff I didn't want that much or could have got by fighting the NMs instead, all because I want that orange body. It annoys me that some people turned up a couple of times casually (ooh dangerous, almost "filthy casual") and got it whereas I put the hours in and didn't.

Of course you would be right to point out, if I moaned about casuals receiving things and not me, that in fact everyone doing this event is in fact a casual in that sense and the real way to get a merlinic jubbah is to kill the nm.

whyamieventellingyou.txt
Its how you look at it I suppose. I spammed this almost all week, got some stuff I wanted and some stuff I didnt want. It was extremely boring and even running back and forth to get a seal started pissing me off pretty quick, on the other hand I've done alot of household work in that time that I was afk waiting for repop.
I couldnt bare rotating dragons and did one day Reisen en the other Ru'aun.
In hindsight... I's rather do the NM's then do this again though but it felt kinda obligated.
 Asura.Delmania
user: Delmania
By Asura.Delmania 2017-01-30 14:14:45  
Asura.Vienner said: »
In hindsight... I's rather do the NM's then do this again though but it felt kinda obligated.

Pretty much this, as I've been hunting the SCH staff all week. It's far more efficient to farm gil to buy the pop items to hunt the specific NM than to expect a specific drop from this event. It's better to take advantage of the drops you do get.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-01-30 14:16:55  
Well looking at the plus side, lots of people have each zone's domain vorseals built up and lots of silts built up
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2017-01-30 14:20:10  
Sylph.Braden said: »
Obviously a little late for this month, but people should definitely try to fit Azi into their dragon rotations when the campaign returns:

Wishful thinking, but hopefully this event never returns.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2017-01-30 14:24:56  
personally i can't wait for it to return (although the random drops is a pita, i'd like them to do a trade 3 for the one you want thing like aby feet), gotten so many lixirs +2 and gear, and sicne i only had minimal wins originally the vorseal bonus was fantastic (techincally the best part of it, but you don't feel it at the time)
By Justuas 2017-01-30 14:29:04  
Asura.Diavos said: »
Sylph.Braden said: »

Wishful thinking, but hopefully this event never returns.
Why would you hope that?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-01-30 14:31:31  
The luck of this is annoying (seriously my mules got 3-4 bodies each main none. and more overall drops too) but building up vorseals nice and easy was nice.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-30 14:32:56  
It makes dragons slower for people with coordinated groups.

It makes bead farming a nightmare.

It lags the entrance NPC to all hell.

Albumen adds are delayed significantly(seen 9 min for all of them instead of 4) if quetz is up while you're popping it due to server choking.

The extra drops are mostly garbage, and they're extremely fast to kill anyway if you bring a MB group and have the good fortune to not have any tards with trust interrupting your SC.

Lot of reasons people wouldn't want it back, really.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2017-01-30 14:35:43  
well the down side of it was the fact that that's all everyone does (since it's technically still going on) in search of that elusive item that you really really want (but will more than likely get 3 duplicates of something you already have), the insane lag in every zone with everyone warping, the missed kills by seconds etc etc
peak jp times had over 200 in reisen, and dragons popping to engage was very unlikely, and the fact it was tedious as hell!
[+]
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2017-01-30 15:01:59  
Justuas said: »
Why would you hope that?

I liked playing Final Fantasy XI, that's why. Killing T1-T3 NMs and Domain Invasion's wyrms is far more rewarding than being handed gear/vorseals just for entering DI. A sizable portion of the population now has a lot less incentive for taking part in that content because of this campaign. This instant gratification BS annoys me.
[+]
By hobo 2017-01-30 15:11:46  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It makes dragons slower for people with coordinated groups.

It makes bead farming a nightmare.

It lags the entrance NPC to all hell.

Slower with coordinated groups? Maybe I have never seen one of these coordinated groups, but Quetz is dying in 2-3mins easily during the middle of the day, during prime time its faster. Naga is slower like 3-4 but still cant imagine it being that much faster with a dedicated group.

Bead farming a nightmare? With 0 eval I get 200 beads, can easily still get 1k per with a melee job. And then you just move to the other dragon while waiting on repop?

But yes lag is a real thing.
 Ragnarok.Graspee
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: graspee
By Ragnarok.Graspee 2017-01-30 15:15:26  
clearlyamule said: »
The luck of this is annoying (seriously my mules got 3-4 bodies each main none. and more overall drops too) but building up vorseals nice and easy was nice.

You know you can send reisen armour from your mules to your main right? Unless by mule you mean "character on a different account". Also, once you've augmented them you can't send them.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-30 15:53:23  
Ragnarok.Graspee said: »
clearlyamule said: »

You know you can send reisen armour from your mules to your main right? Unless by mule you mean "character on a different account". Also, once you've augmented them you can't send them.
Yes I mean other accounts. Not much point in doing it on another account
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-30 16:11:14  
hobo said: »
Bead farming a nightmare? With 0 eval I get 200 beads, can easily still get 1k per with a melee job. And then you just move to the other dragon while waiting on repop?
IDK what server your on but on Asura with my decked out BLU I was lucky to hit 20k eval normally it was much lower and even with that I still only got 211 (base 200 + 11 from vorseals). Were not having 2-3 minute dragon its more like 60 seconds and dead. So completely ruined bead farming. If you one of the people that spammed it you might of walked away with a decent amount of beads but its a ton slower then normal.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-30 16:27:04  
hobo said: »
Slower with coordinated groups? Maybe I have never seen one of these coordinated groups, but Quetz is dying in 2-3mins easily during the middle of the day, during prime time its faster. Naga is slower like 3-4 but still cant imagine it being that much faster with a dedicated group.

multiboxing, they both die in 3 SCs.. around 80 seconds

Quote:
200 beads per kill x 12 kills per hour(really its a bit less) is only 2400 beads.. that's less than doing 3 normal dragons in 15 min without campaign
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-01-30 16:44:35  
Asura.Diavos said: »
Justuas said: »
Why would you hope that?

I liked playing Final Fantasy XI, that's why. Killing T1-T3 NMs and Domain Invasion's wyrms is far more rewarding than being handed gear/vorseals just for entering DI. A sizable portion of the population now has a lot less incentive for taking part in that content because of this campaign. This instant gratification BS annoys me.

This. While I am happy for all the people that are getting their vorseals/drops (and I did them myself for mostly for beads/vorseals), I feel like this is SE lousy attempt to keep people playing removing all the effort required to get rare drops. The game is(or better should be) about forming groups and get drops as achievements of the effort put in rather than a keep the subscription active hoping for a campaign giving out free rare stuff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zombiehobo
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: hobo
By Quetzalcoatl.Zombiehobo 2017-01-30 17:20:23  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
IDK what server your on but on Asura with my decked out BLU I was lucky to hit 20k eval normally it was much lower and even with that I still only got 211 (base 200 + 11 from vorseals).

I should probably hit that drop down menu when talking about servers.

I could see there being the problem then with 60s dragons. I started with capped beads and took a stack of +2s before joining the train. I recapped yesterday, too much not participating, decided not to dump again.

I know others in my shell that were super dedicated and recapped beads at least 3 times.
 Shiva.Aldaron
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aldy
By Shiva.Aldaron 2017-01-30 18:00:07  
"Ugh for one week we're slightly inconvenienced in order for this event to benefit a lot people, but those people aren't me so ugh"
[+]
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2017-01-30 18:33:05  
Shiva.Aldaron said: »
"Ugh for one week we're slightly inconvenienced in order for this event to benefit a lot people, but those people aren't me so ugh"

Removing the learning experience and chance to have a little fun with your LS/friends/PUGs isn't what I call a benefit. Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish, yadda yadda.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8