フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign
Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-25 13:59:23  
~45 Quetz kills, 7 chars, 1 body (Chiro)

46- just got Herc body, on the same char that got the Chiro Body. go figure.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-25 14:37:41  
Well, I figured out my log not showing my items problem
I disengage around 20% so the spamming of crap goes away, and I get to see what I get, instead of having to constantly check my inventory in hopes of getting something I missed.

Did this for over 10 runs and seems to alleviate my problem of empty log on kill

edit: i still see maybe 1 extra item in inventory that didn't show up in log. It was a +2 escha ^_^
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2017-01-25 15:10:41  
After about 100 tries at both ruann and reis I think I will use my time elsewhere and fight the NM's by themselves for some of the rare items.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2017-01-25 15:35:23  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
After about 100 tries at both ruann and reis I think I will use my time elsewhere and fight the NM's by themselves for some of the rare items.

Same. Getting the vorseal upgrades are nice but in the last two days of doing these I have gotten zero gear drops. I can't complain after my luck the first day but I'm going to do a few more for my next vorseal upgrades, then I'm done as well.
 Bahamut.Genryu
user: Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2017-01-25 15:44:00  
Got 5 armour pieces (3 gloves, 2 legs) and 1 weapon on the first day of the event, and I have not seen any drops since (Other than the regular dragon drops).

No idea how many dragon kills in total as I have not counted, but as an indication I have unlocked 4 regen, 5 refresh and 6 accuracy vorseals since then, as well as 40k+ beads.

Think I'm gonna hit 50k beads then call it a day, on this event.
 Valefor.Darvis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Darvis 2017-01-25 16:40:09  
Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
Both of my Herculean Vests came from running in last minute and getting a 0 evaluation...

Mostly I end up with between 20-25k evaluations, and it's just stones.

This is exactly the range im getting for evals, with only stones on two characters, with no other drops. Im only at like 12-14 kills though too.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-26 00:29:55  
ok as requested got some data compiled. 3 characters 20 reisin fights logged all have 7 spoils. Damn I've been slacking on that. Not a great sample size but meh

Character 1- Just prebuffed though sadly stupid 0 potency brd trusts people brought quite often overwrote them. Usually had 0 eval unless it got some from taking dmg or something. 66 stones, 1 sack, 1 armor

Character 2 - Did geo stuff. Had higher evals than character 1 but generally sub 1k. 72 stones, 1 armor, 1 ore

Character 3 - Tried to dd as well I could but over 100 people there tonight most the time. Evals when they actually showed up in log generally 15-25k. 77 stones, 1 sack, no armor.

Eh looks too close to really call especially with only 20 kills so I'll retract my statement on it being very apparent between nothing a bunch. Guess it might just be the same or only very small differences. Meh guess I'll go afk in some
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2017-01-26 02:19:44  
With only a few days left, which dragon should be my main focus?

Cerberus are pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when it comes to doing Azi, so that's out, buuuuut:

My main char is a BLU/PUP main jobs, with SCH/BLM is training. 3/5/6 in vorseals and gear drops are secondary; mainly doing it for the kills.

My dualbox is Geo main. Assuming refresh is the best bet here, but from my personal experience, I'm not really nuking on Geo being reisen + SCH SC/MBs better left to the mages due to damage scaling per MB. Shes currently 2/5/7.

If you were in my shoes, what would you be aiming for with ~3 days to go? Thanks much.

Edit note: While, yes, I know I can easily jump between both the two zones; kill two birds with one stone, I'm finding myself at times when both are being killed roughly at the same times (again, Cerberus denseness since all three could be EASILY killed in rotation and resolve said issue.) making me have to choose one or the other at times.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-26 02:29:24  
First see if you can can fit 2 dragons in 15 mins (i think 3 is too much but if you can, all the better).

If you care with reisejima gear (thats it, if you dont plan fighting the T3 reisen like next months), i would say to do quetz +1 dragon.

If you dont care with reisjima fear (thats it, you do t3 regularly), try doing ruaun + zitah. Thats because imo, quetz is still done often at least for japanese groups so you can eventually get acc++ vorseals while the other dragons, i never had much chance, plus both flies withiut campaign, what is a bother to melees, taking like 10+ mins to beat them down.

Plus, ruaun and probably zitah drops eschite ore, so they can net more cash than quetz.
By Druck 2017-01-26 04:38:18  
Hello,

has anyone figured out if there is a item cap?

i farmed 18 items now and cant get new item since 6 hours now. Then i sold one item and received immediately a new item after the fight.. can anyone confirm it too?
 Ragnarok.Graspee
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: graspee
By Ragnarok.Graspee 2017-01-26 07:05:29  
Selling an item then receiving another one leading you to believe that somehow if you possess a certain number of items it won't give you more is a prime example of loot superstition. There's no way SE would code it like that. They would have to keep track of how many items you owned from a certain set of items and update it every time you used dbox, discarded or npcd stuff etc. Either that or take a tally of your items when dragon died. Doing that for all players there fighting at the same exact moment would be madness.

It doesn't work like that. 6 hours is not long to receive nothing in this event. I went 8 hours yesterday between drops.

In other news having got about 6 armour drops a day for the first few days I only got 3 yesterday- a very dry day, but rng is rng.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-01-26 14:06:44  
For the record I believe you can rotate 2.5 dragons, Azi Dahaka I guess will never be popular so just rotate all 3 but drop a dragon when Azi Dahaka inevitably gets close to it, that's what I'm doing lately.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-26 14:15:23  
Pantafernando said: »
Plus, ruaun and probably zitah drops eschite ore, so they can net more cash than quetz.

14:00:31Endlich hits Quetzalcoatl for 98 points of damage.
14:00:31Endlich's Elvorseal effect wears off.
14:00:31Obtained: Chunk of eschite ore.
14:00:32{Apururu} Thank goodness! It looks like that naughty-waughty Quetzalcoatl in Reisenjima is no more. And it looks like our girl got away just fine-wine.
14:00:34Endlich uses Chant du Cygne.Quetzalcoatl takes 4755 points of damage.

I took out some excess lines, but Quetz does indeed drop Eschite Ore. And yes, that CDC is weak...you dont want to see the gear used.
 Valefor.Darvis
By Valefor.Darvis 2017-01-26 16:47:22  
I've gotten 4 weapons and a back piece from Ru Aun, and only a Sanctity Necklaces from Reis, in 4 days haha. Just bad luck I'm hoping.
 Asura.Evildemon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-01-26 17:03:51  
Valefor.Darvis said: »
I've gotten 4 weapons and a back piece from Ru Aun, and only a Sanctity Necklaces from Reis, in 4 days haha. Just bad luck I'm hoping.

I try to avoid ru since I don't care for the weapons since I have tons of tier 2 pops laying around and don't need a lot of it. However, I've done a lot of Reis up to 181 kills now total so i'd imagine about 170 to 175 during campaign with only one body drop. and a lot of tier 1 pieces but i'll go on sprees of getting nothing for 10 runs and then 2/3. It don't matter if i do 0 eval or 5k eval. And by nothing I mean just stones but might as well be nothing cause there is only so much use for non-fern on most dd augments.
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2017-01-26 17:36:21  
First see if you can can fit 2 dragons in 15 mins (i think 3 is too much but if you can, all the better).

If you care with reisejima gear (thats it, if you dont plan fighting the T3 reisen like next months), i would say to do quetz +1 dragon.

If you dont care with reisjima fear (thats it, you do t3 regularly), try doing ruaun + zitah. Thats because imo, quetz is still done often at least for japanese groups so you can eventually get acc++ vorseals while the other dragons, i never had much chance, plus both flies withiut campaign, what is a bother to melees, taking like 10+ mins to beat them down.

On cerberus, Quetz is only killed during JP hours, and even then, thats only when they're aeonic farming. Naga/Azi are rarely, if ever, killed outside event :(

Besides that, I've been doing quetz/naga when its on a rotation, but decided on naga when both are being killed at once. Thank you for your reply :)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-26 17:49:44  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

14:00:32{Apururu} Thank goodness! It looks like that naughty-waughty Quetzalcoatl in Reisenjima is no more. And it looks like our girl got away just fine-wine.

I took out some excess lines, but Quetz does indeed drop Eschite Ore. And yes, that CDC is weak...you dont want to see the gear used.

Done over 120 Quetz, no eschite ore, done 100 Zitah with mule and have 8 escite ore
 Phoenix.Jimie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2017-01-26 21:10:12  
Is it possible SE ninja edited drop rates? When the event first started I was getting drops maybe 1:5 kills, since the 2nd day it's dropped to about 1:10.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-26 21:30:55  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Done over 120 Quetz, no eschite ore, done 100 Zitah with mule and have 8 escite ore
Not sure since my memory is a little weak on it but I think ore was just a super rare normal drop and I know some people swear by it. But this campaign the extra drop is supposed to be eschite ore for zitah at similar rates as the armors and such so that might be why such the discrepancy. I can back up and ninja as before I started testing drops I emptied my invents of stuff and then focused on just quetz and sure enough got an ore
[+]
 Valefor.Darvis
By Valefor.Darvis 2017-01-26 22:29:45  
Asura.Evildemon said: »
Valefor.Darvis said: »

I try to avoid ru since I don't care for the weapons since I have tons of tier 2 pops laying around and don't need a lot of it. However, I've done a lot of Reis up to 181 kills now total so i'd imagine about 170 to 175 during campaign with only one body drop. and a lot of tier 1 pieces but i'll go on sprees of getting nothing for 10 runs and then 2/3. It don't matter if i do 0 eval or 5k eval. And by nothing I mean just stones but might as well be nothing cause there is only so much use for non-fern on most dd augments.

Fair enough, I don't have the means to kill T2, so the weapon drops have been pretty nice haha. I figured it was just shitass luck on my part, which seems to be the case as usual.
 Sylph.Zeocat
user: Zeota
By Sylph.Zeocat 2017-01-27 00:32:45  
So far, out of just over 100 fights:

Odyssean helm
Chironic slippers
Chironic gloves x2
Merlinic dastanas
Herculean vest (I about ***myself on this last one)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 01:07:59  
So like many other people in here, I've been having "issues" with Domain Invasion, given how crowded my server (Asura) is. Over 200 people at Domain Invasion and when the Dragon pops
1) I can't see it
2) I can't see people moving or performing actions/animations (sometimes I do someone engaged, but not moving)
3) A few seconds later the Dragon is dead. Wether I managed to get an evaluation or not, the "packet" including the information on what I won (items, points) is lost and not displayed on my chat box.

I have no clue up to which degree this problem depends on the server<>client netcode communication and how much is based on client-side issues, but I still found a compromisory solution that allows me at least to target the dragon and perform actions on it
1) Reduce to minimum the field "characters displayed"
2) Reduce to minimum the field "animations" (both are found in the misc 1 menu)
3) Turn shadows to off
4) Set characters display to Static

With these fix I still can't see mine or others' animations most of the time, and the Dragon still won't pop on my screen, but his Name will, and I'll be able to target it and engage and perform a couple of direct actions on him before he's dead.

I also avoid summoning trusts since with so many people all they do is lagging me and other players as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 01:08:35  
For the sake of irrelevant numbers, in 10 fights in Reisenjima and 10 fights in Ru'aun, I got absolutely nothing other than the usual eschalixirs and stones.
By Felgarr 2017-01-27 01:33:13  
In Reisenjima, attempting to get Sanctity Necklace and Solemnity Cape.

One character got both items in ~5 fights.
One character got both items in ~10 fights.
One character got both items in ~20 fights.
One character got both items in ~38 fights.

All evaluations were 0 to 10,000 (because the Dragon dies in 1-2 minutes tops.

I have had another character with a very high evaluation > 100,000 on a low-populated server get nothing, get stones, etc.

I even had one character die prior to engaging and get an evaluation of NEGATIVE 500. (no items).

I think it's suffice to say that this is entirely random. (If it's not random, then there must be some curve being applied, if all participated have an average evaluation of 10,000, and you get 11,000, does that entitle you to some bonus? I have no idea. SE giveth and SE taketh away).
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-27 01:39:53  
49 fights in Reis 20th got Chironic Hands. No other gear drops. Anyway didn't care about the gear just wanted to get to a total of 100 kills which I now have.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 01:46:21  
Wish I had the strength in me to reach 100 in Zi'tah and Ru'aun, mostly Zi'tah.
I'm down to like uh 80ish in Zi'tah and 65ish in Ru'aun Q_Q
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-27 01:47:20  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Why would I lie?
I never said the drop rate was higher or even equal to Raja, I just provided some evidence that Quetz does drop Eschite Ore.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 01:51:15  
I've never seen Eschite Ore in Quetz, but I've seen Eschite Ore from Zi'tah (and I think Ru'aun too?) multiple times in the past, which is why I was surprised Zi'tahs campaign was "eschite ore"...
Haven't seen any Ore in 25ish Zi'tah fights btw, all with evaluation (but by now I think it's clear eval doesn't matter with drop rate)
 Bahamut.Newzarb
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2017-01-27 02:24:33  
I did get an eschite ore on Qetz too. One out of ~110 kills while I got 15 pieces of armor so it must be a very rare drop.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8