Random Politics & Religion #11

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-10-03 10:34:57  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
eliroo said: »

We also need to keep in mind that most colleges are liberal. The political influence that runs in colleges is pretty deep and people often tend to think in a Hive mind among like people.

yes yes liberal indoctrination and hive mindedness. Talking points are less interesting when they're repeated over and over again for 30+yrs.

Weird how every hyper partisan conservative regurgitates those very words...almost like they're part of an indoctrinated hive mind.

Its the simple truth, I'm not acting like it isn't done for either party.

The fact that it happens with conservatives as well, doesn't make it any less true.

I have been in a college environment and have first hand experienced the liberal indoctrination, in the same way I've been in a church that pushes conservative view points.
By fonewear 2016-10-03 10:45:41  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Apres vous, s'il vous plait!

Go back to France !
By fonewear 2016-10-03 10:46:27  
Candlejack said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
fonewear said: »
Note to Mark Cuban paying taxes doesn't make you patriotic. Dying for your country does though !

Apres vous, s'il vous plait!
Trump did everything he could to dodge the 'Nam draft, FYI for Fone.

Yea so. Who the hell wants to go to Vietnam it's humid !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-10-03 10:51:57  
Let's help this guy get acknowledged by his heartless father, Bill Clinton. Hopefully his wife can finally see past the color if his skin.

Bill Clinton's son he refuses to acknowledge because he isn't the right color.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-03 10:57:05  
Are the professors that indoctrinate a liberal mindset, or is it that a high level of education leads prevalently to a liberal mindset...hmm.

Yes, I'm sure it's just a cycle of thoughtless idolatry.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-03 11:05:23  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Are the professors that indoctrinate a liberal mindset, or is it that a high level of education leads prevalently to a liberal mindset...hmm.

That would depend on the subject, really. Let's not pretend that every liberal view is based purely on undeniable fact. Opinions play a much larger role than "intellectuals" are willing to admit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-03 11:07:54  
Candlejack said: »

Here's how it works:
The more educated a person is, the more likely they'll be to make an informed decision.

People that make informed decisions are often bad for republicans, who thrive on people who make unintelligent decisions. Think your Kim Davis, Cliven Bundy, or Robert Lewis Dear type of people. These are what the GOP thrives on. Mindless idiots who eventually end up sitting in federal prisons because they went and did stupid ***like commit murders, refuse to obey court orders, or threaten people who're just doing their jobs.

Dude... you have the worst case of cognitive dissonance I have ever seen. You can't complain about Republicans parroting Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, etc. and then go and parrot every single hyper-biased, leftist talking point there is. Your hypocrisy is astounding.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-03 11:11:01  
Republicans are bad democrats are good. Such intelligent discussion you can only get on FFXIAH !
By eliroo 2016-10-03 11:11:46  

You act like people with higher education can't be indoctrinated. There are various reasons why people would go to college and hardly any subject actually deals with political science. And even in those instances all it takes is a professor with a liberal view to shape yours. You can't deny that the people teaching you can shape your views.

Outside of indoctrination there are of course other reasons why people in college would throw their support to a liberal candidate. Their level of education has hardly anything to do with it. I'd go so far as to say that is an extremely arrogant and ignorant remark.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-03 11:17:00  
You act like people with higher education can't be indoctrinated.
They are undeniabily much less likely to be. Obviously, psychological condition pending.

There are various reasons why people would go to college and hardly any subject actually deals with political science
I'm sorry but where are you getting at with this sentence?

You can't deny that the people teaching you can shape your views.
As above, education lowers the risk. In this case though it's something that has to start at a much younger age than college. Though people can learn to be more mentally independent later in life too sometimes.

Just gonna ignore the other part.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-10-03 11:19:44  
Maybe he meant poli-sci availability in general electives since poli-sci would be one of longer to obtain 4yr degrees if classes were few and far between.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-03 11:25:50  
Cheaters for Trump!

Giuliani on facing accusations about infidelity: 'Well, everybody does'

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Rudy Giuliani answered the charge that he faces accusations of infidelity on Sunday by saying it's not just him.
"Everybody does," the former New York City mayor and Donald Trump supporter said.

Giuliani was attacking Hillary Clinton in an interview with NBC's Chuck Todd on "Meet the Press" the morning after Trump said -- with no evidence -- at a rally: "I don't even think she's loyal to Bill, if you want to know the truth. And really folks, really, why should she be?"
Not mentioned by Trump: He's had three divorces and faced accusations of infidelity himself. So has the thrice-married Giuliani.
Todd asked Giuliani if he's the right person to criticize Clinton's marriage.
Giuliani cited his pre-mayoral career as a Justice Department prosecutor.
"I'm the right person to level this charge, because I've never made such a charge, and I've prosecuted people who've committed rape," he said.
But, Todd responded, "You have your own infidelity charge."
"Well, everybody does," Giuliani said. "And I'm a Roman Catholic, and I confess those things to my priest. But I've never ever attacked someone who's been the victim ... of sexual abuse. Not only that, I put people in jail who've been the victim of sexual abuse*."
Then, Giuliani complained about Todd's line of questioning.
"And I think your bringing up my personal life really is kind of irrelevant to what Hillary Clinton did. She's running for president, I'm not," said Giuliani, himself a presidential candidate in 2008, when he sought the GOP nomination, unsuccessfully.
Question, do you cheat? Do you think everyone cheats? Do you think this is a useful or dangerous line of attack for Trump and his (cheater) surrogates?

*I really hope this is a slip of the tongue.
By eliroo 2016-10-03 11:31:33  
They are undeniabily much less likely to be. Obviously, psychological condition pending.

There are various reasons why people would go to college and hardly any subject actually deals with political science
I'm sorry but where are you getting at with this sentence?

You can't deny that the people teaching you can shape your views.
As above, education lowers the risk. In this case though it's something that has to start at a much younger age than college. Though people can learn to be more mentally independent later in life too sometimes.

Just gonna ignore the other part.

There is no definitive proof for any of this. It is not that difficult to mix in indoctrination with education. Both are very similar and neither prevents the other.

The point that I was trying to make, that you didn't understand, was that someone majoring in biology doesn't necessarily understand all the ins-and-outs of the political system. They will get most of their information from others and the people they are getting information from in college as mostly going to be liberal which will influence their view.

Are you trying to imply that because they have a higher level of education they will fact check political views more? That is a pretty big assumption.

Quote:
People that make informed decisions are often bad for politicians**

Fixed that for CJ.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-10-03 11:32:17  
When it comes to the partisan fanatics it's strange how in this case politicians that pander to family values of the religious right get a pass on their transgressions but transgressions by politicians of the left get no quarter.

But then again look at all the high profile evangelicals that get caught smoking crack and soliciting hookers and pandering conservative politicians caught soliciting homo-erotic encounters in truck stop restrooms
By eliroo 2016-10-03 11:32:38  
Quote:
in college is mostly going

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-03 11:37:11  

You would think that, but I'm not so sure. I witnessed in my own college experience how easily other students were swayed to certain viewpoints based on the charisma of the professor, and in some cases these were students that were specifically trained to avoid bias and avoid clinging to ideas in the absence of hard data.
By eliroo 2016-10-03 11:37:38  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
When it comes to the partisan fanatics it's strange how in this case politicians that pander to family values of the religious right get a pass on their transgressions but transgressions by politicians of the left get no quarter.

But then again look at all the high profile evangelicals that get caught smoking crack and soliciting hookers and pandering conservative politicians caught soliciting homo-erotic encounters in truck stop restrooms

People are more likely to accept apologies from people that represent their views. I mean just find a staunch Trump supporter or Clinton supporter. They all waive off their candidates transgressions as if they don't matter.

Religious entities are no different, unfortunately.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-10-03 11:38:11  
That's because of the "Its not a bad thing when my guy does it, just when yours does" mentality.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-03 11:39:02  
Probably one of the biggest problems our cancerous political system suffers from.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-03 11:44:16  
It is not that difficult to mix in indoctrination with education.
When I say education I don't just mean learning things. A good education does not tell you what to think, but how to think.

The point that I was trying to make, that you didn't understand, was that someone majoring in biology doesn't necessarily understand all the ins-and-outs of the political system. They will get most of their information from others and the people they are getting information from in college as mostly going to be liberal which will influence their view.

Are you trying to imply that because they have a higher level of education they will fact check political views more? That is a pretty big assumption.
Politics don't have much to do with what I'm talking about. Or rather, they do, but it's not what I'm getting at. It is no coincidence that people under the same political spectrum agree on vastly different topics - and it's not cause the big party tells them where to stand.
By eliroo 2016-10-03 11:45:38  
with our*

Sorry for the excessive typos today. Typing to fast and not fully focused.

Also someone is playing nickelback in the office and its terrible.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-03 11:45:46  
A good education does not tell you what to think, but how to think.

Then I think you'd be surprised how rare that is. A higher education does not necessarily mean a better one.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-03 11:50:02  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Then I think you'd be surprised how rare that is. A higher education does not necessarily mean a better one.
No well that is useful for culture and heighten the general state of society since it leads to improvements in the respective fields(more researchers, more innovators, that would otherwise not exist without the knowledge provided to them).

School doesn't teach you how to neurons though.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-03 11:54:24  

No well that is useful for culture and heighten the general state of society since it leads to improvements in the respective fields(more researchers, more innovators, that would otherwise not exist without the knowledge provided to them).

I'm not dissing the idea of higher education in general, as it can be extremely valuable. It's more a critique of what it is as opposed to what it should be. "Free thinking" and "open-mindedness" is suffering a slow death in the very places where they should flourish.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-10-03 12:06:23  

I'm not dissing the idea of higher education in general, as it can be extremely valuable. It's more a critique of what it is as opposed to what it should be. "Free thinking" and "open-mindedness" is suffering a slow death in the very places where they should flourish.

It could be due in part to universities taking in less well-rounded applicants and, seemingly, more laxed admission standards.

/shrug

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76