Random Politics & Religion #11

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-10-03 19:38:55  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Can't be any worse than Clinton harping on Trump for not paying his federal income taxes, which he didn't have to do because of a provision put forth by Democrats.
That isn't the issue and you know this. Trump has been vocal about people who don't pay their "fair share" as well as the usual Republican claptrap of tax cuts for the rich to spur growth. So to see evidence that he's neither paid taxes for 20 years while championing for even more cuts on the nothing he's actually paying should be pointed out. A near billion dollar loss is also a substantial smear on the record of someone who wants to draw on his business expertise to run the country.

What was he supposed to do? His deductions were completely legal. Only a moron would not take available deductions to cover for previous losses. And sure, it was a big loss, but it was over 20 years ago at a time when real estate investors in general were suffering due to a crash. The mere that he was able to recover speaks positively to his business acumen, not negatively.
Only 18 of them would have been legal, unless he suffered numerous massive losses. If he hasn't paid since 2010 (or before 1992) without horrendous losses, it hasn't been legal.
By eliroo 2016-10-03 20:05:50  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
eliroo said: »
Yea I member!

You member when Hillary once called black men super predators?

You member when Hillary supported the TPP?

Member when Hillary supported the IRAQ war?

See! This game is fun.

Member when Donald made a cameo in a playboy produced softcore film?

Member when Donald said he was for the Iraq war on the Howard Stern show?

Member when Rudy Giuliani took on the mob? But now look at this shell of his former self...

Member Bernie Sanders?

Member those 33000 emails?

But do you remember when the Bush administration violated the presidential records act and deleted 20,000,000 emails?

See how silly the finger pointing is?

In regards to the Bush administration emails:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/15/juan-williams/media-reaction-george-w-bushs-email-controversy/

Politifact, while mostly unbiased tends to lean a bit left, which makes this article a bit more surprising.

I'm also of the small opinion that both Bush's weren't that bad of presidents, at least not as bad as they have been betrayed.

I know very little other than reading of Senior Bush, and only the information my young little self could fathom of Bush Jr. So my naivete could be speaking there.
By eliroo 2016-10-03 20:11:09  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
Can't be any worse than Clinton harping on Trump for not paying his federal income taxes, which he didn't have to do because of a provision put forth by Democrats.
That isn't the issue and you know this. Trump has been vocal about people who don't pay their "fair share" as well as the usual Republican claptrap of tax cuts for the rich to spur growth. So to see evidence that he's neither paid taxes for 20 years while championing for even more cuts on the nothing he's actually paying should be pointed out. A near billion dollar loss is also a substantial smear on the record of someone who wants to draw on his business expertise to run the country.

What was he supposed to do? His deductions were completely legal. Only a moron would not take available deductions to cover for previous losses. And sure, it was a big loss, but it was over 20 years ago at a time when real estate investors in general were suffering due to a crash. The mere that he was able to recover speaks positively to his business acumen, not negatively.
Only 18 of them would have been legal, unless he suffered numerous massive losses. If he hasn't paid since 2010 (or before 1992) without horrendous losses, it hasn't been legal.

I doubt he actually did his own taxes. Most likely he has people that do the taxes for him and find the best way to do them for his business. So I personally doubt he broke any laws.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-10-03 20:14:43  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I only support trump to get a rise out of pleebo ;D
FFXIAH is not your personal erotic site
But...it is his fetish
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-10-03 20:17:53  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
There is zero evidence Trump hasn't paid taxes. The dying New York Times says "could have" paid no taxes. It is beyond journalistic malpractice. They might as well print that he "could have" molested children or he "could have" trafficked drugs.

Doesn't stop you from doing the same with Clinton.

It's actually nothing like what I do.

And...

I am not the New York Times that is supposed to be a serious news source, but has become a complete disgrace.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-03 20:34:07  

I doubt he actually did his own taxes. Most likely he has people that do the taxes for him and find the best way to do them for his business. So I personally doubt he broke any laws.

Exactly. Accountants exist for a reason, and when you have that kind of money it's actually rather stupid to do your own taxes unless you really know what you're doing.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-03 20:54:53  
Candlejack said: »

So much, this. I only hope the DoJ goes after Trump for tax evasion, bribery, self-dealing, fraud, and treason (given his ties to Russia and "inviting" Russian hackers to mess with our country's elections).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-03 22:30:57  
But...it is his fetish

/wonders how much scragg would sell it for

/digs change out of couch cushion
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-04 07:39:28  
Julian Assange must be trying to get his webpage traffic.

All he had was a seminar announcing what they were going to release apparently.

I'm starting to think he is just baiting the gullies in for that sweet internet money.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-04 07:55:57  
The Onion did an article specifically about LG, it seems!

Only News Source Man Trusts Has Logo Of Eyeball In Crosshairs

Quote:
While Howland is said to have many thousands of news options available to him online, in print, and through broadcast media, sources indicated that the one he has deemed most trustworthy is a website that frequently uses the words “exposed,” “Orwellian,” “cover-up,” and “shadow groups” in its headlines.

Truth Link, whose sidebar prominently features an advertisement for a self-published book by the site’s editor-in-chief titled The America Files: Declassified, is reportedly one of the first websites Howland visits each morning, and one he checks four to five times during his workday and at least once per evening.

“When I hear about breaking news, I always go to Truth Link for updates,” said Howland, referring to a website that also features a stock photo of a surveillance camera and an infrared image of a fingerprint overlaid with the words “Government Secrets.” “After all, there’s a lot of stuff going on in the world that doesn’t get covered by the larger news outlets.”

Sources noted that Howland frequently posts links to the website on Facebook, adding comments such as “Something to think about…” or “Open your eyes,” and sometimes responds to his friends’ posts simply by linking to a Truth Link article and providing no additional comment.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-04 09:38:57  
Wake up, Ramy! Start your day off right by brushing with fluoride-free truthpaste and watch a YouTube video that will open your mind.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-10-04 10:07:07  
Ramyrez said: »
The Onion did an article specifically about LG, it seems!

Only News Source Man Trusts Has Logo Of Eyeball In Crosshairs

Quote:
While Howland is said to have many thousands of news options available to him online, in print, and through broadcast media, sources indicated that the one he has deemed most trustworthy is a website that frequently uses the words “exposed,” “Orwellian,” “cover-up,” and “shadow groups” in its headlines.

Truth Link, whose sidebar prominently features an advertisement for a self-published book by the site’s editor-in-chief titled The America Files: Declassified, is reportedly one of the first websites Howland visits each morning, and one he checks four to five times during his workday and at least once per evening.

“When I hear about breaking news, I always go to Truth Link for updates,” said Howland, referring to a website that also features a stock photo of a surveillance camera and an infrared image of a fingerprint overlaid with the words “Government Secrets.” “After all, there’s a lot of stuff going on in the world that doesn’t get covered by the larger news outlets.”

Sources noted that Howland frequently posts links to the website on Facebook, adding comments such as “Something to think about…” or “Open your eyes,” and sometimes responds to his friends’ posts simply by linking to a Truth Link article and providing no additional comment.
Sounds like someone who belongs in a padded room in an institution, on heavy sedation.

I know that CJ can't even read what I'm saying but this is more-so a reply that everyone can read.

I think its important that we don't immediately dismiss "conspiracy theories" or all news reported on these "truther" websites. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut and we should consider all information given.

That said, some of this stuff is just bat ***crazy.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-10-04 10:21:14  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I think its important that we don't immediately dismiss "conspiracy theories" or all news reported on these "truther" websites.

I think not going on those websites is more important.

I think someone who actively seeks the truth will consider all outlets of information. That said most of these sites are based off of pure speculation, so most of their articles can be dismissed.

You may find a gem there though, we can't go about trusting only major media outlets or even all people above us.

I personally don't go to those websites though, but that is because I don't care that much.
By fonewear 2016-10-04 10:22:20  

I don't know have you seen the random thoughts section:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-04 10:26:10  

So much, this. I only hope the DoJ goes after Trump for tax evasion, bribery, self-dealing, fraud, and treason (given his ties to Russia and "inviting" Russian hackers to mess with our country's elections).

Your faith in the government scares me !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-04 10:31:48  
I'm actually still waiting for my tax return from the IRS. I expect to get my return sometime in the year 2020...S

My personal experience with the government is that if they didn't' work for "us" they would be whining in the gutter where they belong !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-04 11:09:07  
I frequently visit a specific conspiracy website that pretty much reposts all the ones in existence as they pop up.

Mostly I do it for entertainment(I love reading and that's reality based fiction afterall, which to me is very entertaining), but I keep the mind open for any potential useful information that might drown in the sea of craziness.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-04 11:12:47  

You do know that The Onion is a comedy site though right?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-04 11:15:23  

You do know that The Onion is a comedy siteAmerica's Finest News Source™ though right?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-04 11:34:37  
need that look in the mirror to see how others perceive them

but the image you see in a mirror is the exact opposite of how everyone else sees you...

it would be better to take a picture to get a better sense of what other people see...

it would also be better if the post actually had something to do with what was quoted...by I realize that's reaching pretty far
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-04 11:36:07  
but* or however instead of by
By fonewear 2016-10-04 11:51:43  

You do know that The Onion is a comedy site though right?
Some people, like LG, do need that look in the mirror to see how others perceive them, however. Maybe it might even inspire them to change their ways.

Who are you to tell someone what they believe is wrong ? If you want to do that I heard North Korea is nice this time of the year.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-04 11:58:38  
fonewear said: »
Who are you to tell someone what they believe is wrong

Calm down there, Descartes.

We've modernized your theory to be much more suitable.

By Ackeron 2016-10-04 12:18:50  
Locking this one to make a new one.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76