Sinister Reign!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
By lhova 2015-09-04 17:15:29  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Can really cater to the Leaden Salute/Tenebral Crush damage if you can manage to bring along a SCH with Voidstorm II and a RUN for Tenebrae Gambit. But yeah I agree, I've never particularly liked BST for this, but then I've only ever gone with pick-up BSTs, and the mages/melees have always been friends.

I'm a huge fan of teamwork.

O.o

I expect this from Death or something, but Tenebral?

I wonder what spell list that blue was using and where they are in terms of gifts. I'm currently 300/1250 JPs and my gear is pretty decent but not sure if I could pull a 99999 Tenebral. Also are the Blu's subbing rune? Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-04 17:20:03  
Don't forget that this is not entirely the BLU's contribution. I don't mean to belittle the player, as they're definitely well-geared, but a lot goes into massive damage like that. As Jeanpaul mentioned, Tenebrae Gambit, voidstorm 2, INT down from Searing Tempest, and an Idris GEO were involved in this. It's never just one job. That being said, BLU nukes are amazing.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-09-04 17:34:10  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Don't forget that this is not entirely the BLU's contribution. I don't mean to belittle the player, as they're definitely well-geared, but a lot goes into massive damage like that. As Jeanpaul mentioned, Tenebrae Gambit, voidstorm 2, INT down from Searing Tempest, and an Idris GEO were involved in this. It's never just one job. That being said, BLU nukes are amazing.

Exactly, this is why I made that "Teamwork" remark. Though, I still think BLU nukes are rather overpowered regardless with their Power:MP cost and recast factors.

Ihova said:
I wonder what spell list that blue was using and where they are in terms of gifts. I'm currently 300/1250 JPs and my gear is pretty decent but not sure if I could pull a 99999 Tenebral. Also are the Blu's subbing rune? Thanks!

I think this was before he managed to finish job points, but he was close to finishing. This setup was SCH/RDM, Idris GEO, GEO, BLU/RDM, BLU/SCH I think, and RUN/SAM. BLUs don't melee and just cycle through Spectral Flow, Blinding Fulgor, Palling Salvo, Tenebral Crush, Searing Tempest, and a couple others I forget. MP usually isn't an issue because of how dumb Magic Hammer is and double Radial Arcana and the spells are really cheap for how strong they are...
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-04 17:44:18  

Exactly, this is why I made that "Teamwork" remark. Though, I still think BLU nukes are rather overpowered regardless with their Power:MP cost and recast factors.

Oh yes, they're ridiculously overpowered. I adore BLU more than any other job in the game, but I can't deny that 116 MP for an AoE nuke with a very powerful additional effect that also does not deal reduced damage based on the number of enemies affected is just absurd. That being said, pls don't nerf ;;
By lhova 2015-09-04 17:49:30  
Oh, ok. So "teamwork" makes the dreamwork! Lol. But seriously damn. I think my next mission (since they reverted back to normal CP gain) is to focus on capping Alchemy and Clothcraft 70 to get Amalric gear.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-04 19:21:20  
You can scrub it out and still win, but teamwork makes it alot faster and you have more time to clear more runs if people are limited for time.

Me and a friend can clear this with 4 people in about 20mins with me doing damage as NIN with my BRD and WHM alts, and him on PLD. The only time stall is Tiger > Morimar > Arciela cause I believe they have the most health and NIN doesn't have access to 2-3 step SCs like SAM or DNC/THF do so the damage is alot lower. So I may think of doing THF the next time around or level DNC. I still hate it manually running 2-3 chars to Arciela when shark pops haha, so bad.

Edit: Not to mention they have the bs tp moves also. Tiger has terror/hate reset. Morimar has silence/gravity and usually hits hard if you don't have PDT/DT on usually. Arciela likes to amnesia and call Nakuuals.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-04 19:37:06  

Oh yes, they're ridiculously overpowered. I adore BLU more than any other job in the game, but I can't deny that 116 MP for an AoE nuke with a very powerful additional effect that also does not deal reduced damage based on the number of enemies affected is just absurd. That being said, pls don't nerf ;;

They kind of are, but at the same time blue magic is still locked behind some pretty significant limits- i.e. we can only magic burst every 2ish minutes, using an ability that's subject to amnesia. Most of our most powerful nukes also require us to be well within the danger zone for AoEs.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-04 20:08:27  
To be fair, in a fully catered mage setup that gets you these 99999 bursts, you're more than likely not creating SCs at a rate much better than 2 minutes anyway. In Gob's picture above, Gravitation was being made with Immanence. As a RUN/SAM tank, I can try to incorporate myself into the SCs too, but there are issues with accuracy, Amnesia, terror, etc. that can prevent me from SCing.

What's really good about BLU is that they work great in a melee setup too. You won't be dealing out 99999 bursts every 2 minutes, but you will be constantly dishing out solid WSs/SCs.
By nosrondd 2015-09-14 00:13:00  
Received a Nobility with higher max aug then listed on the first page. 15dmg +10agi Store TP+8 Crit hit rate +4% ^^
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-14 01:23:44  
Siren.Kyte said: »

They kind of are, but at the same time blue magic is still locked behind some pretty significant limits- i.e. we can only magic burst every 2ish minutes, using an ability that's subject to amnesia. Most of our most powerful nukes also require us to be well within the danger zone for AoEs.

That's probably the only thing keeping it from being nerfed. All those powerful spells are centered on the caster and have pretty bad cast / recast times. I also think people need to remember BLU spells are calculated like weapon skills and not like the other nukes. So anything that raises the damage of Leaden Salute, Wildfire, Sanguine Blade, Catastrophe and so forth will also raise the damage on Tenebral, Scouring, Regurgitation / ect.

The damage : MP ratio is still broken, but the recasts prevent it from being abused. Gotta rotate several different elements while you wait on recasts.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Branden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-09-24 09:04:26  
So my group has been doing this with a semi-PUG setup (usually a couple people in ls + shout for remaining spots). We seem to be stuck in this PLD BST BST GEO WHM COR party setup though. I know there are a lot of different setups that work for SR and was wondering which ones you have found to work best with PUGs? I find that most BSTs give a really slow kill rate and I've actually timed out a few times because of it (yes, they had GEO/COR buffs too- even an idris GEO once- yay /random PUGs!). I know this is what you get with PUGs, get a real static, use better ppl, yada yada but just looking for alternative party setups to shout for.
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-24 09:10:39  
Bismarck.Branden said: »
So my group has been doing this with a semi-PUG setup (usually a couple people in ls + shout for remaining spots). We seem to be stuck in this PLD BST BST GEO WHM COR party setup though. I know there are a lot of different setups that work for SR and was wondering which ones you have found to work best with PUGs? I find that most BSTs give a really slow kill rate and I've actually timed out a few times because of it (yes, they had GEO/COR buffs too- even an idris GEO once- yay /random PUGs!). I know this is what you get with PUGs, get a real static, use better ppl, yada yada but just looking for alternative party setups to shout for.

That's pretty crazy, until recently I had done probably a few dozen SR runs as Bst and I think the longest it ever took us to complete was 14 minutes and that's because the other Bst insisted on using NQ cricket because they said Tiger was garbage.

I've recently gone with Pld, Blu, Cor, Geo, Whm and Brd. Clear times have been between 8-14 minutes depending on spawns.
 Bismarck.Branden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-09-24 09:50:15  
Asura.Ghanni said: »
I've recently gone with Pld, Blu, Cor, Geo, Whm and Brd. Clear times have been between 8-14 minutes depending on spawns.

Thanks, seems pretty straightforward- Standard buffs, GEO magic bursts and BLU melees?
 Asura.Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-24 10:33:09  

Thanks, seems pretty straightforward- Standard buffs, GEO magic bursts and BLU melees?

Yeah that's how it goes. The Blu is the party lead and I've gone with them 2 evenings now as Cor. I've seen a Cor do crazy damage there but I don't seem to be able to replicate that which is a bummer. Think he might've had DP.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 11:46:50  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Yeah that's how it goes. The Blu is the party lead and I've gone with them 2 evenings now as Cor. I've seen a Cor do crazy damage there but I don't seem to be able to replicate that which is a bummer. Think he might've had DP.

If that is the BLU I think it is then I feel bad he doesn't just take me along and ditch the BRD because 14 minutes is pretty shitty. Even 10 is meh.
Wasn't me. At least I think it wasn't...

Quote:
I generally do Fury/Frailty, Madrigal Madrigal March, Samurai Chaos as buffs but it depends on your gear and how much acc you have. I aim to have 1300~ acc, this might require Hunters for some. I wish any Geo I brought would MB.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-24 11:52:05  
RNG setup is still quite fast and easy to execute. I do under 10 minutes a kill with GEO BRD RNG RNG PLD + buyer/leech. Approaches 5 when the last slot is COR. Keep in mind this is with maxed RNGs, idris, etc.. but it's also extremely safe so a weaker setup will likely not have any trouble besides speed.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-24 12:03:34  
As long as your people are decent, 8-14 minutes is a pretty reasonable estimation of how long Sinister Reign should take with a melee setup.

I think that a PLD, BLU, THF, GEO, BRD, WHM setup could consistently clear it in <8 minutes if they played together well. That gets you multiple damage types (Rose seems to either be piercing resistant or slashing weak) and access to strong Light and Darkness skillchains.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 12:15:20  
I've found the thing that really influences time of melee setups is if the Cor does damage or not. Good Cors really do insane damage in SR and can easily make a run that would have been 8 minutes into a 6 minute run.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-24 12:30:52  
Still surprised at the reliance of pld for peoples fights. Been running it as SAM GEO BRD WHM BLM with last as either another geo, cor, or smn since it came out. Fight times have been 4:30 to 7 minutes long now with about 1:30 worth of buff time at the start. I like the idea of the rng approach to it though
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-24 12:33:17  
I've a DP COR do massive WS damage in SR, but ultimately they parse in the low-to-mid teens because their melee DPS is ***and a few mobs force them to resort to Last Stand. Between a COR and another melee, I'd choose another melee.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-24 12:37:16  
I don't know, I love those buffs. I think a COR legitimately trying to do damage while providing Chaos/Samurai roll is more worthwhile than another melee. If they're just rolling, then that is no longer the case.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 12:51:33  
Personally if its a pug i'd take a non shooting cor over another melee any day. Messing up using 2 rolls is pretty hard to do, messing up playing a melee properly seems to be something 99% of pugs can do. I'm not a big fan of melee strats that use more than 1 melee as is though.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-24 13:01:58  
If I want to do dmg as Cor in SR does my SJ matter much? Could I go /rdm to help support a bit more and buff myself with flurry or should I go /rng?

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-24 13:04:50  
Well, he's saying he'd rather roll the dice (ha-ha!) on a random COR over a random melee that probably isn't very good. I agree with this; even with all the enhancements to BLU, most find a way to still not be very good.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14