Sinister Reign!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-24 13:08:06  
Asura.Failaras said: »
Personally if its a pug i'd take a non shooting cor over another melee any day. Messing up using 2 rolls is pretty hard to do, messing up playing a melee properly seems to be something 99% of pugs can do. I'm not a big fan of melee strats that use more than 1 melee as is though.

A lot of DDs just get in each other's way and mess up skillchains, but that includes DD CORs. Honestly I almost didn't suggest BLU because they're almost as WS spammy as SAMs at this point, but have fewer skillchain options and benefit less from TP overflow. Those are all fine for single DD setups, but they're bad for group play unless the party is designed to compensate for it.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 13:11:24  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Well, he's saying he'd rather roll the dice (ha-ha!) on a random COR over a random melee that probably isn't very good. I agree with this; even with all the enhancements to BLU, most find a way to still not be very good.

Yeah, but Fail won't invite me because he doesn't want to have to stop scoffing at Tizona :P
I actually called Tizona good in the blu thread, are you proud of me?

Quote:
BRD is super overrated. Honestly for SR I consider it a waste of a spot anymore.
I like Madrigal a lot for SR, it frees up Hunters Roll and/or Torpor to be used on much better buffs. MG can and does get dispelled also. I find Brd to be a great job for SR because of the ease of putting buffs back up after dispels, not having to deal with Knockback/Bind like Geo does, and that they are actually good Accuracy buffers.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 13:38:57  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Well, he's saying he'd rather roll the dice (ha-ha!) on a random COR over a random melee that probably isn't very good. I agree with this; even with all the enhancements to BLU, most find a way to still not be very good.

Yeah, but Fail won't invite me because he doesn't want to have to stop scoffing at Tizona :P
I actually called Tizona good in the blu thread, are you proud of me?

Quote:
BRD is super overrated. Honestly for SR I consider it a waste of a spot anymore.
I like Madrigal a lot for SR, it frees up Hunters Roll and/or Torpor to be used on much better buffs. MG can and does get dispelled also. I find Brd to be a great job for SR because of the ease of putting buffs back up after dispels, not having to deal with Knockback/Bind like Geo does, and that they are actually good Accuracy buffers.

Even then another GEO still be better than a BRD and free up using Topor from the other GEO, by using Topor. :P

Fail, you 1/1ed my Carmine +1 feet with support and love booze too. Of course I am proud of you.
You're basically trading a Bard using Madrigalx2 March for a Geo using Torpor Haste given that you can't depend on MG being up in that event. The only difference between those two jobs is one has to be in melee range, can get his buffs destroyed, gets knocked around outside of buffing range pretty often, and just in general is less reliable.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 13:44:33  
You wouldn't gain any Attack because you'd be using a Geo anyways. Entrust can work if you use Precision and entrust Haste but depends. I don't know why you think a Geo shouldn't get knocked out of bubble range, SR has an excessive amount of knockbacks that are also combined with things like bind that make it extremely hard to re position instantly.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 13:48:56  
The issue isn't the mob moving it's the Geo moving.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 13:51:53  
How is Ritalin going to stop a knockback?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-09-24 14:01:14  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Personally if its a pug i'd take a non shooting cor over another melee any day. Messing up using 2 rolls is pretty hard to do, messing up playing a melee properly seems to be something 99% of pugs can do. I'm not a big fan of melee strats that use more than 1 melee as is though.
A lot of DDs just get in each other's way and mess up skillchains, but that includes DD CORs. Honestly I almost didn't suggest BLU because they're almost as WS spammy as SAMs at this point, but have fewer skillchain options and benefit less from TP overflow. Those are all fine for single DD setups, but they're bad for group play unless the party is designed to compensate for it.

Ok Byrth I said I WAS SORRY MAN WHAT THE HECK!!!!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-24 14:10:07  
COULDA BEEN A 30K SKILLCHAIN IF WE DIDN'T BRING A GALKAN GEO!

GODDAMNED FLASH NOVA

FLASH

NOVA
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-24 14:13:32  
30K ONRY!?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-24 14:16:52  
WE WILL NEVER KNOW! MAYBE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A 1.5x MULTIPLIER!

GARRRRRRKAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-09-24 14:45:02  
to be fair, I was BLU, and I meant to Moonlight spam and hit the wrong button. Was a fat finger moment.

Besides, it's Tye's fault. HE TOLD ME TO GO CLUBS.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-24 14:59:32  
Asura.Ghanni said: »
If I want to do dmg as Cor in SR does my SJ matter much? Could I go /rdm to help support a bit more and buff myself with flurry or should I go /rng?

/dnc

While I'm a big fan of COR/DNC when possible, I've also seen a lot of melee CORs get killed in SR, and just be a hassle in general with status effects, Amnesia, etc. This is one of the situations I kinda prefer just keeping the total safety of ranged COR and I personally like to go COR/RNG. I find my damage output is quite similar to /DNC with immensely reduced risk and stress.

That being said, I tend to COR when we do pet-focused runs so I'm not really buffing other melees, and I am buffing pet jobs. Even post "nerf", a good BST puts out some really good damage in there. Our old standby setup is PLD or RUN, GEO, COR, BST x2, and one of WHM/RDM/SCH. With two really good BSTs I'd estimate ~8 min clears on average with almost zero risk. I put up Beast/Drachen at start, move aside and get my own rolls up (by the time I even have full buffs on myself we're often finishing NM #1), and shoot away. Occasionally I'll have to redo BST roll on last NM, often we can kill even before initial roll wears.

COR also remains a good pew-pew option if you're in a strat using RNGs + tank. Sit back with the rangers, you all get the same buffs, shoot away.

In any case, COR DD output is somewhat luck-dependent on drawing enemies that aren't super resistant to COR's WS options (Teodor and Super Arciela kinda suck). But if you get the right mobs, look out.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-09-24 15:05:49  
Hey random question. how much did they raise the drop rate of trusts in this? also I have cor if anyone wants me for SR I just do rolls and quick draws.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-24 15:19:44  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Hey random question. how much did they raise the drop rate of trusts in this? also I have cor if anyone wants me for SR I just do rolls and quick draws.
Feels closer to 1/5 chance now instead of the 1/10 or 1/20
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-24 16:48:48  
Quote:
While I'm a big fan of COR/DNC when possible, I've also seen a lot of melee CORs get killed in SR, and just be a hassle in general with status effects, Amnesia, etc. This is one of the situations I kinda prefer just keeping the total safety of ranged COR and I personally like to go COR/RNG. I find my damage output is quite similar to /DNC with immensely reduced risk and stress.
While I don't personally play Cor I know that I've been in general happier with Cors shooting than Cors meleeing in Sinister so far. This is obviously my experience and may just be the shooting Cors I've went with were simply better than the melee ones. TP gain doesn't even seem that bad now since it has so much Triple Shot from JPs.
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-09-25 03:54:13  
Quote:
While I don't personally play Cor I know that I've been in general happier with Cors shooting than Cors meleeing in Sinister so far. This is obviously my experience and may just be the shooting Cors I've went with were simply better than the melee ones. TP gain doesn't even seem that bad now since it has so much Triple Shot from JPs.

I personally play cor, able to shoot and melee. And tried melee COR in SR yesterday, was doing same dps as the SAM, and never died.
(Melee COR gives a lot lot lot lot more dps than shoot, the triple shot JP give you bonus while under triple shot ability, it's good, but not that awesome)
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-25 04:34:59  
I feel bard is still a needed job in any situation. Geo kinda falls off w/o the lack of refresh if luopan's just die too fast, or you're wanting to nuke or toss some cures. Geo-Refresh barely makes up for it compared to 3 ballads, and you give up a buff slot for that on geo and I feel its wasted in a melee setup to use entrust refresh.

I still like our 5-6min setup with PLD/WHM/GEO/BRD/COR/DNC, and Byrth just does everything for us.
[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-10-03 06:49:27  
I recorded our last run of SR melee setup(RUN+WHM+GEOx2+SAM+COR)
The SAM and the COR were the DDs, skillchain spam.(I tried Nuke setup, pet setup, and some random DDs setup, and SAM+COR as DD is the fasters I did)

On the video, we mess up on August, inverted who close skillchain at certain point(twice), but still fun :)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-05 01:20:17  
Quoting myself from another forum.
Over time I kinda started to believe the augments in SR work a bit different from other augments in this game.
I don't think there's a real randomization/roll of the augments, but a fixed table, and what is rolled is the ID in this table, with a resulting different item and different augments.
Since I'm not very good with these things, allow me to make an example.
A "real" roll would mean that each time an item is decided, each of the 4 possible augments is "rolled" with a resulting different stat (4 different rolls, from 0 => no stats, to X => perf stats, no clue which number corresponds to perf of course. At least one non-zero roll is guaranteed).
What I think happens is that each item has a certain number of possible outcomes into a table, not sure how many, could be 12, or 30, but it's a fixed and I think small number.
For instance:

Such a theory would explain:
  • Why I got so many times the same item with the same, identical stats

• Why perf aug items are more common than what you'd expect

In particular about the second point. I can say that perf augments are not that rare at all, I've seen plenty. Most of the times they're not the ones I wanted, but I've seen really a lot.
And getting perf augs with a single roll at play should be statistically more common than getting perf augs with 4 rolls at play on the same number? Not sure on this point, my math skill are lower than those of an elementary school kid.
So... thoughts on this?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-05 04:12:32  
Been doing a ton of SR since starting back up. Our setup so far is

PLD
WHM
COR (rolls only, PLDs mule)
BLU
BLU
GEO

GEO does Vex + Fury and the BLU's rotate who's turn it is for Diffusion MG. Most runs are done in 5~6 min with 60~ 90 seconds spent on buffs at the start. One MG lasts the whole run.

This method has worked with every combination of NMs and we've just steamrolled everything.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-05 11:58:31  
Asura.Saevel said: »

PLD
WHM
BLU
BLU
GEO

GEO does Vex + Fury and the BLU's rotate who's turn it is for Diffusion MG. Most runs are done in 5~6 min with 60~ 90 seconds spent on buffs at the start. One MG lasts the whole run.

This method has worked with every combination of NMs and we've just steamrolled everything.

My setup is with 2 bstmasters instead of 2 blues. At our best it's 8-10 mins runs if the bsts are good.

Well seems like bsts setup can't beat blues setup time
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-10-05 12:24:16  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

PLD
WHM
BLU
BLU
GEO

My setup is with 2 bstmasters instead of 2 blues. At our best it's 8-10 mins runs if the bsts are good.

Well seems like bsts setup can't beat blues setup time

I probably did my first few dozen runs as Bst and they usually took between 8-14 minutes depending on the rest of the set up. I've had the luxury of playing with some really bad Bsts though. This one time we had a Bst who refused to use Randy because he "Only does damage" and proceeding to use the NQ cricket.

Recently I've been going as Cor with something along the line of Tank/Healer/Geo/Cor/Blu/Blu or Thf and not only have the runs been a ton more enjoyable we usually finish between 5-8 minutes.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-10-05 12:31:41  
Melee runs are amazing in here. Sadly, they were amazing before even the bst nerfs, just no one wanted to do them. Our setup is almost the exact same as Ghanni, either blu/blu or blu/thf for our DD. Really want to try out a ranger/cor burn someday though.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14