Sinister Reign!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-03 15:42:11  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Asura.Loire said: »
Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Has anyone tried to see if Vex or Attunement alone is enough to avoid charm on leaf or do you need both? Cause thats the only mob I find cockblocking for clear times and it charms at least once per fight.
If charm can be avoided I think our clear time would be faster by a bit.
Vex and nocturne are not enough to avoid the charm. One of its charm moves is a gaze charm though.
Having the tank wear charm/status resistance gear might help too. As RUN that kind of stuff comes easy enough, and I would imagine PLD would want to sub RUN for this event too. Tenebrae Pflug would grant a flat 30% resistance for /RUN.
I would agree and an aply timed fealty near lower %s to avoid would a nice option to work. Though for our group we don't use a pld and unless the run itself is going bad Rose never does a charm, usually kill it with mb from 50%
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-03 17:38:25  
Yeah, I've noticed that she doesn't use it as often as her other moves, and that the charm itself doesn't last as long as other charms (like Danse Macabre)

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I expect this from Death or something, but Tenebral?
This is with an exceptional BLU, Idris GEO, Tenebrae Gambit, and Voidstorm II.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-03 17:46:48  
Yeah, with the proper buffs/debuffs, you'll be amazed at what properly geared BLUs can pull off for magical damage.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-03 18:05:16  
Well PLD has access to fealty, so thats no issue, the main issue is the DNC and COR getting charmed, losing out on killspeed until its over.

Barcharmra can I has plez;;
By Ulthakptah 2015-09-03 18:18:49  
Would it be worth it to have a song be replaced with light carol II?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-09-03 22:03:44  
Well PLD has access to fealty, so thats no issue, the main issue is the DNC and COR getting charmed, losing out on killspeed until its over.

Barcharmra can I has plez;;

Have your COR shoot for TP, and save Quick Draw to sleep charmed players.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-04 04:44:35  
So far I've tried the following setups:

1) DNC, tank, GEO, GEO, BRD, WHM (can change DNC with other DPS, but I've found DNC to be the fastest for us)

2) dual DD, GEO, GEO (or GEO + BRD), WHM, Tank

3) BST pt

4) COR, COR, WHM, RUN, GEO, GEO

And I still have to try the following:
5) SMN, GEO, GEO, COR, RDM, RUN

So far for me the fastest has been 4). Under 4 mins with no SP abilities used. Times changing according to the sequence of foes and various other luck things

Second place for setup 1), around 6 mins for that.
Other setups have always been slower for me.
By geigei 2015-09-04 04:47:48  
Good bst's end all runs in 5min, how's nr.4 even work?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-04 05:02:08  
It works with a lot of powerful SCs and WS from Wildfire and Leaden Salute.
Insane damage, especially when you add Gambit or Rayke into the scenario.

Also 5 mins without using SP? With SP I've seen like <3 mins runs with BSTs, but without SP abilities they all took 7+ mins I think. Which is good, don't get me wrong.
Perhaps too good considering how safe/easy it is to go with this approach.
Quite boring though, if you ask me.
By geigei 2015-09-04 05:06:52  
Boring indeed, best i got is 4:24, 5-6 w/o sp if all 3 bst are good, can easily go past 7-8min if 1 bst sucks. Cor's ws dont work well on all nm's though?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-04 05:46:23  
I'm not a COR expert, but I think most of them are pretty weak to Dark damage and dark SCs.
The ones who aren't, tipically take pretty good damage from Wildfire.

Should ask one of my COR friends though, I'm unable to go into further detail than this, I apologize.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-09-04 09:00:52  
Arciela's the biggest obstacle for COR. Takes crap for magic damage, and good luck landing Last Stand consistently.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-04 11:40:41  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm not a COR expert, but I think most of them are pretty weak to Dark damage and dark SCs.
The ones who aren't, tipically take pretty good damage from Wildfire.

Should ask one of my COR friends though, I'm unable to go into further detail than this, I apologize.

I'd just be happy to have a COR roll the right rolls and get in some 80%+ hit rate meleeing. They were probably already worth it without that.

Asking much of CORs since they came out has been pretty impossible :P

Stop running with PUG COR.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-04 12:23:52  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Arciela's the biggest obstacle for COR. Takes crap for magic damage, and good luck landing Last Stand consistently.
Pretty sure it comes down to arciella's rotation of ascension and need to do light based nukes (fire wind thunder light) and descension for dark based nukes (ice water earth dark). Have cors tried rotating wildfire for ascension mode and leaden for descension mode?
By Ulthakptah 2015-09-04 12:26:13  
Asura.Loire said: »
Has anyone tried to see if Vex or Attunement alone is enough to avoid charm on leaf or do you need both? Cause thats the only mob I find cockblocking for clear times and it charms at least once per fight.
If charm can be avoided I think our clear time would be faster by a bit.
Vex and nocturne are not enough to avoid the charm. One of its charm moves is a gaze charm though.
Having the tank wear charm/status resistance gear might help too. As RUN that kind of stuff comes easy enough, and I would imagine PLD would want to sub RUN for this event too. Tenebrae Pflug would grant a flat 30% resistance for /RUN.
What does a good anti charm set look like? Also what is the story behind Sangha Earring?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-04 12:34:36  
This is what I use, overwriting whatever TP set I'm currently equipped with:
ItemSet 337634
Hearty earring is 5%, so whole set is 36%. There are some other pieces I could get, but I don't know their values, nor would I want to sacrifice too many slots. Don't think Sangha Earring exists in the game, or at least in all the years, it's never been found.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-04 12:48:11  
Ulthakptah said: »
What does a good anti charm set look like? Also what is the story behind Sangha Earring?

I don't know that a non-RUN would have much success blocking charm, but my relevant RUN set below (supplemented with normal tanking/DT- gear in the other slots).
ItemSet 337635
EDIT: Jeanpaul also noted the necklace that I'm lacking. JP, question: does resist light element gear help to resist charm? I toss on RUN AF coat and Empy feet (the feet I'm wearing anyway), but never been sure whether they help in that regard.

As you can see, the big guns are RUN-specific armor. Tenebrae x3 and Pflug as well. For a non-RUN, I guess it's Tenebrae x2, Pflug, the handfull of all jobs resist gear, and hope/pray. PLD can Fealty of course and that's pretty reliable, other than the fairly short timer (maybe could get a COR to Random Deal reset, but that's not exactly the most consistent strat).

Oh, there's also Unyielding Ring (AH or Assault Points) as all jobs resist charm gear. I don't personally use it on RUN and haven't really missed it (nor do I really want to give up D.Ring), but maybe a PLD or something trying to maximize resist charm would find it useful.

Quote:
Corsair
I usually go COR to SR, you can do damage. I tend to go with a tank, healer, GEO, pet job x2, COR setup and I just /RNG and stand back and shoot. After I buff pets I put rolls on myself and shoot away. With a GEO and good ranged gear, my Racc is fine (especially with Sharpshot up) and it's extremely safe. You CAN melee /NIN or /DNC, but I'm more comfortable in these fights hanging back.

I've not once seen someone else come COR to a run when I'm on another job and do any real damage though, so YMMV in finding a COR who bothers to keep DD gear up.

For WS, there are actually a few mobs Leaden isn't too good on, but you have other options. Rosulatia and Teodor I use Wildfire (nearly the same set, just take out darkness element+ gear from Leaden set), Arciela I use Last Stand. Everything else is pretty Leaden-friendly.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-04 12:59:33  
Light resistance would help since charm is light based. I'm usually wearing either Futhark, Emet, or Rawhide, but Runeist would be good too. Same goes for the feet, I'm either using Taeon, Futhark, or Erilaz. A RUN with Pflug merits and Runeist +1 feet can get what I presume is +66% resistance, which makes me fairly certain there's a cap to status resistance traits. Maybe I could squeeze this info out of the devs on main forums.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-04 13:10:03  
Light resistance would help since charm is light based.

Er... yeah, light resist. Dunno why I wrote darkness (well, I know... was thinking charm = use darkness runes because it's light based), editing my last post to avoid confusing others :)

But anyhow, that might be relevant for a non-RUN. I'm not sure what sort of light resist gear PLD or other jobs may have, but it's a thought since you're not getting stuff like RUN JSE armor and Pflug merits.
By Ulthakptah 2015-09-04 13:11:04  
Light resistance would help since charm is light based. I'm usually wearing either Futhark, Emet, or Rawhide, but Runeist would be good too. Same goes for the feet, I'm either using Taeon, Futhark, or Erilaz. A RUN with Pflug merits and Runeist +1 feet can get what I presume is +66% resistance, which makes me fairly certain there's a cap to status resistance traits. Maybe I could squeeze this info out of the devs on main forums.
Isn't it something like each element: light is equal to 1 magic evasion?

Edit: if you have the gil to burn Souveran Diechlings has +15 to charm with +20 for the +1 version.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-04 13:31:07  
It's generally agreed that 1 elemental resistance is equal to 1 magic evasion for that element, though no specifics on how much 1 magic evasion helps against statuses. With the devs sharing the values on GEO spells, we now have a standard to measure magic evasion by, if a mathy person wants to dig into that.

Made a post on the main forums asking for clarity on statuses. Hopefully they'll be as generous with that as they have been for RDM spells, GEO spells, and parrying.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-04 13:43:57  
Didn't someone (martel?) prove that Erilaz+1 legs, with their higher magic evasion, in the end provided more "resistance to debuffs" than AF1 legs?
69 MEVA+6%resist vs 107 MEVA, for reference.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-04 14:02:34  
Sounds like it may be plausible, but I suspect that the Runeist pants offer a flat resistance, compared to magic evasion which would definitely be relative to an enemy's magic accuracy. I guess it also depends on the extent of what "Resistance to all status ailments" actually covers.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14