Sinister Reign!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-12 23:00:31  
Ended up getting to go tonight with LS, got all 3 ciphers and some 8% fast cast gloves. Now that I know how all the NMs behave I don't think it's really that hard at all. P3 Arciela is just a russian roulette of *** but aside from that...
By minikomby 2016-09-12 23:29:06  
the other day i went witj JP gruop to SR

They did manaburn,tank whm cor geo blm sch and run were pretty fast then i tried to do this on my linkshell and i found a couple things and i'd like to knnow if anyonw know the magic waakness

Ingrid and cat are weak to fire and super easy but arciale idk sometimes she takes nice dmg but other resisst

teodor is fire
plant is fire
morimar is fire

August is dark but dont remember what other element
arciela i dont know
white dragon i dont know

any tips please
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-12 23:38:18  
Sajj'aka is also dark, Arciela I believe is weak(er) to elements matching her current stance (so like Dark/Earth/Ice/Water for her dark stance).
 Ragnarok.Rydal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-09-12 23:50:39  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ended up getting to go tonight with LS, got all 3 ciphers and some 8% fast cast gloves. Now that I know how all the NMs behave I don't think it's really that hard at all. P3 Arciela is just a russian roulette of *** but aside from that...

As long as she doesn't roll the shark in her first or second summon, she'll drop before she becomes a problem.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-13 00:03:21  
honestly the tree was far more troublesome than the shark since MM did piddly ***dmg when everyone ran into safe range
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-13 00:15:14  
If you have a BLU and GEO in your party, you can Absolute Terror the last wave NM if you get Focus. Normal Stun works too for stopping the bad moves, but AT is simpler.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
By mrlooolz 2016-11-16 04:37:15  
I plan to try this.
1)What is a good fast set up?
2)What are some notable drops? I have a BST GEO SCH THF
3)Mainly going for august. Any tricks I should know? any other ciphers?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-11-16 08:10:02  
depends on how many people you take in with you i know blu x4 geo and whatever the f you want debuffing you can flat out destroy SR in about 4 minutes or so (depending on if ingrid decides to ignore occultation and sc yyou to death... ***)
By FaeQueenCory 2016-11-16 08:15:14  
1) Most any set up can clear this extremely quickly as long as your people aren't in super shitty gear *coughcoughsparkarmorcough* the only real requirement is to have a GEO and a tank. Everything else is just there to kill.

2) Notable Drops

3) Your tank can out run August's massive damage move by just running to the other side of the stadium at ~80s after he gets his wings. Other Trust Ciphers
By Pantafernando 2016-11-16 08:48:32  
mrlooolz said: »
I plan to try this.

I like blmx2, geo, schx2, tank.

Drop i personally want/like (always considerng maxed): taming sarix2, samnhua tights, dampening tam. Second to that, i would say serenity/medium sabot for high cure pot in 2 slots and for most jobs, samnhua coat for mab body, leyline for fast cast, talab legs for cdc, lilitu headpiece for ws.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-11-16 11:19:39  
You can alwaya bind/gravity august as well...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [226 days between previous and next post]
By minikomby 2017-06-30 15:46:21  
Hello

I just read on rng forum you can lock Indri the first npc pop on SR by using a great sword when entering.

i assume poper or person entering ppl have to equip the GS,

mito o really?
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-06-30 15:50:10  
minikomby said: »
Hello

I just read on rng forum you can lock Indri the first npc pop on SR by using a great sword when entering.

i assume poper or person entering ppl have to equip the GS,

mito o really?

Gonna say BS, I've been entering on RUN and Ingrid shows up probably less than 1/3 the time.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-30 16:16:07  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Gonna say BS, I've been entering on RUN and Ingrid shows up probably less than 1/3 the time.
WAR with GS, not RUN. Already said this on RNG forums, and theory hasn't been disproved yet.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-06-30 18:50:34  
Blazed1979 said: »
WAR with GS, not RUN. Already said this on RNG forums, and theory hasn't been disproved yet.

Hadn't seen the other post they were talking about and no mention of WAR main. Will have to try that out and see. If it works I wonder if anyone knows a similar gimmick for Teodor..
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2017-06-30 23:47:48  
Blazed1979 said: »

Hadn't seen the other post they were talking about and no mention of WAR main. Will have to try that out and see. If it works I wonder if anyone knows a similar gimmick for Teodor..

YouTube Video Placeholder

nooooo :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-01 00:44:30  
I'm crying real tears right now.

REAL. TEARS.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-07-01 01:55:15  
Yeah wasn't buying it would be something that simple. Think everyone who has every done this would've noticed getting the same guys when doing multiple runs with the same group. Instead at best you get some clumps
By Blazed1979 2017-07-01 06:49:04  
Nooooo =(, my theory busted.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [122 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-10-31 14:47:36  
Pantafernando said: »
mrlooolz said: »
I plan to try this.

I like blmx2, geo, schx2, tank.

Drop i personally want/like (always considerng maxed): taming sarix2, samnhua tights, dampening tam. Second to that, i would say serenity/medium sabot for high cure pot in 2 slots and for most jobs, samnhua coat for mab body, leyline for fast cast, talab legs for cdc, lilitu headpiece for ws.

FaeQueenCory said: »
1) Most any set up can clear this extremely quickly as long as your people aren't in super shitty gear *coughcoughsparkarmorcough* the only real requirement is to have a GEO and a tank. Everything else is just there to kill.

2) Notable Drops

3) Your tank can out run August's massive damage move by just running to the other side of the stadium at ~80s after he gets his wings. Other Trust Ciphers

Sorry for the necro, but just wanted to share my thoughts since I do this pretty regularly these days.

1) You don't need a tank. In fact, if you take a goods solid group of DDs, a buffer job, and a WHM then you can win. I normally take WAR or BLU, BRD (me), and WHM (mainly for the curagas to combat the AoEs spamfest).

2) A lot of these drops, if fully augmented, are still quite relevant these days. Check the BG wiki page which gives the full list of drops and their max augments.

3) Boss-specific tips:

Ingrid hits HARD. Don't be surprised if you have to spam Cure V or higher (with Affl. Solace, even) and deplete half of your MP or more. I still would not have DDs sub /NIN though. Use /SAM or /WAR for max damage.

Rosulatia likes to do AoE; Barstonra helps a lot. If you have BLUs they can easily handle the adds while focusing down Rosulatia, but we tend to ignore the adds.

Arciela (third phase) has two annoying summoning moves. If she summons the shark, just pile on top of the shark to avoid insta-death. On the other hand, if you see a giant tree -- RUN!!! (Anyone caught will be Doomed and it is a high-potency doom). For other summons, run out away from the person who has hate and you should be fine.

Sajj'aka (white dragon) has the worst AoE (all in range drop to critical HP). Curaga V is your best friend (assuming you were out of range and did not get hit by some deadly paralyze). If you are low on MP at the start of the fight, go ahead and just convert ahead of time.

August -- you have around a minute from when he gets his wings until he uses No Quarter -- a move that is insta-death if you are in range (conal, I think). You can run out of range to avoid it but anyone in between August and his target (line-of-sight) will likely die. If you have good DD, though, he will never reach this stage.

Basically on all stages you just need to zerg. You don't even need to have a full party of players. I have even gone in with 3 DD, me on WHM, and used Cornelia and Arciella II (Haste2 mainly). DDs should eat proper food, and everyone have echos and remedies (free from Ambuscade). DDs should grab some holy waters just in case of Arci's tree.

Gearwise, you should really be at least Ambuscade +1 or better. If possible, try to fight near the edge so that mage jobs can keep their distance from AoE, and so that you can use the edges to help reduce or prevent knockback.
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-10-31 15:08:39  
It's not that Ingrid hits hard. Her hits are actually very normal/weak. She has built-in retaliation is the problem. DW jobs can get outright instakilled by her when attacking her front

If you have 2 or more BLUs have one of them do MG and the other use Absolute Terror; it will render her completely powerless. Actually Terror nullifies all of the bosses except August so it's quite lovely if available
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-31 15:33:57  
Absolute Terror lands on all of them minus Rosulatia. I wouldn't really advise wasting it on Ingrid since she's one of the easiest opponents.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-10-31 15:44:10  
anyknow know what happend to those consumables from SR wich you could use and get the drop from the nm ?
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-10-31 15:55:21  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Absolute Terror lands on all of them minus Rosulatia. I wouldn't really advise wasting it on Ingrid since she's one of the easiest opponents.

Honestly, Ingrid is usually the only cause of headache due to retaliation and Amnesia. Also the Tiger! The rest are fodder and Sjakka is just annoying. Just my opinions of course
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-10-31 15:55:22  
I believe they're only obtainable from the Anniversary keys from gobbie box. :[
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-10-31 16:00:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
I believe they're only obtainable from the Anniversary keys from gobbie box. :[

would be nice to get them from login points ....
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-10-31 17:18:15  
Thanks for the info on Ingrid. That makes a lot of sense.

Didn't know about absolute terror -- will have to use that next attempt.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14