Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 216 217 218
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-23 16:19:27  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
I had a lot of military friends who were stationed in S.Korea rave about the seamstresses and consider that one of the best things about their time there....
"Seamstresses"....

Quote:
The prostitutes of early Seattle called themselves “seamstresses”. Prostitution was illegal while being a seamstress was perfectly legal so there were over 2,700 seamstresses living in Seattle in the late 1800’s.

However, the vast majority of the seamstresses (except for one or two), all lived on the same street in Pioneer Square. These seamstresses also provided the majority of the tax revenue for the city....

After an early census the members of the city council were a little baffled that there were over 2,700 seamstresses operating out of one relatively small area of Seattle. Investigators were sent out and imagine the surprise – not one sewing machine was found! Over 2,700 seamstresses – and not one sewing machine between them!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-23 16:21:40  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Uhh, is it some mystery where the Clintons get all their money from?

No, but Trump has made his income a huge mystery by refusing to release his tax returns until after the election..which doesn't look shady at all.
Refusing to release anything is shady. Remember Obama's college transcripts?
How about Trump's college transcripts? They getting audited too?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 16:23:44  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Fraud, classist discrimination, and a mountain of hilariously failed business ventures?
Is "classist discrimination" a new phrase liberals have made up for making stuff you can't afford?
Nah, that's called not making enough money.

No, his building were pretty well known for refusing to allow people of 'lesser status' from moving in, regardless of their wealth. Until he got a wrist slap for it.

It, apparently, drives down the overall worth of the building as a whole. Like those classic upper middle class white neighborhoods that passive aggressively harass people of a 'lesser class' that move in and drive down the entire neighborhoods worth.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-23 16:26:04  

No, but Trump has made his income a huge mystery by refusing to release his tax returns until after the election..which doesn't look shady at all.

So are you saying it's ok to refuse or that trump is just as shady as Obama in this regard?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 16:26:16  

I remember his birth certificate. Well done there, GOP.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-23 16:42:33  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

So are you saying it's ok to refuse or that trump is just as shady as Obama in this regard?

It is shady. There's no point in trying to gotcha me. The only justification I could see for Trump is that it's not like the media has been fair with him, so I could understand the hesitation. Nevertheless, I'm a big proponent of transparency in people seeking public office.

On a related note, I thought I read somewhere that Trump is refusing to release his college transcripts as well until Obama releases his.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-23 16:43:26  
AP FACT CHECK: Trump's distortions on Clinton
Newser.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's fierce denunciation of Hillary Clinton on Wednesday was rife with distortion.

He accused Clinton of announcing a withdrawal from Iraq that wasn't on her watch, pulled numbers out of nowhere on her plan for refugees and went beyond the established facts behind the killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya in stating starkly that she "left him there to die." In doing so, he assigned her far more influence in the world than she exercised as secretary of state.

A look at some of his assertions and how they stack up with the facts:
If you read the speech Trump gives Clinton more power than any Secretary of State and more than most presidents. Including, it seems, time travel.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-23 16:47:54  
All you had to do was read the transcript to know it was mostly made up drivel, and they are calling it his best speech.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-23 16:59:25  
All you had to do was read the transcript to know it was mostly made up drivel, and they are calling it his best speech.

Or I could read a legitimate fact-checking website to see that it was a mixed bag. He had some completely true and completely false statements, while Clinton's speech had a lot of misleading statements and not much on the extremes.

Besides, what made Trump's speech his "best" had only partially to do with what he said about Clinton.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-23 17:04:35  
You shouldn't need a fact checker to understand that the Secretary of State isn't the President and doesn't make Presidential announcements/decisions.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-23 17:11:15  
You shouldn't need a fact checker to understand that the Secretary of State isn't the President and doesn't make Presidential announcements/decisions.

There was far more to Trump's speech than anything that has to do with what you just said.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-23 17:21:46  
Not really, its just conservative talking points and bashing Clinton. No actual plan was presented, just empty statements like "massive tax reform" or "Obamacare bad." I don't know why you are so infatuated with this speech tbh.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-23 17:26:47  
The sad part is both of those are true.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-23 17:33:49  
I don't know why you are so infatuated with this speech tbh.

If I thought for a moment that where was ever a fiber in your being that could accept a speech by a Republican as being good, I would be willing to break it down for you. As it stands, I might as well explain it to a brick wall with "(D) Good, (R) Bad" written on it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-23 17:34:36  
*there

#edits4life
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-23 17:55:35  
It seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....

Ivanka Trump Sued for Allegedly Copying $785 Shoe Design
Yahoo! Style

Quote:
Fashion entrepreneur and shoe designer Ivanka Trump is being called out as a thief by high-end Italian footwear company Aquazzura. The footwear brand filed suit against Trump for allegedly stealing at least three of its designs and using them in her own, eponymous shoe line, the Huffington Post reports. Also named in the suit is Marc Fisher, the manufacturer Trump collaborates with, as well as two other companies. The suit accuses the companies of “repeated infringement” and “deceptive trade practices.”

One of the main complaints in Aquazzura’s suit, which was filed Tuesday in a Manhattan federal court, is related to the super sexy Wild Thing shoe ($785), a fringy, high-heeled sandal that looks almost identical to Trump’s Hettie stiletto ($145), which sells through retailers like Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, and Nordstrom. Let’s compare the two designs below: fringe covered in the front, reddish orange, and an ankle-wrapped tie with tassels. We think they look pretty similar, but Aquazzura will have to let a judge decide.

Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-23 18:42:03  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

that does it! now he no longer gets my vote!

I could look past TrumpU...his fat *** comments about rosie and his flip flopping on all the issues but nobody should get away with copying shoes!!!

/loud shreik
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-23 19:20:46  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
If making a knee is a qualifier then why do you always attack Hillary for making money?
I don't attack her for making money. Stop lying about what I am saying.

He said trump makes money using honest methods while Hillary doesnt. So just blanket statements.
I never said that either.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-23 20:40:51  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
fonewear said: »
In before discussion about how no one really needs a million dollars yet everyone would take it !
Money doesn't buy happiness. It really helps though.

I agree currency does keep society stable with a sense of order if the national economy is left to compete honestly and makes businesses responsible for reckless practices to fail without burdening the cost on tax payers.

But not a currency manipulated by a fractional reserve Central banking system only makes markets worse and destroys competition in marketing and effects all products artificially with nothing but the tax payers shoulders to bail the failed system of banking and reckless business practice out.
Give me a break. He was obviously talking about personally owning money. Like to pay the bills, go watch a movie, buy nice things. *rolls eyes*

So was I, currency is money.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-24 10:40:01  

It is shady. There's no point in trying to gotcha me. The only justification I could see for Trump is that it's not like the media has been fair with him, so I could understand the hesitation. Nevertheless, I'm a big proponent of transparency in people seeking public office.

On a related note, I thought I read somewhere that Trump is refusing to release his college transcripts as well until Obama releases his.
I'm not trying to gotcha... Seriously the paranoia when asking a simple question around here...

I was unaware that college transcripts was something required of a candidate to release information on... I don't see the relevance for either of them to release the information or why they really care not to...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-24 10:46:55  
I'm not trying to gotcha... Seriously the paranoia when asking a simple question around here...

I was unaware that college transcripts was something required of a candidate to release information on... I don't see the relevance for either of them to release the information or why they really care not to...
Trump calims to be a genius and to have graduated near the top of his class. So how about some proof?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-24 12:13:21  
Tax returns aren't a requirement to run for office either.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-24 16:17:38  
Tax returns aren't a requirement to run for office either.
True. And his would probably show he isn't worth 1/2 as much as he claims and ALL of his "proceeds to charity" claims are merely sales pitches.

Bet he graduated with "gentleman's Cs."
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-24 16:21:22  
And in other news Gawker published the DNC's stolen Trump opposition research files. Probably.

This Looks Like the DNC's Hacked Trump Oppo File

Quote:
A 200+ page document that appears to be a Democratic anti-Trump playbook compiled by the Democratic National Committee has leaked online following this week’s report that the DNC was breached by Russian hackers. In it, Trump is pilloried as a “bad businessman” and “misogynist in chief.”

The document—which according to embedded metadata was created by a Democratic strategist named Warren Flood—was created on December 19th, 2015, and forwarded to us by an individual calling himself “Guccifer 2.0,” a reference to the notorious, now-imprisoned Romanian hacker who hacked various American political figures in 2013.
Most of it is fairly standard Demo boiler plate, well targeted.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-24 17:23:31  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
fat *** comments about rosie
In what way could anyone put this in the "con" pile?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-24 18:56:21  
Lol
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-24 18:58:26  
Having someone with absolutely no tact interacting with unstable world leaders is a pretty awful idea.

Just for foreign relations, someone who might insult anybody at the drop of the hat in the presidents position is a really, really stupid idea.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-24 19:10:11  
Having someone with absolutely no tact interacting with unstable world leaders is a pretty awful idea.

Just for foreign relations, someone who might insult anybody at the drop of the hat in the presidents position is a really, really stupid idea.

It's a great idea. Everyone else can kiss our sweaty butt cracks.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-25 04:47:53  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

that does it! now he no longer gets my vote!

I could look past TrumpU...his fat *** comments about rosie and his flip flopping on all the issues but nobody should get away with copying shoes!!!

/loud shreik

That little bit from Trump secured his nomination in humble opinion !
By fonewear 2016-06-25 04:48:54  
Worthy of Shakespeare:

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 216 217 218