Trump Talk™

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 216 217 218
By fonewear 2016-06-23 11:45:31  
Edit 1 million isn't that much in my opinion I would say at least 10 million to be considered rich.
By fonewear 2016-06-23 11:46:25  
In before discussion about how no one really needs a million dollars yet everyone would take it !
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-23 11:48:16  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Unlikely that trump has made his billions through lying and unethical behavior.

That path to success is reserved for politicians of which trump is not.
What......

Besides what I mentioned above:

He whines if someone is mean to him, especially if they question his net worth.

He sued (and lost) a reporter for $4 billlion that stated Trump was worth a fraction of the billions he claimed. The judge dismissed the case after Trump stated the main method he used to evaluate his net worth was his feelings that day.

Forbes knocked him off the 400 list
between 1990-1996 and he went crying in an editorial to the LA Times about how Forbes has always been out to get him. Then last year he claims he never critiqued them for dropping him down the list.

Seriously.

Admit you like him because he is blunt to everyone and has no filter on speaking his mind on issues you agree with but don't act like he somehow has escaped being associated with any scandals in the last 40 years.

He has been involved in plenty.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 11:52:21  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
I define a successful business as one that makes profit or breaks even.

He has a pile of them that he dropped because they failed to meet the above standard.

As such, they failed.

Most businesses fail. I know it's hard to understand this from the bottom looking up, but the mega rich don't have to go all-in on the success of one business.
I'd really like it if you could point out exactly where I said Trump overall has failed at success. I really, really would.

I said most of his business ventures were spectacular failures. This is an objective fact.

Property was his first and only real hit. And as long as you have the starting money, like from a rather wealthy father, it doesn't take a genius to flip cheap land for profit.

His success in one field that's more about having money in the first place, doesn't mean much when he's touting his business sense as his ace for presidency.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 11:54:09  
fonewear said: »
In before discussion about how no one really needs a million dollars yet everyone would take it !
Money doesn't buy happiness. It really helps though.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 11:54:20  
Poor Hillary:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-06-23 11:54:44  

Sure it does have you ever seen someone frown with a hooker or riding a jet ski ?
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-23 11:55:05  
It reminds me of when people were calling Mitt Romney a business failure, as if there's some kind of code for the "proper" way to get rich. Apparently to be truly successful, every business you have ever invested in must succeed. I mean, look at those guys on Shark Tank. What a bunch of losers.

It's clear to me that people don't understand how high-end investing works. Businesses are mere pawns to increase your net worth. It's all a game of calculated risk. You know some of your businesses will fail, but it's a statistics game. As long as you end up ahead in the long run, you have won.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 11:58:28  
So wait if I invest millions of my own money in your business and I fail I'm a loser ? I'm starting to get it now !
By fonewear 2016-06-23 12:03:13  
It reminds me of when people were calling Mitt Romney a business failure, as if there's some kind of code for the "proper" way to get rich. Apparently to be truly successful, every business you have ever invested in must succeed. I mean, look at those guys on Shark Tank. What a bunch of losers.

It's clear to me that people don't understand how high-end investing works. Businesses are mere pawns to increase your net worth. It's all a game of calculated risk. You know some of your businesses will fail, but it's a statistics game. As long as you end up ahead in the long run, you have won.

The only way to get rich is to go to the Bernie Sanders school of Business. Do nothing (in the Senate) till you are 73 then ask for campaign contributions from middle America !
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-23 12:07:47  

I agree currency does keep society stable with a sense of order if the national economy is left to compete honestly and makes businesses responsible for reckless practices to fail without burdening the cost on tax payers.

But not a currency manipulated by a fractional reserve Central banking system only makes markets worse and destroys competition in marketing and effects all products artificially with nothing but the tax payers shoulders to bail the failed system of banking and reckless business practice out.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-23 12:08:35  

Have you looked into some of his businesses that failed?

High-end investing with hundreds of millions of dollars is usually not a game of craps. Large finance projects have been around for several decades and most people actually look at facts, cash flows, market, etc rather than tossing your hat in the ring.

Now, business that have relatively small investments initially (few million dollars up to lets say $15 million depending on their product) are absolutely scrutinized to a lesser extend, but that's not all of the businesses that he has been involved in.

He's made decisions that were stupid and that cost himself and his investors billions of dollars.

Billions of real dollars, not using his "feelings" net worth calculator.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-23 12:09:35  
I define a successful business as one that makes profit or breaks even.

He has a pile of them that he dropped because they failed to meet the above standard.

As such, they failed.

Most businesses fail. I know it's hard to understand this from the bottom looking up, but the mega rich don't have to go all-in on the success of one business. If you own or partly own a bunch of different businesses and 90% of them completely fail but the success of the other 10% makes you an overall profit? Guess what, you win.

Sure, Trump's 300% increase in net worth from 1988-2015 (according to Forbes) is low for a billionaire, but gaining 3 billion dollars in net worth in 27 years isn't exactly something to scoff at.
Sure... But again. Is the ability to make money a real qualifier to be president?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-23 12:11:19  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »

I agree currency does keep society stable with a sense of order if the national economy is left to compete honestly and makes businesses responsible for reckless practices to fail without burdening the cost on tax payers.

But not a currency manipulated by a fractional reserve Central banking system only makes markets worse and destroys competition in marketing and effects all products artificially with nothing but the tax payers shoulders to bail the failed system of banking and reckless business practice out.
Give me a break. He was obviously talking about personally owning money. Like to pay the bills, go watch a movie, buy nice things. *rolls eyes*
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 12:12:09  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Give me a break. He was obviously talking about personally owning money. Like to pay the bills, go watch a movie, buy nice things. *rolls eyes*

Don't validate his insanity with responses.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-23 12:13:44  
/abandon's thread

you're on your own!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-23 12:15:34  
No guys don't leave me alone with him please..

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-06-23 12:18:16  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I can be rich, all I need is a small loan of a million dollar.
Closer to $6.7 million at current rates.

I'm not greedy, 1 million is plenty!

Honesty 1 million isn't that much if you plan on living to 70.

Plan is to invest it now!

That's trump talk. You can't use your own wealth to make more. You must invest it in helping those less fortune. That is how you become wealthy !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-23 12:24:41  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Grimace is going to keep costs down on that wall.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 12:25:21  
You see that? Trump with a McDonald's icon.

TRUMP PROMOTES CHILDHOOD OBESITY.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-23 12:26:00  
Ramyrez said: »
You see that? Trump with a McDonald's icon.

TRUMP PROMOTES CHILDHOOD OBESITY.

I'm Chris Christie and I approve this message.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-23 12:28:05  
Hey Chris Christie has lost a lot of weight he used to look like this:

Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-23 12:31:40  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Sure... But again. Is the ability to make money a real qualifier to be president?

I never said it was. But people seem to jumping on the idea that losing money is a disqualifier, so it's fair game for rebuttal.
Bahamut.Kara said: »

Have you looked into some of his businesses that failed?

High-end investing with hundreds of millions of dollars is usually not a game of craps. Large finance projects have been around for several decades and most people actually look at facts, cash flows, market, etc rather than tossing your hat in the ring.

Now, business that have relatively small investments initially (few million dollars up to lets say $15 million depending on their product) are absolutely scrutinized to a lesser extend, but that's not all of the businesses that he has been involved in.

He's made decisions that were stupid and that cost himself and his investors billions of dollars.

Billions of real dollars, not using his "feelings" net worth calculator.

But again, he has managed to end up ahead in the end as a multi-billionaire. If you want to discuss the potential of that being due to dumb luck and not actual business acumen, we can have that conversation.

If two investors roll the dice on two high-risk investments with an equal chance of success but one wins and the other loses, the one who wins will be labeled as a brilliant and shrewd investor while the other will be labeled an idiot who took too big of a risk. Yeah, Trump had some plays that ended very badly, but people are too willing to judge the end result without looking at the details.

But whatever, you're an economist and probably understand this already anyway. Maybe one of these days we can actually have a in-depth conversation without people chiming in who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-23 12:35:57  
Still not seeing where I said he was a failure at making money.

Probably because I never did. But, y'know.
By fonewear 2016-06-23 12:36:36  
I don't always argue economics with people but when I do it's on a 10 plus year old video game forum !
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-23 12:45:50  

But again, he has managed to end up ahead in the end as a multi-billionaire. If you want to discuss the potential of that being due to dumb luck and not actual business acumen, we can have that conversation.

If two investors roll the dice on two high-risk investments with an equal chance of success but one wins and the other loses, the one who wins will be labeled as a brilliant and shrewd investor while the other will be labeled an idiot who took too big of a risk. Yeah, Trump had some plays that ended very badly, but people are too willing to judge the end result without looking at the details.

But whatever, you're an economist and probably understand this already anyway. Maybe one of these days we can actually have a in-depth conversation without people chiming in who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Oh blind luck is absolutely a factor, along with charisma. Obtaining investors has far less to do with the product or service being taken to market than the people involved.

I've met several angel investors and venture capital investment firms that say point blank if you can't sell your idea in a charismatic way, they will not be investing with you. Charisma with a shitty product and unrealistic plan will get funding over the person who can't pump up himself and his excellent product.

They (investors) are also heavily influenced by the trends at the time (e.g. biomedical start-ups in ~2004 to 2010 that had heavy investments in products that were not remotely ready for market).

Trump has created a brand, and he does the marketing for that brand really, really well. He has an ego that lets him sell snake oil to people while acting like it is the best product in the world. It's one of the reasons he's still able to attract investors when his record has been -at best- spotty in terms of recouped investment, let alone profit.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-23 12:49:03  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Trump has created a brand, and he does the marketing for that brand really, really well. He has an ego that lets him sell snake oil to people while acting like it is the best product in the world. It's one of the reasons he's still able to attract investors when his record has been -at best- spotty in terms of recouped investment, let alone profit.

This is among the more offensive aspects of the man and I don't understand how anyone can accept this in a person. It's like commissioned salespeople being slimy, loud, pushy, etc. They do it because it works, and I don't understand who is so *** stupid that it works on them, but apparently it's the vast majority of people.

I don't get it. It's loathsome and makes me want to be as far away from the salesperson as possible and certainly under NO circumstances let them run my country.
By fonewear 2016-06-23 12:53:22  
So you are saying trump made billions of dollars off of being lucky and charismatic. So if he were starting Fallout 4 he would have no Endurance Strength Intelligence etc. That sounds like a terrible Fallout 4 character...

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 216 217 218