SE Does See The Problem With Pld....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » SE does see the problem with pld....
SE does see the problem with pld....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-08 21:48:12  
but from the looks of it doesn't know/unsure of how to fix it.

for the lazy:
Quote:
We are aware that paladins are having a difficult time when damage dealers push the limits of their abilities in battle and we plan on making adjustments so that it’s easier for paladins to grab the focus of a target. However, since it would quickly become boring and lack any sense of challenge if party members were able to fight without fear of enmity as long as a paladin is present, it will be necessary to take into account the proper enmity balance between every role in party situations. Not only thieves, but magic and songs amongst other things are there to assist in taming enmity, so it would be beneficial to utilize those tools as well.

In regards to increasing the enmity for paladin’s cures, we are currently looking into it.

Since paladin would pretty much be able to do anything if we increase both its defense and attack, we will not be doing this. (A paladin’s weapon skill damage output isn’t low by any means.)

Thoughts?
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-08 21:57:42  
Quote:
we will not be doing this.

I believe them when they say they wont do anything.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2011-08-08 22:06:04  
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Quote:
we will not be doing this.

lol QFT
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-08 22:07:59  
Lakshmi.Galith said:
So everything else they said was a lie then? meh if I was a pld I would at least like the fact that SE is sharing there problems with balancing pld and maybe take this chance to tell them what you think should happen with the job.

If nothing else this post proves without a doubt that they know about the pld hate issue when partying with top tier DD. So i'd start giving them insight on what you think they should do (becuase they ARE lisening) before your job becomes 100% useless (right now i'd say its at 80% useless sence literally everyone and there grandma thinks that voidwatch aside... pld is ***everywhere).
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-08 22:13:02  
lol'd at the regard to Animus spells and emnity songs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-08 22:13:48  
Giving them a way to get the attention of a mob quickly. Hopefully a provoke like JA that gives some CE and decent VE.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-08 22:15:28  
In 13, the Setinel's provoke would totally just rip hate from everyone else for a turn or two if I remember right.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-08 22:21:58  
Quote:
However, since it would quickly become boring and lack any sense of challenge if party members were able to fight without fear of enmity as long as a paladin is present, it will be necessary to take into account the proper enmity balance between every role in party situations. Not only thieves, but magic and songs amongst other things are there to assist in taming enmity, so it would be beneficial to utilize those tools as well.

In regards to increasing the enmity for paladin’s cures, we are currently looking into it.

Since paladin would pretty much be able to do anything if we increase both its defense and attack, we will not be doing this. (A paladin’s weapon skill damage output isn’t low by any means.)

the bold made me lol a little. :|
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-08 22:24:23  
Fenrir.Uzugami said:
Quote:
However, since it would quickly become boring and lack any sense of challenge if party members were able to fight without fear of enmity as long as a paladin is present, it will be necessary to take into account the proper enmity balance between every role in party situations. Not only thieves, but magic and songs amongst other things are there to assist in taming enmity, so it would be beneficial to utilize those tools as well.

Because ff11 isn't hard? or becuase you think that statment was full of crap?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-08 22:24:43  
Fenrir.Uzugami said:
Quote:

lol yea.
Implying the game isn't already boring as hell.
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-08 22:25:57  
Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said:
So everything else they said was a lie then?

No, it just means they're aware of it, and that they're not going to do anything.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-08 22:30:00  
Fenrir.Uzugami said:
Quote:

Because ff11 isn't hard? or becuase you think that statment was full of crap?
Because game isn't hard etc boring as hell unless you grind out emp's etc. And they have no problem making other jobs broken as hell, yet can't seem to bring themselves to fix pld. :O
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2011-08-08 22:33:19  
make PLD weaponskills do massive damage...

there. i fixed it.
[+]
By AlkalineJoe 2011-08-08 22:35:01  
We shouldn't have a PLD always present to suppress the enmity gain of other DD jobs, but SE says RNG's should always have a THF around to fix their enmity issues? I swear, SE, you don't make any sense sometimes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-08 22:36:55  
Bismarck.Danz said:
make PLD weaponskills do massive damage...

there. i fixed it.

Use atonement, duh. oh wait. :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Topdogg
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: opti09
By Carbuncle.Topdogg 2011-08-08 22:37:51  
could allow us to merit provoke or something or like they said, increase enmity on pld cures
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-08 22:41:06  
Or, you know. Give PLD a STR based critical hit WS that's not Vorpal blade.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashido
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2011-08-08 23:16:08  
In abyssea only leeches pld.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-08 23:23:02  
make pld main's ce/ve caps higher than any other main job and i'd be content tbh; it doesn't even need to be vastly higher by any means either, preferably a minuscule difference between pld and not-pld so that people who know how to control enmity values will shine over those who could/would just blow sentinel off the bat and call it a day

anything you wouldn't want swinging at a melee, will not swing at the melee (assuming the pld in question doesn't suck), freeing them from having to co-tank, allowing them to fully make use of their offensive capability

vwnm for instance, our pld without doubt will never die (dring/galka/aegis/excalibur), but rest assured the moment i even merely give what he's tanking a funny look, it's like OH MY GOD I HATE YOU A LOT OK YOU'RE THE NEW TANK

and then i'm forced to wear -magic/-physical sets until i either hop off of it, or otherwise decide to fall over and take a dirt nap

mind you, even if they went through with it and did this, it doesn't make the job anything more than a time and key item edge cleaver inside abyssea (ochain ahoy), nor any more useful for the other bulk of ffxi content that can be done without a pld with ease, but it certainly would make it a bit more impressive outside for vwnm and what's to come
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-08 23:31:20  
Carbuncle.Topdogg said:
could allow us to merit provoke or something or like they said, increase enmity on pld cures

merit a JA that pld doesn't normally have..... what?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Beef
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-08-08 23:51:23  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Fenrir.Uzugami said:
Quote:

lol yea.
Implying the game isn't already boring as hell.

and yet people still play.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-08-08 23:56:26  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Topdogg said:

merit a JA that pld doesn't normally have..... what?

I think they should give pld provoke innately as well as maybe a provoke ii. Also maybe raise the hate cap for pld. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know how to fix pld but even though I don't even play anymore, I'd like to hope se can fix it since it was my first 75 and one of the jobs I really found fun.
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-08-08 23:57:00  
My PLD already beast. Only crappy pld cant get hate back now. See - hi im hate cap, any enmity generating action will put you back on top unless you are slouching off (Yes, even a measely cure 1)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-08-08 23:58:31  
but from the looks of it doesn't know/unsure of how to fix it.

for the lazy:
Quote:
We are aware that paladins are having a difficult time when damage dealers push the limits of their abilities in battle and we plan on making adjustments so that it’s easier for paladins to grab the focus of a target. However, since it would quickly become boring and lack any sense of challenge if party members were able to fight without fear of enmity as long as a paladin is present, it will be necessary to take into account the proper enmity balance between every role in party situations. Not only thieves, but magic and songs amongst other things are there to assist in taming enmity, so it would be beneficial to utilize those tools as well.

Thoughts?

paladin was a casualty of a mechanics shift that i'm in favor of

the mechanics that allow lowman lses to thrive are the same mechanics that make pld obselete(outside of voidwatchvoidwatchvoidwatch)

make an omelette, break a few eggs, etc.

pld is a price i'm willing to pay, and i was main pld pre abyssea
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-08 23:58:37  
Asura.Natenn said:
My PLD already beast.

DOESN'T STOP THINGS FROM LOOKING AT ME NATEN

[+]
 Asura.Natenn