SE Does See The Problem With Pld....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » SE does see the problem with pld....
SE does see the problem with pld....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Wenuden 2011-08-09 12:30:44  
God I hope this war/dnc is tryin to troll.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-09 12:54:05  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
mortontony1 said:
Yes yes I did
I've outtanked him NIN/DNC while dualboxing a BLM for grellow procs. All he did was feed the NM a shitton of TP along with the THF and lolBST that were also there (especially the BST, contributed nothing else to the fight), which was fun *** times considering it was Quasimodo. 2k spikes every 10 seconds, anyone?

Calling a Skeld Sword, Sattva Ring, Knight's Earring PLD awesome is laughable.
well, when you compare it to his war...
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-08-09 12:57:44  
Cerberus.Kelhor said:

1) hate caps the same for everyone
2) DDs can mitigate damage just fine (or better!) while doing damage
3) PLD damage is pretty meh without an empyrean or relic

To address point #2:
What if SE reduced the -dmg taken% cap on all other jobs except pld? idk maybe reduce dmg taken cap to 20 or 25 for most jobs. It would make it harder to tank as a war or mnk or w/e and at least make pld a little bit more viable, right?
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-09 13:03:22  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

To address point #2:
What if SE reduced the -dmg taken% cap on all other jobs except pld? idk maybe reduce dmg taken cap to 20 or 25 for most jobs. It would make it harder to tank as a war or mnk or w/e and at least make pld a little bit more viable, right?

Problem there is, if you remove/hinder DDs ability to tank (and yes, shadows/3rd eye would still work in that setup), you now have one job out of twenty that becomes required for a lot of things, and mostly kills the idea of doing things lowman, unless your lowman group is sporting an Aegis or Ochain (or both).

SE actually sort of went the other way with this, by letting Mythic/Relic PLDs break the cap the other way.

I don't think it would be good for the game, though; I love paladin, but I don't want the game as a whole to suffer, and making any job essentially required is bad for the game.

edit: Oh, and you could make -damage taken cap at 5 on monk, and it would still be a better way to go for a lot of fights. Counterstance+HP in Abyssea is essentially idiot proof and works on a lot of things.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-09 13:06:45  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Cerberus.Kelhor said:

1) hate caps the same for everyone
2) DDs can mitigate damage just fine (or better!) while doing damage
3) PLD damage is pretty meh without an empyrean or relic

To address point #2:
If SE did that all the DD would say "wtf SE!" for nerfing them.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-08-09 13:10:33  
Cerberus.Kelhor said:
Stuff

I may love you

mortontony1 said:
Yes yes I did

So, your WAR doesn't pull hate off a Sattva PLD. I think we're narrowing in on the problem.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-08-09 13:11:00  
Cerberus.Kelhor said:

edit: Oh, and you could make -damage taken cap at 5 on monk, and it would still be a better way to go for a lot of fights. Counterstance+HP in Abyssea is essentially idiot proof and works on a lot of things.

Well I don't really think you can fix pld in abyssea.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-09 13:18:06  
SE has backed themselves into a corner with PLD's design and the present state of game mechanics.

If the job is not useful, then we have the undesirable situation in which the job goes more or less ignored aside from soloing and the occasional LS member bringing the job to events anyway more or less because they can instead of any actual utility. This essentially describes the situation of the past few years and can also be applied to several other jobs as well.

The other side of that coin is the situation where PLD is not only useful, but necessary in order to succeed at a given event. This isn't quite as big a problem as it used to be since jobs are so easy to level and gear now but it still strikes me as poor game design. This is the situation SE seems to be trending towards with Voidwatch, and is largely due to the way SE has made great efforts to push other jobs out of the turtle tanking niche in an attempt to give PLD something to work with. There are some other, less popular options that may gain ground in time which is the most desirable scenario, but it's a fine line.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-09 13:26:41  
Hmmm let PLD use Great Axes again and give them access to raging rush while using a shield! (they could use GAXE in the beta right?)
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-09 13:28:13  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Hmmm let PLD use Great Axes again and give them access to raging rush while using a shield! (they could use GAXE in the beta right?)

Nope. They've already said they won't boost our damage, anyway.

Seriously, where did you hear that?

/NA PS2 Beta

edit: besides, if we're getting anything back from the old days, I want the old shield rules back
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-09 13:35:52  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Cerberus.Kelhor said:
Stuff

I may love you

mortontony1 said:
Yes yes I did

So, your WAR doesn't pull hate off a Sattva PLD. I think we're narrowing in on the problem.
The fact he doesn't have SAM or NIN leveled as a viable sub is all the info I need.

Please work on improving WAR before even contemplating a Ukon.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-09 13:39:08  
Asura.Izilder said:
1. Trying to MPK a holder in this day and age with Sargas over a Tiamat - is pathetic and make's you and your LS look real derp.
Makes them look smarter than someone who wouldn't do that... The NM is there, may as well use it to your advantage.
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-08-09 13:46:36  
I know I'm a little late to the party

mortontony1 said:
See you're taking that out of context, I said in solo play. In a party play (in my parties at least) having our PLD actually increases dmg output. I'm currently a fulltime WAR and because our tank is so awesome, I can keep berserk up and spam Raging Rush (Ukko's soon) with no fear I'll pull hate or, because berserk is up/don't have good tank gear, take massive amounts of damage and die.

But, seriously?
 Leviathan.Narshe
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-08-09 13:51:07  
Fenrir.Captaincrunch said:

mortontony1 said:
See you're taking that out of context, I said in solo play. In a party play (in my parties at least) having our PLD actually increases dmg output. I'm currently a fulltime WAR and because our tank is so awesome, I can keep berserk up and spam Raging Rush (Ukko's soon) with no fear I'll pull hate or, because berserk is up/don't have good tank gear, take massive amounts of damage and die.

But, seriously?
I'm eating you.. right now.. how does it feel?
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-08-09 13:52:40  
I'm overwhelmed with both fear and arousal.

I like it
[+]
 Leviathan.Narshe
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-08-09 13:53:33  
;) Crunchatize me cap'n.

(k sorry for derailing :x)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-09 13:54:03  

mortontony1 said:

But, seriously?

Hey CC you *** amazing taru you! I'm dropping my Rajas and getting Sattva so YOU CAN DO THAT TOO!!! Also dumping my haste gear down to 12% needs moar enmity for TP.

ILU CC
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-08-09 13:54:45  
<3 You're too good to me.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 14:11:58  
<3 You're too good to me.
You hurt the roof of my mouth! *** you!
[+]
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-08-09 14:20:32  
You'll learn to love it, I promise.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-09 14:27:44  
mortontony1 said:
Hey NIN gets damn expensive, especially on things like that damn rabbit in Misareaux

Not supposed to sub anything other than sam on warrior, ever.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-08-09 15:02:56  
Chill.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8