SE Does See The Problem With Pld....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » SE does see the problem with pld....
SE does see the problem with pld....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 04:12:20  
Ramuh.Austar said:
PLD doesn't need a fix, just needs to be outside of abyssea just like other useless jobs such as SAM, DRK, DRG, etc.
That's my take on it, like so much in this game

***'s situational

This isn't limited to gear
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 04:13:16  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
PLD doesn't need a fix, just needs to be outside of abyssea just like other useless jobs such as SAM, DRK, DRG, etc.

***'s situational

People keep bitching about ***that has what, 2 months tops of being current content? As soon as abyssea is over, PLD will shine again. Just need to shut the hell up and let us MNKs and WARs have our fun.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 04:14:51  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

***'s situational

People keep bitching about ***that has what, 2 months tops of being current content? As soon as abyssea is over, PLD will shine again. Just need to shut the hell up and let us MNKs and WARs have our fun.
Austar
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 04:15:34  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

***'s situational

Austar
What's a pup?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 04:16:28  
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 04:17:21  
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 04:17:59  
I can't stay mad at that face :(

I'll go change to MNK now
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-08-09 04:20:00  
I had an idea when thinking about how they could fix the hate issue, but as people said it would mean a PLD could hold hate while DDs tear the ***out of a mob without pulling hate.

Like with the sphere effects on the new gear, make a PLD piece that has sphere: "suppresses enmity" that effects people around the PLD but not the PLD itself. Maybe make it not so potent where a PLD can infinitly hold hate, but make it easier on them.

Just an idea really :/
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 04:31:02  
All PLD needs is a better environment.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 04:42:05  
Ramuh.Austar said:
It's just hard for people to comprehend PLDs thrive in Saltwater not Freshwater :<
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 04:43:12  
Ramuh.Austar said:
It's just hard for people to comprehend PLDs thrive in Saltwater not Freshwater :<
yeah. :(
 Fenrir.Crystenne
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-08-09 04:55:49  
Quote:
The only ways S-E can restore PLD to prominence are to:
1. remove, or seriously decrease, mages' ability to spam-cure,

Not really, you just illustrated the point that this was perfectly fine outside Abyssea. As far as I'm concerned PLD's problems need to be addressed going forward, not for old content. I'd rather people let it go and face the fact that Abyssea is MNK's niche, much like say, RDM was for Salvage. 

Quote:
2. *GREATLY* increase a PLD's enmity gain (allowing PLD a higher "cap" on enmity than all other jobs) and damage mitigation capability, or,

I'm more inclined to agree with the first idea here, faster enmity gain would be nice but a good PLD already did this just fine at 75. I would suggest maybe faster enmity decay for other jobs and an emphasis on the enmity reduction traits like on the Creed gear. 

Raising the enmity cap for PLD is a terrible idea as it allows your DDs to go all out with no repercussions. At least with higher decay your DDs will still have to manage hate somewhat. 

Quote:
3. grant PLD a potent sword WS that isn't Atonement.

Chant du Cygne says hi. 
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-09 05:26:16  
Chill.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-09 05:40:39  
What are we chilling about?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 05:42:36  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Dunno, things seemed pretty chill since I've been here :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 05:43:29  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Dunno, things seemed pretty chill since I've been here :(
That seal face was completely uncalled for however, I demand your post be edited
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 05:47:16  
I think I got what's going on, since he can't be on all the time Krizz implemented an Auto-chill feature, it generates a Chill in the most active job discussion thread. I mean it's just common sense.

Next version update: the /sigh-ilator
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 05:48:23  
I think I got what's going on, since he can't be on all the time Krizz implemented an Auto-chill feature, it generates a Chill in the most active job discussion thread. I mean it's just common sense.

It obviously detects our posts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 05:49:36  
Ramuh.Austar said:

It obviously detects our posts.fear and usage of logic
ftfy
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 05:51:21  
Ramuh.Austar said:

ftfy
Or our superiority complex.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-09 05:52:47  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

ftfy
Or our superiority complex.
and so on and so forth
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-08-09 06:26:27  
Just make every NM have an Additional Effect of Death on all their melee attacks that only PLD is immune to.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-08-09 06:27:28  
they need to look at BSTs snarl effect and modify it to drop enmity from everyone cept the PLD and put a high timer on it of 20ish min or so lol
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-09 07:31:07  
I was more amused reading the banter between natenn and ironguy than the same "fix-pld" theories i've seen since toau.

At least no one said "give pld native provoke" this time (or i skimmed over it).

How mad would everyone be if they added a stagger system like abyssea-!! next "in game event" and made half of them pld :x
 Fenrir.Arianna
user: arianna
By Fenrir.Arianna 2011-08-09 07:35:10  
I just had an idea for a new JA that could help PLDs :3 Forgive me if the idea has been brought up before; I haven't read many of the PLD QQ threads...

A Collaborator/Accomplice - like JA that steals VE from one party member. The VE gained from use of this JA could go beyond the cap, but once it decays, that's it. The PLD is still at the normal enmity cap.

The usefulness would depend on the recast and % of hate that could be transferred. It would be most effective when the user's VE is already at or near cap.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-09 07:37:35  
Fenrir.Arianna said:
I just had an idea for a new JA that could help PLDs :3 Forgive me if the idea has been brought up before; I haven't read many of the PLD QQ threads... A Collaborator/Accomplice - like JA that steals VE from one party member. The VE gained from use of this JA could go beyond the cap, but once it decays, that's it. The PLD is still at the normal enmity cap. The usefulness would depend on the recast and % of hate that could be transferred. It would be most effective when the user's VE is already at or near cap.

I thought they were going to do something like this when they said they were going to rework cover.
 Lakshmi.Razius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2011-08-09 07:49:39  
Maybe just more hate making spells and Jas, varients of flash and voke so a PLD is just doing stuff more often, though the auto refresh may have to be enhanced slightly.

Pending on build, play style and atma selection for abyssea (not done VW but it has a simular system?) I'm sure with just a few minor changes or additions PLDs can offer a bit more threat. I doubt it will take over from the more common tanks used nowadays, and it wont have to gimp other jobs, wont have to be "stupid" (such as stated earlier with mobs ignoring the 9k+ DDs), wont have to alter cure hate, just maybe add a little damage output, wouldnt hurt at any rate to help kill stuff faster. Just something realistic that fits the job ethos and the game, and would allow to keep the hate once its built much more effectivily.

I love PLD and its been fun to play, but if its seen the end of its day then so be it.

Off topic slightly and probably wouldnt suit the system XI uses, but theres a simular problem in Dragon Age where a sword/shield Warrior tank can sometimes find it hard to keep hate off the heavy DDs, even mages, and generally use a 2H weapon or rely on a high stamina and 100% magic reduction build. A Templar/Reaver (or Dark Paladin if you will), if played right, can really cause some chaos in DAs AOE tanking environment.

If PLD was allowed to open up a less "holier than thou" route of tanking, adding spells or abilities that really nark mobs and stab into the family weaknesses, some thing that I see what a paladin is meant to do. The job that really is that arse in thier shiny armour that just never seems to relent no matter whats done to them, that you just want to slap in the face cos its always in yours, then I can see a place for them in modern XI, allowing the Monks and the Thieves and the Ninjas to really get down and dirty and do thier thing.

And hey, you never know, PLDs may end up tanking again once in a while.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 07:54:06  
It's not the generation of hate for PLD, it's the keeping it once the DD reach the cap.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-09 08:05:24  
When you guys say "problem with pld", are you referring to how much of a pain it is to get Colorless Souls compared to other Empyrean items?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Razius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2011-08-09 08:10:17  
Ive had a lil idea, I don't know if it could be effective or not, or how people would recieve the idea, but what about a PLD only weaponskill that enhances flash enimity, and flash enhancing said weaponskill enimity. Or even making flash and PLD abilities more potent with repeated use of this WS. Sure Atonement is meant to do that but with such a low damage cap its kind of useless once people strap on thier atmas and cruor buffs.

Its not a unrealistic addition, and its not adding a inherient provoke and what not which some people are either against or just think would be too "broken". Its just enhancing what PLD natively has.

Like in my wall of text earlier, just something new we can spam that gives PLDs that extra hate making tool, allowing them to keep it that much better. That way non Almace/Ochain/Aegis PLDs can get a look in now and then.

Either that, or make the armour so shiny, the sun reflects into the mobs eyes. If it worked for Lightning McQueen im sure it would for Paladin ^^
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8