SE Does See The Problem With Pld....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » SE does see the problem with pld....
SE does see the problem with pld....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Ska681 2011-08-09 15:03:08  
two abilitys could fix PLD
1)stare-combined w/ amount of TP used during next ws PLD will lock the target onto thenselves for X number of sec's
100tp=10sec
200tp=15sec
300tp=20sec
recast 2:30
2)enemity shield-all enmity gained by the target(party member) is given to the pld
last 5-10sec
recast 5min
along w/ the other tools PLD has this should be enuff for them to control hate if the rest of the group is willing to not go all out 100% of the time and use a strat going into the fight.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-09 15:07:08  
Ska681 said:
1)stare-combined w/ amount of TP used during next ws PLD will lock the target onto thenselves for X number of sec's
100tp=10sec
200tp=15sec
300tp=20sec
2)enemity shield-all enmity gained by the target(party member) is given to the pld
last 5-10sec
recast 5min
along w/ the other tools PLD has this should be enuff for them to control hate if the rest of the group is willing to not go all out 100% of the time and use a strat going into the fight.
In the situations that it can be done in, (Read: Idk how Voidwatch is only done it a few times etc) I don't see why other jobs should restrict themselves just so the PLD can keep hate.
By Ska681 2011-08-09 15:09:01  
Fenrir.Uzugami said:
Ska681 said:
two abilitys could fix PLD 1)stare-combined w/ amount of TP used during next ws PLD will lock the target onto thenselves for X number of sec's 100tp=10sec 200tp=15sec 300tp=20sec recast 2:30 2)enemity shield-all enmity gained by the target(party member) is given to the pld last 5-10sec recast 5min along w/ the other tools PLD has this should be enuff for them to control hate if the rest of the group is willing to not go all out 100% of the time and use a strat going into the fight.
In the situations that it can be done in, (Read: Idk how Voidwatch is only done it a few times etc) I don't see why other jobs should restrict themselves just so the PLD can keep hate.
not saying they need to restrict themselves but the days of zerging are over and i am gald. But having people hold off til a PLD calls for short little zergs through out the fight and using a battle strat is harder than just "Lets get 12DD'd and some mages and bards and kill it"

I am glad SE seems like they are planning to bring back the group strats that were around back at the 75cap, and hope they push this up and make it more complex to have a big group.
Look at jobs that SE has said will have hate control abilitys comming up- DRG,THF,RNG,BRD,SCH,ALL PET JOBS and there is still WAR,PLD,NIN,DNC that have always had them. They have wanted to balance the game and from what it looks like they are doing this. The days of Xjobs only allowed cause its proven to work the best are over.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-09 15:09:50  
Ska681 said:
1)stare-combined w/ amount of TP used during next ws PLD with lock the target onto thenselves for X number of sec's
100tp=10sec
200tp=15sec
300tp=20sec
2)enemity shield-all enmity gained by the target if given to the pld
last 5-10sec
recast 5min

1) Locking the target would allow DDs to go absolutely balls to the wall, which SE has categorically stated they do not want and will not allow.

2) Again, for the 890,243,425th time, gaining enmity is not the problem. The problem is that doing damage gains enmity really really fast, and modern DDs do so much damage so quickly that unless Enmity Shield had the duration/recast of Hasso, that's not going to work. And if it did, it'd be problem #1 all over again, which again, SE has said flat out on a number of occasions, that they are not going to do.

I mean, if people are going to keep proposing things, at least get creative, like "Enlight's additional effect lowers everyone's entry on the hate table except the PLD's" or something. You know, something that does SE's usual song and dance of trying to get us to use something they put in that we ignored
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-08-09 15:12:15  
Never seen a more pointless Topic of people repeating themselves O.O. Nothing related to enmity will help paladin as people have said, I personally have no problem keeping hate off any jobs unless a RNG is going all out with his balls out, Melee pretty much just run in and out between tp attacks and/or Run in for WS's or procs. Quite frankely unless you have like 14-18 people, it's pretty difficult to DD tank Celeano/Voidwrought/Hahava effectively (Because you would not have all the refresh/curing power if you had less people), so really in this case (the only place pld is useful really) Pld is doing it's job, even at lvl 75 You could just go sam/nin and tank half the things Pld could or have a nin/drk or rdm/nin tank something. Other jobs will have hate sometimes, pld does not need much fixing, dd's in abyssea (where people seem to wanna use pld) are just too broken, but plds aren't neccesary there so... who cares!
[+]
By Ska681 2011-08-09 15:29:31  
@kelhor 20sec's every 2:30 isnt holding the target to the PLD that long for the most part. And if the DD's to go balls out you still have to remember the PLD's not going to have hate when the times out.
I picked those recast because mixxed w/ other recast times from current abilitys a PLD will have plenty of tools to control hate. I am not saying the mob wont break off of the PLD but thats why you make DD's have some ability to Protect themselves for a short time.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-09 15:34:33  
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Never seen a more pointless Topic of people repeating themselves O.O. Nothing related to enmity will help paladin as people have said, I personally have no problem keeping hate off any jobs unless a RNG is going all out with his balls out, Melee pretty much just run in and out between tp attacks and/or Run in for WS's or procs. Quite frankely unless you have like 14-18 people, it's pretty difficult to DD tank Celeano/Voidwrought/Hahava effectively (Because you would not have all the refresh/curing power if you had less people), so really in this case (the only place pld is useful really) Pld is doing it's job, even at lvl 75 You could just go sam/nin and tank half the things Pld could or have a nin/drk or rdm/nin tank something. Other jobs will have hate sometimes, pld does not need much fixing, dd's in abyssea (where people seem to wanna use pld) are just too broken, but plds aren't neccesary there so... who cares!

I tried to subtly give the hint that people have been whining about the same crap for literally years and posting the wrong solutions, no one listens. We'll have a thread in 2 weeks about "meriting provoke timer and a flash aura after casting divine magic".

Some people will refuse to get it.
[+]
 Shiva.Johneblaze
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Johneblaze 2011-08-09 15:35:50  
I know I keep reading emnity is not the problem but what if instead of lock target or increased emnity pld had a hate reset of some sort either for the emnity on party OR on emnity totals for said mob tweaking emnity is way more realistic than ZOMG dd pld from SE and I doubt they are gonna rework emnity in general as you are talking about overhauling a serious part of the game engine.
By Blazed1979 2011-08-09 15:37:00  
Besides SE finally responding to the community about PLD's plight, there's nothing noteworthy in this thread.

I'm glad SE aren't going to boost PLD's attack like all the morons have been lobbying for. Their response of 'that would be overpowered and broken' sums it up, and its actually the first time SE has migrated away from their vague responses and comments about job specifics. This I like. I hope this candid dialogue continues and they don't return to their old ways of having political speech writers re-word and chop down every public comment they make.

If anything, SE needs to find a reason for PLD, as it currently exists, to be involved in current and future scenarios / situations.

Hate cap / Enmity mechanics was the most obvious and popular method by the community. But it looks like they have some issues there with the code. (they just revamped the enmity issues in FFXIV with no probs)

ATK and Defense both need to be adjusted. Capping at 999 on both was designed for a world full of Lv.75 players. (Actually Lv.50 if you wanna be more precise)

Removing the ATK and Defense cap poses other problems though, but it would also give all the "math" people something to do with their nerdy free time after they fail to get laid this summer.

A way to make PLD effective would be to grant it the same type of tweeks that RNG has constantly "suffered/benefited/suffered/benefited maybe?/idk anymore" from.

For instance, grant PLD a damage taken % reduction bonus based on current lvl vs mob's lvl.
Make it kick in on mobs above IT @ Lv.99 only.
Of course the new HNMs they're about to introduce would need to be so aggressive that it would make using DD-tanks a visit to "ouch town", but it would also allow PLDs to be granted enough of a defensive bonus to effectively be a tank.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-09 15:44:15  
Att and Def don't actually cap at 999, only the display caps at 999.
[+]
 Shiva.Johneblaze
By Shiva.Johneblaze 2011-08-09 15:45:41  
Blazed1979 said:
Removing the ATK and Defense cap poses other problems though, but it would also give all the "math" people something to do with their nerdy free time after they fail to get laid this summer.
Lmfao, I like you pd- idea
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-08-09 15:58:10  
Attack and defense don't cap at 999. Feel bad while you're failing at getting laid.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-09 16:09:25  
All DD should just sub THF, duh.
By Oragel 2011-08-09 16:16:52  
Let's have some fixes that will make some people scared to zerg out damage.

1. Adjust the way Utsusemi timers are effect by haste/fastcast. Aww yea people will like that.

2. Give DDs a def cap so they can't take hits.

DDs will either slow down or die. Pld will get some hits every now and then.

(I can't tell if this post is going to come out right b/c my comp will not show what I am typing.....)
 Shiva.Johneblaze
By Shiva.Johneblaze 2011-08-09 16:20:24  
Oragel said:
Let's have some fixes that will make some people scared to zerg out damage. 1. Adjust the way Utsusemi timers are effect by haste/fastcast. Aww yea people will like that. 2. Give DDs a def cap so they can't take hits. DDs will either slow down or die. Pld will get some hits every now and then. (I can't tell if this post is going to come out right b/c my comp will not show what I am typing.....)
I think you meant let's break some more ***so pld seems less broken...
[+]
By Blazed1979 2011-08-09 17:10:16  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Attack and defense don't cap at 999. Feel bad while you're failing at getting laid.
Sex is overrated.
What's the real cap on atk/defense, if there is one?

@JB - ballz of steel.

@nat/ironguy
where/when did dan post? I musta missed it.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-08-09 17:46:42  
Sup dudes, let's not get into drama-filled, off-topic discussions.
[+]
 Asura.Dtroyy
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-08-09 17:46:46  
Siren.Renzyy said:
Regardless of how many people were present at a Tiamat claim/kill, taking well over an hour to kill it was pathetic even in 2007. But I can give some free advice; Dtroyy - make a Blade: Hi set for outside of Abyssea. Qpa - please for the love of god, make a CDC Set. Izilder - don't nexus to tiamat on your useless BST.

K, i wasn't eating curry lol w/ez
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8