Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 55 56 57
By fonewear 2018-01-18 10:02:52  
80s vibes continue:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By clearlyamule 2018-01-18 10:53:09  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Viciouss said: »
I wonder if nausi just recycles posts every few days.
Nonsense. He thinks recycling is a communist plot.
What if it is?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2018-01-18 11:08:13  
clearlyamule said: »
What if it is?

"But it's not."

"BUT WHAT IF IT IS?!"
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-18 11:19:40  
I don't think communist recycle but if they do they probably wouldn't bother to sort paper and plastic.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-18 11:26:16  
fonewear said: »
I don't think communist recycle but if they do they probably wouldn't bother to sort paper and plastic.

They most certainly do recycle!
By clearlyamule 2018-01-18 11:28:10  
Ramyrez said: »
What if it is?

"But it's not."

"BUT WHAT IF IT IS?!"
How would you know for sure unless.... confirmed commie!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-18 11:29:31  
What if it is?

"But it's not."

"BUT WHAT IF IT IS?!"

By fonewear 2018-01-18 11:31:52  
Everyone is a corporate fat cats...expect cats they are communists.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-18 11:32:58  

Something, something, secondary degree in history, something, something, focus on Pacific Rim countries over the past few centuries...

By clearlyamule 2018-01-18 11:36:21  
Oh yeah well I got a degree in Pacific Rim! And my giant robot gunna punch you in your commie face!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-18 11:37:38  

Something, something, secondary degree in history, something, something, focus on Pacific Rim countries over the past few centuries...

I won't let you turn FFXIAH into a den of iniquity !

By Zerowone 2018-01-18 12:07:20  
Lol @ Sebastian Gorka...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/369548-sebastian-gorka-has-an-active-warrant-for-his-arrest-in-hungary

Oh the sweet irony.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-18 12:36:37  
Zerowone said: »
Oh the sweet irony.

They most certainly do recycle!
By Ramyrez 2018-01-18 12:36:52  
Stupid link didn't propagate...lame...
By Zerowone 2018-01-18 13:32:33  
Stupid link didn't propagate...lame...

http://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article195231139.html?

/who wants popcorn?
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-01-18 14:09:09  
Oh jesus christ now your trying to bring NRA into it? lol I swear you and Vic just sit reading the internet for anti-Trump stuff to beat to.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-01-18 14:10:04  
This next 7 years is going to consume you both. I am really worried about you two. I mean it is overtaking your life.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-18 14:27:36  
Odin.Slore said: »
Oh jesus christ now your trying to bring NRA into it? lol I swear you and Vic just sit reading the internet for anti-Trump stuff to beat to.

NRA is responsible for every homicide/school shooting committed since the invention of the gun !
By fonewear 2018-01-18 14:28:32  
This next 7 years is going to consume you both. I am really worried about you two. I mean it is overtaking your life.

The obsession with Trump is pretty amazing for someone people hate they spend all day seeking out reasons to hate him...

I'm sure it is listed under the DSM V Obsessive Trump Disorder.
By fonewear 2018-01-18 14:34:31  
lol:

The symptoms start seconds after I awake in the morning. Like an addict reaching for his pain meds, I fumble for my iPhone and scroll through my feeds for the latest news about Donald Trump.

I scan for words like “lies,” “fledgling campaign,” and “raccoon hands.” Each time I see them a little pleasure center ignites in the frontal lobe of my brain.

But the high is fleeting. As I get ready for work, I flip through the morning news shows hoping for a juicy story on Trump’s declining poll numbers. Left-leaning political podcasts are the soundtrack of my morning commute. At the office, I check my social media feeds again.

I suffer from a psychological disorder nobody but me calls OTD or Obsessive Trump Disorder.

Some signs and symptoms:

Impulsive thoughts and urges related to getting negative news about Trump.
Repeatedly checking to make sure Trump is screwing up
Compulsive “liking” and sharing negative posts about his campaign
It works like this: First, I must know what Trump did wrong. Then I need to know what other people think about what he did wrong—and how this will adversely affect his candidacy. When I’m not fully satisfied with that feedback, I need to hear more negative news about Trump.

And thus the cycle continues—an endless loop of joy and pain, sunshine and rain.

I wondered if I was alone in my OTD. Is it one of those silent diseases that sufferers are too ashamed to talk about, but actually cripples hundreds of thousands of people every day?

So I phone Eli Karam, Ph.D, a clinical therapist in Louisville, Kentucky. He’s level-headed and sharp, with just the right amount of ambivalence towards Trump to be the objective voice I need to hear. To my surprise, he tells me that my self-diagnosed neuroses isn’t so far from an actual real thing.

“A true sign of OCD is that you have an obsessive thought that you can’t get rid of,” he explains. “So you develop a ritual to get that thought out of your head.”

For a person suffering from germ phobia, that ritual is hand washing. For a person with OTD, it’s obsessive checking and re-checking every available screen for bad news about Trump.

Dr. Karam’s explanation helped shed light on what I was doing, but I still didn’t know why I was doing it. Germaphobes (like Trump, ironically) are driven by a fear of being exposed to germs. What was my fear?

I didn’t have to dig deep into my childhood to figure it out. The answer was right there for all to see, like a huge tuft of orange hair.
“The idea of a President Trump is so terrifying, that you look for negative things about him in the media to convince yourself that he’s not going to be elected.”

Can you blame me? While Trump is an underdog, this thing is far from a done deal. None other than Michael Moore predicts Trump will win. Experts point to Brexit as an example of what could happen here. The debates are still a month away, and they could radically change the race. Then there are those deleted Hillary Clinton emails.

Just writing that last paragraph makes me want to type “Trump” and “woefully unprepared” into Google and read every article that pops up. I wish I could jump in a DeLorean and time travel into the future, so I would just know what happens.

This is textbook OTD. “You can’t stand being in limbo,” says Dr. Karam. “So to function, you try to find enough sources to confirm what a tyrant and narcissist Trump is.” That’s why people with OTD need their fix. The ambiguity of the election is just too overwhelming to handle sober.

Ok, fine. I get it. I got a fever for more Trump. So what’s the prescription?

“It’s never cold turkey,” says Dr. Karam. “You need to undergo a systematic desensitization.” In laymen’s terms that means I need to gradually limit my exposure to the things that are causing my OTD in the first place—my phone, my laptop, my TV, my tablet. Basically if it glows, it goes.

Dr. Karam encourages me to switch up my routine. Instead of waking up and looking at my phone, I should go to the gym. Instead of listening to political pundits, I should listen to Headspace . “Taper down your Trump intake to 15 or 20 minutes a day.”

Lastly, I need to accept what I can’t control. “You’re not going to figure this out until the second week of November,” says Dr. Karam. “You only have control over one thing—the way you vote.”

Punching that hole repeatedly for Hillary Clinton on November 8th is one obsessive compulsion I will gladly tolerate.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-small/do-you-suffer-from-obsess_b_11953298.html
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-18 14:47:20  
When Satire becomes real life
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-18 14:55:43  
I've never understood why people like to hate people they don't know personally. Be it celebrities president etc. I don't know Taylor Swift. I don't know Trump. So why bother wasting my time hating them.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-18 14:58:42  
When Satire becomes real life

That process started 18 years ago and came complete in 11/2016.
By Zerowone 2018-01-18 15:00:28  

Posting a link of a published article, does not make the poster the source or creator of its content. You shouldn’t be attributing it as such. It makes you look dumb and the people who do the same with their +’s even dumber.

Now excuse me while, I read about Trump raw dogging Stormy Daniels while Melania sat at home with 3 mo Barron, and laugh at evangelicals who talk about being family value voters.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-18 15:00:45  
I've never understood why people like to hate people they don't know personally

Because when they're public figures, especially politicians, they aren't people. They're icons. And when you're an icon of things people hate, people hate you.

Obama, Trump, Oprah, Limbaugh. Etc.

It's a pretty basic aspect of human nature.
By Zerowone 2018-01-18 15:03:57  
I've never understood why people like to hate people they don't know personally

Because when they're public figures, especially politicians, they aren't people. They're icons. And when you're an icon of things people hate, people hate you.

Obama, Trump, Oprah, Limbaugh. Etc.

It's a pretty basic aspect of human nature.

See HillaREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
By fonewear 2018-01-18 15:05:19  
I rather say I hate groups of people not individuals that way I cover all my bases !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-18 15:05:37  
Focusing all your hate on one person...you are missing out.
By Zerowone 2018-01-18 15:06:58  
I rather say I hate groups of people not individuals that way I cover all my bases !

Well it’s no secret you suffer from DSM X “Obsessive Shitpost Disorder”
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-18 15:07:54  
Zerowone said: »

Well it’s no secret you suffer from DSM X “Obsessive Shitpost Disorder”

Wow you came up with that all by yourself...impressed. I though you'd have to link some article no one will read.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 55 56 57