Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 4 ... 55 56 57
By Viciouss 2018-01-03 13:12:51  
Daily reminder that the President does not have a button, big or small, on his desk that he can push and nukes go up in the air.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-03 13:22:12  
Viciouss said: »
Daily reminder that the President does not have a button, big or small, on his desk that he can push and nukes go up in the air.

He's the POTUS, Vic. He says he's got a button, there's a button.

Why would he lie? He's never done it before.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-03 13:25:32  

He does when it's convenient for the media to make voters afraid of him. But when the President himself says he has one, it's more convenient to take things literally and fact-check him.
By fonewear 2018-01-03 13:44:29  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Things are getting a bit explodey today...

Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'
CNN

Best lines:
Quote:
"The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers," Bannon continued, according to the Guardian. "Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s***, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

Bannon also reportedly told Wolff: "They're going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV."

Exclusive: Previously undisclosed emails show follow-up after Trump Tower meeting
CNN

EMAILS!!! And not Hillary's!!!

Fusion GPS co-founders slam GOP's 'fake investigations'
CNN

Kinda tame compared to Bannon's but...

And I will check other sources on this stuff.

CNN CNN CNN====Don't care don't care don't care
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 13:49:38  
Ramyrez said: »

He's the POTUS, Vic. He says he's got a button, there's a button.

Why would he lie? He's never done it before.

I'm sure there is a button how else you going to launch nukes ?
By fonewear 2018-01-03 13:50:04  
You probably have to hold the button 30 seconds like when you delete a FFXI character...
[+]
By Nausi 2018-01-03 13:51:47  
2 best parts to yesterday.

Watching liberals freak out over Trump hitting the twitter button inreaponse to rocket man.

Watching liberals try and insist that Trump’s policy had no affect on the Norks opening up talks with the south hiurs later.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-01-03 13:51:58  
you have to enter the lunchcodes
By fonewear 2018-01-03 13:52:26  
Valefor.Endoq said: »

Let me guess launch code is...007.
By Nausi 2018-01-03 13:52:37  
Also we have a defcon 2 “happening”

Bannon becomes the next person to get run over by the Trump train.
By fonewear 2018-01-03 13:53:42  
We won't have to worry about NK if we launch our nukes first. It will just a be hole in the ground. SO bring you fat *** !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 14:48:15  
Lunchcode = ham and cheezey on wry.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-01-03 15:11:29  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Lunchcode = ham and cheezey on wry.
You forgot the russian dressing
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 15:14:06  
Trump unloads on former top aide Bannon: 'He lost his mind'
CNN again.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 15:32:42  
Paul Manafort sues Special Counsel Robert Mueller, Justice Department
NY Daily News

Quote:
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who was recently indicted on money laundering and other charges, is challenging the authority of Special Counsel Robert Mueller in a new lawsuit.

Manafort’s lawyers in court documents filed Wednesday call into question Mueller’s decision to charge their client with crimes they say have "no connection whatsoever to the 2016 presidential campaign or even Donald Trump."

As part of his investigation into Russian meddling in the recent election, Mueller in October indicted Manafort and longtime associate Rick Gates on 12 counts related money laundering, tax fraud, failing to reigster as foreign agents and conspiracy against the United States.

“The investigation of Mr. Manafort is completely unmoored from the Special Counsel’s original jurisdiction to investigate ‘any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,’” the complaint reads.“It has focused on unrelated, decade-old business dealings — specifically Ukraine political campaign consulting activities of Mr. Manafort.”

The filing also takes aim at the Justice Department and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein— who approved the special investigation after President Trump fired James Comey as FBI director.

Rosenstein had been tasked with overseeing the probe after Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from from the investigation.

Manafort in the lawsuit claimed Rosenstein unlawfully handed Mueller authority to investigate "anything he stumbles across while investigating, no matter how remote from the specific matter identified as the subject of the Appointment order."

Manafort in the suit requested a federal judge reject Mueller's appointment and dismiss the case against him.

"The lawsuit is frivolous but the defendent is entitled to to file whatever he wants," a Department of Justice spokesperson said in response to the filing.
One wonders if he never heard of the blue dress.
By fonewear 2018-01-03 15:44:59  
I miss when Chanti posts questionable links from questionable sources.
By Nausi 2018-01-03 16:03:11  
I saw a really great jpg post on twitter that I cannot find anymore.

It said "it's only been one year and Trump's already gotten rid of global warming".

I've been sending it to all my friends today.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 16:05:26  
fonewear said: »
I miss when Chanti posts questionable links from questionable sources.
Says our resident expert in Simpsinoligy who hasn't posted a single Simpsons clip of gif this thread....
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 16:07:01  
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 16:07:19  
By fonewear 2018-01-03 16:18:56  
Also I find it entertaining that giant companies like ABC NBC. Hire unpaid/low paid interns to monitor Trump's twitter 24/7 to be outraged.
By fonewear 2018-01-03 16:30:16  
This is why Trump won:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Zerowone 2018-01-03 16:36:58  
This is why Trump won:

Somebody call Mueller and let him know that he can stop investigating. FFXIAH’s Perry Mason solved the case.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 16:38:26  
I think cat ladies shouldn't be allowed to vote.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-03 16:43:01  
I think cat ladies shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Tell Chanti how you really feel!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 16:46:34  
Well I've studied cat ladies. And there is a fine line between cat owner and cat lady. I think once you get past like 6 cats you are dangerously close to cat lady.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 16:46:55  
Just in case anyone is interested, here's the NY Times' op-ed posted by Glenn R. Simpson and Peter Fritsch, the founders of the research firm Fusion GPS.

The Republicans’ Fake Investigations

Quote:
A generation ago, Republicans sought to protect President Richard Nixon by urging the Senate Watergate committee to look at supposed wrongdoing by Democrats in previous elections. The committee chairman, Sam Ervin, a Democrat, said that would be “as foolish as the man who went bear hunting and stopped to chase rabbits.”

Today, amid a growing criminal inquiry into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, congressional Republicans are again chasing rabbits. We know because we’re their favorite quarry.

In the year since the publication of the so-called Steele dossier — the collection of intelligence reports we commissioned about Donald Trump’s ties to Russia — the president has repeatedly attacked us on Twitter. His allies in Congress have dug through our bank records and sought to tarnish our firm to punish us for highlighting his links to Russia. Conservative news outlets and even our former employer, The Wall Street Journal, have spun a succession of mendacious conspiracy theories about our motives and backers.

We are happy to correct the record. In fact, we already have.

Three congressional committees have heard over 21 hours of testimony from our firm, Fusion GPS. In those sessions, we toppled the far right’s conspiracy theories and explained how The Washington Free Beacon and the Clinton campaign — the Republican and Democratic funders of our Trump research — separately came to hire us in the first place.

We walked investigators through our yearlong effort to decipher Mr. Trump’s complex business past, of which the Steele dossier is but one chapter. And we handed over our relevant bank records — while drawing the line at a fishing expedition for the records of companies we work for that have nothing to do with the Trump case.

Republicans have refused to release full transcripts of our firm’s testimony, even as they selectively leak details to media outlets on the far right. It’s time to share what our company told investigators.

We don’t believe the Steele dossier was the trigger for the F.B.I.’s investigation into Russian meddling. As we told the Senate Judiciary Committee in August, our sources said the dossier was taken so seriously because it corroborated reports the bureau had received from other sources, including one inside the Trump camp.

The intelligence committees have known for months that credible allegations of collusion between the Trump camp and Russia were pouring in from independent sources during the campaign. Yet lawmakers in the thrall of the president continue to wage a cynical campaign to portray us as the unwitting victims of Kremlin disinformation.

We suggested investigators look into the bank records of Deutsche Bank and others that were funding Mr. Trump’s businesses. Congress appears uninterested in that tip: Reportedly, ours are the only bank records the House Intelligence Committee has subpoenaed.

We told Congress that from Manhattan to Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., and from Toronto to Panama, we found widespread evidence that Mr. Trump and his organization had worked with a wide array of dubious Russians in arrangements that often raised questions about money laundering. Likewise, those deals don’t seem to interest Congress.

We explained how, from our past journalistic work in Europe, we were deeply familiar with the political operative Paul Manafort’s coziness with Moscow and his financial ties to Russian oligarchs close to Vladimir Putin.

Finally, we debunked the biggest canard being pushed by the president’s men — the notion that we somehow knew of the June 9, 2016, meeting in Trump Tower between some Russians and the Trump brain trust. We first learned of that meeting from news reports last year — and the committees know it. They also know that these Russians were unaware of the former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele’s work for us and were not sources for his reports.

Yes, we hired Mr. Steele, a highly respected Russia expert. But we did so without informing him whom we were working for and gave him no specific marching orders beyond this basic question: Why did Mr. Trump repeatedly seek to do deals in a notoriously corrupt police state that most serious investors shun?

What came back shocked us. Mr. Steele’s sources in Russia (who were not paid) reported on an extensive — and now confirmed — effort by the Kremlin to help elect Mr. Trump president. Mr. Steele saw this as a crime in progress and decided he needed to report it to the F.B.I.

We did not discuss that decision with our clients, or anyone else. Instead, we deferred to Mr. Steele, a trusted friend and intelligence professional with a long history of working with law enforcement. We did not speak to the F.B.I. and haven’t since.

After the election, Mr. Steele decided to share his intelligence with Senator John McCain via an emissary. We helped him do that. The goal was to alert the United States national security community to an attack on our country by a hostile foreign power. We did not, however, share the dossier with BuzzFeed, which to our dismay published it last January.

We’re extremely proud of our work to highlight Mr. Trump’s Russia ties. To have done so is our right under the First Amendment.

It is time to stop chasing rabbits. The public still has much to learn about a man with the most troubling business past of any United States president. Congress should release transcripts of our firm’s testimony, so that the American people can learn the truth about our work and most important, what happened to our democracy.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 16:48:01  
Here is a handy guide to cat ladies:

This woman breast feeds her cat...think about that...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 16:48:32  
Well I've studied cat ladies. And there is a fine line between cat owner and cat lady. I think once you get past like 6 cats you are dangerously close to cat lady.
A couple of friends are past 10. I think that's crazy cat lady territory. They both agree.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-01-03 16:49:45  
Chanti, are you really in trhe camp that believes this stuff?

These guys pled the fifth under oath in congress.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 55 56 57