Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 11:32:13  
And problem solved.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 11:33:33  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Man you are so dogmatic and rigid. I wonder if you see the world in black and white as opposed to full color...

*Cough*

Asura.Saevel said: »
I'll say it again for the snowflakes.

Quote:
So lets stop with the ***, saying PUP is a "great tank" is like saying MNK is a "great DD" or SMN is a "great healer".
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-11 11:34:41  
Man you are so dogmatic and rigid. I wonder if you see the world in black and white as opposed to full color...

*Cough*

I'll say it again for the snowflakes.

Quote:
So lets stop with the ***, saying PUP is a "great tank" is like saying MNK is a "great DD" or SMN is a "great healer".
Let’s sing together and hold hands sad snowflake.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 11:38:31  
So back to the topic - is someone going to create an Ambu v1 thread so we can collaborate ideas?
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-12-11 11:54:30  
Get a rescue dog or something.
I laughed a little too much at this.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2017-12-11 12:01:03  
The only thing a PUP "tank" brings to the table is their nearly indestructible nature. They don't hold hate worth a damn but they don't die either. So if you can create a party the generates nearly no hate, you can use a PUP to "tank". Meaning other pet jobs or relic RNG's.

... but those are reasonably popular strategies for fights, right? Monk as a DD, or summoner as a healer, don't mesh well into popular strategies like puppetmaster tanking does. Your comparison is flawed.
By eliroo 2017-12-11 12:02:49  
Mostly everyone knows that Saevel is wrong, can we move on a talk about how to farm this Intense Ambuscade : ^ ) ?

Is it possible to out-range the AoE's? Can like RNG/SMN/COR hit the boss with relatively ease while like a RUN tanks and shockwaves to keep the adds asleep?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-11 12:09:24  
I'm starting to feel like I should just save upgrade items for the next few months, because I think the head/body slots are gonna be shockingly amazing and create sudden demand that doesn't exist right now.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-11 12:10:23  
eliroo said: »
Mostly everyone knows that Saevel is wrong, can we move on a talk about how to farm this Intense Ambuscade : ^ ) ?

Is it possible to out-range the AoE's? Can like RNG/SMN/COR hit the boss with relatively ease while like a RUN tanks and shockwaves to keep the adds asleep?
I want to know this might be the first amb I’ll spam.
By Kodaijin 2017-12-11 12:26:13  
I dont think Saevel is wrong. If a pup tank cant hold hate, then its not a tank. fair statement. You could have a SCH or a BST pet or a rdm also effectively never die as well but they cant be tanks. Not dying does not equal tank. Saev did acknowledge that pups can tank situationally. Everything in this game is situational. Its just a matter of, statistically speaking, which is better more often.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 12:34:42  
Kodaijin said: »
I dont think Saevel is wrong. If a pup tank cant hold hate, then its not a tank. fair statement. You could have a SCH or a BST pet or a rdm also effectively never die as well but they cant be tanks. Not dying does not equal tank. Saev did acknowledge that pups can tank situationally. Everything in this game is situational. Its just a matter of, statistically speaking, which is better more often.
And PUP is better in several important situations, unlike rdm, sch, or bst pet.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 12:37:14  
Pretty much any situation you'd want a pet tank you wouldn't want melees in range anyways so hate issue solved
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 12:44:06  
And you read past the part where I specifically said "PUP tank is not a PLD or RUN...it's different. Jesus, I even italicized it.

PUP is a *** "tank". The robot is practically invincible yet can't hold hate worth a damn. They are a WAR/PLD with no gear swaps or enmity sets, just full time DT gear. It only works with things that won't generate hate anyways like pets or relic RNGs.

They do have access to the Heyoka set which is a princely amount of enmity, along with strobes + flashbulb. The problem is they don't succeed vs high powered DDs since the DPS hate accumulation will take the attention away from the robot too quickly. They rely on their Job Ability timers...It's a different type of tank, and people need to open their eyes to this.

...They are not Paladins or RUNs by any means, they are different. Doesn't mean they can't fulfill the task of tanking when necessary.

Different fights and strats call for different measures. Chances are if you're using a PUP tank, clearlyamule described why hate issues aren't a problem with this setup. They are there to absorb the "f you" moves while the rest of the party sits back and deals damage from a distance. Generally, where hate is either disposable or PUPs gang up together. You guys are making inconsistent comparisons by being stubborn. It may not tank like a run or pld, but why would it? It's not there to replace it, it's just different.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-11 13:12:19  
Leviathan.Vedder said: »
The drk hands I really don't know about. As it stands drk relic gear hasn't been woot-worthy and I was really looking forward to the hands too. Still gonna grab em but I fail to see drk nuking any good

Least my cor is still climbing though

DRK relic hands have always been about dark magic .. so I'll be excited to get these! Any extra skill, drain/aspir potency and magic accuracy helps us a lot. The MAB is just a waste of a stat.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-12-11 13:15:27  
DirectX said: »

Was at Reisenjima #9 yesterday doing T1 and this was the other 3 groups that were there. No SMN nerf is a joke.

nerf smn so i dont have to wait 3 minutes for smns to kill t1s that can be done in 30 seconds
[+]
By Justuas 2017-12-11 13:17:01  

Was at Reisenjima #9 yesterday doing T1 and this was the other 3 groups that were there. No SMN nerf is a joke.
Smn burn all the things.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-11 13:19:40  
Not gonna lie. Totally bummed they didnt just slap +5 TH on the THF hands. Nothing has changed since you still need 2 pieces of armor equipped to reach cap XD. You Blew it SE.

Other than that im really interested to see where the RDM hands go. even at 30% it would be a 7.5 Boost to a single stat which ill take any day. But a full 30+ would be insane. Heres to hoping ~
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-12-11 13:23:37  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

nerf smn so i dont have to wait 3 minutes for smns to kill t1s that can be done in 30 seconds

But... but... then I'm actually playing a game and not just smashing keys. Where's the fun in that?
By eliroo 2017-12-11 13:36:11  
Anyone in a rush to get the BLU relic hands +3? They look amazing!
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-12-11 13:38:32  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

Don't have a clue what your comment is supposed to say.
Just pointing out how embarrassing this game has become as an RPG with 22 jobs.

Asura just appeals to the lowest common denominator. Just because everyone uses it on t1s does not mean it's good. SMN is actually pretty slow outside of AC zerg and is just an alternate method to killing monsters in a controlled manner like RNG.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-12-11 13:42:07  
Ah, yeah I did. Sorry.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9